Author Topic: Florida man reportedly plans to kill elementary school students — because of the school's 'obnoxious  (Read 473 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sarah Taylor

A Florida man is accused of threatening to kill children at an elementary school because the school is painted to look like the American flag.

Authorities report that 22-year-old Andrew Ivan Aman was set to stab as many children as possible at Bellamy Elementary School in Tampa, Florida. He was taken into custody for a mental health evaluation under the state's Baker Act.

According to WTVT-TV, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office issued a memo warning deputies about the alleged threat.

The memo, which was branded "situational awareness" and "law enforcement sensitive," went out on Monday, describing Aman's alleged plot to "stab as many children as possible" at the school.

Aman reportedly took issue with the school because of its American pride, and American flag-themed exterior painting.

The memo explained that the 22-year-old — who has a history of several mental disorders — decided to target the elementary school because he despises the United States, and because of the school's "obnoxious pride in America," as "illustrated by the large American flag mural" on the building's exterior....

https://www.theblaze.com/news/florida-man-reportedly-plans-to-kill-elementary-school-students-because-of-the-schools-obnoxious-pride-in-america?utm_content=buffer1b3a6&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=tw-theblaze

Looks like law enforcement was alert and aware and did the right thing. 

Another "we need Red Flag laws now!"

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Do these wackos get to vote? Clearly Trump triggered this.  :yowsa:

Are the Dems running to TV cameras to push for common-sense knife control? Why haven't I heard this on the news or seen it reported anywhere but the Blaze?

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
BTW - here's little Andy:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
"The memo revealed that Aman hid a large kitchen knife in a bag and was on his way to the school to kill the children.
"If adults get in the way, he planned to stab them as well," the memo added.
Aman only reportedly stopped the plan after running into his roommate while on the way to the school. Aman reportedly confessed the plot to his roommate, who, in turn, reported the purported plan to police. Authorities apprehended Aman and took him into custody. No firearms were discovered in a search of Aman's residence."

We need a national registry for large kitchen knives./s
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
BTW - here's little Andy:

See? He's wearing orange. He's signaling that he's been triggered by Trump. Soon we'll see him blinking "Racist Trump" in Morse Code in front of a TV camera. Gotta go watch the Astros. I'll hurry back after the game to see all the breaking news around this incident. I'm sure reporters and news vehicles are descending on scene as I type. Later, y'all. Go Astros!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
See? He's wearing orange. He's signaling that he's been triggered by Trump. Soon we'll see him blinking "Racist Trump" in Morse Code in front of a TV camera. Gotta go watch the Astros. I'll hurry back after the game to see all the breaking news around this incident. I'm sure reporters and news vehicles are descending on scene as I type. Later, y'all. Go Astros!

:silly: