Author Topic: Mothers start petition to change Round Rock elementary school’s logo, mascot  (Read 386 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Looks like Travis Co liberalism and the misguided SJW has spread to Williamson county..

ROUND ROCK, Texas (KXAN) — A group of mothers started an online petition to change the logo and the mascot at one of the elementary schools in the Round Rock Independent School District.

The mascot at Double File Trail Elementary School is currently the Braves.

It’s represented by a logo of a round, smiling cartoon face that has long hair and a headband with a feather sticking out of it.

Heather Snaman told KXAN that that logo has always bothered her since she started taking her daughter to school there more than three years ago.

“It’s a great school. We’ve had great teachers and great administrators, and I really don’t want to take away any of that,” Snaman said. “I just want the logo and the mascot to be something that’s also at that level.”

Her daughter won’t be a student at Double File Trail anymore, but Snaman created a petition with two other women whose children are enrolled there.

“Even if my daughter isn’t going there this year, I do have twin toddlers that probably will be going there in a few years, so I’m still invested in it,” she said.
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/williamson-county/mothers-start-petition-to-change-round-rock-elementary-schools-logo-mascot/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Likely hundreds if not thousands have gone through this school.

Now three people file a complaint.

Why should so few people cause any changes?

Disregard it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington