Author Topic: Coulter rips Trump for signaling support for tougher background checks  (Read 392 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Coulter rips Trump for signaling support for tougher background checks
By John Bowden - 08/09/19 01:39 PM EDT

Conservative commentator Ann Coulter mocked President Trump on Friday for signaling support for negotiations in the House and Senate over stricter background checks for gun purchases in the wake of several mass shootings.

"QUIZ: Does @realDonaldTrump know less about gun laws or immigration law? WE ALREADY HAVE UNIVERSAL BACKGROUND CHECKS. Forcing widows to lose money selling her husband's gun to a nephew is not going to stop one gun crime," she tweeted.

"Laws that would actually reduce gun crimes: 1) prosecute of straw purchasers 2) concealed carry laws," Coulter continued. "3) stop hiding the disciplinary records of high school kids 4) allow crazy people to be institutionalized 5) force local officials to follow up on 'red flag' tips."

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/456878-coulter-rips-trump-for-signaling-support-for-tougher-background?fbclid=IwAR3ij8CTdNcqnvurXWK735ZwEoDEq8torRd2Hhp2kh7XwS4LiOBhjlU70xk
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Coulter rips Trump for signaling support for tougher background checks
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 06:15:03 pm »
Nice one Ann!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 08:05:39 pm »
You've got no credibility on this topic, Ann.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 08:15:37 pm »
    Where's she been for a week (we know it ain't on the toilet).

« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 08:17:09 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Puss-N-Boots

• God. Family. Seahawks!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 08:19:46 pm »
Ann doesn't even know exactly what President Trump is thinking of, yet she's already ripping him?  I'll hold fire until I see what's on his mind.

I'm all for comprehensive background checks for transfers among non-family.  I shouldn't need one to transfer a gun to my daughter, but I'm sure as hell not going to sell to a stranger without making sure they aren't a raving nut bar.
The Constitution is not a suggestion.