Author Topic: Onetime Miss Iraq clashes with Rep. Omar after saying lawmaker doesn't represent her as Muslim  (Read 320 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Onetime Miss Iraq clashes with Rep. Omar after saying lawmaker doesn't represent her as Muslim
Sam Dorman

Former Miss Iraq Sarah Idan provoked the criticism of Rep. Ilhan Omar on Thursday after news surfaced that she distanced herself from the freshman Democrat from Minnesota in an interview.

"Ilhan Omar does not represent me as a Muslim -- does not represent millions of Muslims in the Middle East," Idan told "The Sara Carter Show."

Those comments prompted Omar to stress that she wasn't the beauty queen's representative since she didn't live in her congressional district.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/media/onetime-miss-iraq-clashes-with-rep-omar-after-saying-lawmaker-doesnt-represent-her-as-muslim

The former Miss Iraq did well.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 04:01:02 am by TomSea »

Offline verga

The former Miss Iraq did well.
Those comments prompted Omar to stress that she wasn't the beauty queen's representative since she didn't live in her congressional district.

The kind of response I would expect from such an intellectual giant.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So the Terrorist Omar is only a Muzlum when she is in her district, little mogadishu MN?  Okay then. :shrug:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.