State Chapters > Florida

'Gun Violence Prevention Activist' Walks into FL Gun Shop, Asks for Something That Will Kill 200 Peo

(1/5) > >>

PeteS in CA:
'Gun Violence Prevention Activist' Walks into FL Gun Shop, Asks for Something That Will Kill 200 People

--- Quote ---Here's one for the Florida Man files. Fortunately, the only thing this idiot managed to hurt was his own feelings.

WPTV in West Palm Beach:

--- Quote ---Port St. Lucie police are asking the public to help identify a man who asked a Walmart clerk about buying a weapon that can kill a large number of people...
"Can you sell me anything (or a gun) that would kill 200 people?" the man asked.
The clerk replied, "That isn't funny," and the man responded, "I know," and asked again if they could sell him anything that would kill 200 people.
--- End quote ---
In time-honored liberal fashion, this genius ended up proving the exact opposite of what he intended to prove. His point was supposed to be that people planning a mass-murder can just walk into a gun shop and get what they want. But instead, what happened when he told the clerk he wanted to kill a bunch of people? He got a scolding from the clerk, and then a visit from the cops. His threat was taken seriously. And now the whole world knows what an idiot he is.
--- End quote ---

Disproving what he intended to prove ...... own-goal!!!  :silly:

Wingnut:
I think saying he is weapons grade stupid is apropos in this instance.

dfwgator:

"Can I have 10,000 bullets, please?"

Cyber Liberty:
Reminds me of Mark Kelly when he tried to buy an AR-15 from a Tucson gun dealer shortly after his wife Gabby Giffords got shot by a lunatic.  He boasted openly about how he wanted to prove this before he picked up the gun.  The gunshop owner threw him out of the place, barring him from ever entering his store again.  And Kelly did not get the AR-15.

Jazzhead:

--- Quote from: Cyber Liberty on August 09, 2019, 04:50:13 pm ---Reminds me of Mark Kelly when he tried to buy an AR-15 from a Tucson gun dealer shortly after his wife Gabby Giffords got shot by a lunatic.  He boasted openly about how he wanted to prove this before he picked up the gun.  The gunshop owner threw him out of the place, barring him from ever entering his store again.  And Kelly did not get the AR-15.

--- End quote ---

This is actually an argument for expanding background checks to sales at gun shows or requiring private sales to be effected through a licensed gun dealer.   A reputable licensed gun dealer, like a reputable owner of a liquor store,  has an incentive to police sales since he risks losing something very valuable to him - his license.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version