Author Topic: BREAKING: Good Guy With Gun Stops Potential Attack At Walmart After Man Shows Up With Rifle, Body Ar  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
BREAKING: Good Guy With Gun Stops Potential Attack At Walmart After Man Shows Up With Rifle, Body Armor

By RYAN SAAVEDRA Augjts 8, 2019

An off-duty firefighter who had a firearm with him stopped a potential attack from taking place at a Walmart in Missouri after a 20-year-old man showed up to the store with a rifle, body armor, and over 100 rounds of ammunition.

"His intent was not to cause peace or comfort to anybody that was in the business," Lt. Mike Lucas with the Springfield Police Department said. "In fact, he’s lucky to be alive still to be honest."

Although it's not yet clear what the man's intent was, Lucas said: "We definitely have some crimes here."...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/50424/breaking-good-guy-gun-stops-potential-attack-ryan-saavedra?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm sure we will be reading and hearing all about this for days to come.  /s
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:55:07 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Okay I am having problems with this one.  Why did this guy not start shooting when he came in the store.  Reports say he just sauntered around the store.  Was it a show, and act, a d-bag being stupid?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
A third Antifa attack? :pondering:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline Victoria33

Okay I am having problems with this one.  Why did this guy not start shooting when he came in the store.  Reports say he just sauntered around the store.  Was it a show, and act, a d-bag being stupid?
@The Ghost

The law officer said the guy is lucky to still be alive.
I would not be surprised if the firefighter had wounded him, such as shoot him in the leg to get him down on the ground and the weapons off him. 
The question is, what would have happened if the firefighter had not been there?

Online Wingnut

@The Ghost

The law officer said the guy is lucky to still be alive.
I would not be surprised if the firefighter had wounded him, such as shoot him in the leg to get him down on the ground and the weapons off him. 
The question is, what would have happened if the firefighter had not been there?
@Victoria33
It is to early to surmise.  Something smells about this.  He walked tru the store and never fired a shot. 

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Looking for someone in particular.

Waiting for the acid to kick in.

Maybe both.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Ryan Saavedra
@realsaavedra
August 8, 2019

An off-duty firefighter who had a firearm with him stopped a potential attack from taking place at a Walmart in Missouri after a 20-year-old man showed up to the store with a rifle, body armor, and over 100 rounds of ammunition.

"His intent was not to cause peace or comfort to anybody that was in the business," Lt. Mike Lucas with the Springfield Police Department said. "In fact, he’s lucky to be alive still to be honest."

Although it's not yet clear what the man's intent was, Lucas said, "We definitely have some crimes here."

Lucas said that there may have been a Facebook Live posted by the suspect and that law enforcement officials are conducting an investigation and looking through the suspect's social media.

KOLR news anchor tweeted "20-year-old man with rifle, handgun & body armor arrested at Walmart on Republic. SFD Police say he had 100+ rounds of ammunition. Off-duty firefighter with concealed carry gun held him at gunpoint until officers arrived about 3 minutes later"

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/50424/breaking-good-guy-gun-stops-potential-attack-ryan-saavedra
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

After reading this story last night, I pondered what I would do. What if, when I go to the grocery store this morning, a gun-laden young man walks through the entrance ahead of me? Do I have the courage to do anything about it?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mod1

Threads merged.

Offline mountaineer

Man in body armor and armed with rifle sparks panic at Missouri Walmart
The man in his 20s was reportedly walking around armed and recording video. Though there was no shooting, it caused a panic days after two mass shootings.
Aug. 9, 2019, 5:03 AM EDT / Updated Aug. 9, 2019, 8:48 AM EDT
By Phil Helsel and Suzanne Ciechalski
The armed man who walked into a Missouri Walmart store dressed in body armor and fatigues and was detained at gunpoint by an off-duty firefighter is "lucky he's alive still" considering the situation he created, a police official said.

No shots were fired in the incident that happened just after 4 p.m. Thursday in Springfield, Missouri, a city of around 160,000 in the southwestern part of the state, officials said.

The man who is said to be white and in his 20s was detained by the armed firefighter until police arrived at the Walmart Neighborhood Market, police said in a statement. The man in body armor had been seen pushing a shopping cart and recording video of himself on a cellphone, police told NBC affiliate KYTV.  ...

Though police did not name the person, police and online jail records indicate Dmitriy Andreychenko, 20, had been arrested.  ...
More at NBC News

From the perp's Facebook profile:
Studied EMS/EMT at Ozarks Technical Community College
Went to Gresham High School
Lives in Springfield, Missouri
From Portland, Oregon
Married to Angelica Andreychenko

His Instagram profile:
dmitriya16

416 posts
    346 followers
    327 following

Dima Chenko
Love my God 🌎
Love my wife 🤰🏽
Love my guns 🔫
Romans 1:16 📖
⚔️ ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ⚔️
Pictures of him shooting, hunting, fishing, etc., at Instagram.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Aug 5....missed this

Walmart employee's son, 31, called in threat to 'shoot up' store, prompting evacuation, authorities say
https://www.foxnews.com/us/walmart-florida-evacuation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
After reading this story last night, I pondered what I would do. What if, when I go to the grocery store this morning, a gun-laden young man walks through the entrance ahead of me? Do I have the courage to do anything about it?

I've been thinking about that since the Walmart incident in El Paso and would like to think I would have followed him until he made any kind of move to use his weapons before I capped him.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

I was going to guess, being young, and stupid, not a trained terrorist, he hesitated, maybe got cold feet, perhaps having trouble finding the right spot to start firing (for maximum effect). 

Offline verga

I've been thinking about that since the Walmart incident in El Paso and would like to think I would have followed him until he made any kind of move to use his weapons before I capped him.
I have thought about that over the last several years. This summer at Scout camp I got a partial answer, while not identical, similar.
Over the last several years we have had a problem with bears in and around the camp area.This summer I got a call over the walkie talkie that a bear was seen near one of the scout groups. I jumped into my mini Dune buggy to go after the bear with out even thinking. The Camp director called me back, he had grabbed his Kimber .380 and we went after it. He told me that from then on he wanted me on Camp carrying because of this or an active shooter. about a week later we got another call this time I had my Ruger Security 9 9mm with me. We were able to chase the bear off using our vehicles and no shots were fired.
The thing is the first time I just went into action on autopilot, no firearm in a vehicle that weighed less than the bear.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Applewood

And then there's this:

Armed man at Walmart says he was testing right to bear arms

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) — Prosecutors on Friday filed a terrorist threat charge against a 20-year-old man who said he walked into a Missouri store wearing body armor and carrying a loaded rifle and handgun to test whether Walmart would honor his constitutional right to bear arms.

The incident, just days after 22 people were killed during an attack at another Walmart in El Paso, Texas, caused a panic at the Springfield, Missouri, store. Dmitriy Andreychenko walked through filming himself with his cell phone Thursday afternoon.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/armed-man-at-walmart-says-he-was-testing-right-to-bear-arms/ar-AAFxBg0?ocid=spartandhp

Offline NavyCanDo

He claims he was exercising his 2nd amendment rights with this display of idiocy. Like those who showed up at Stabucks with ARs just to prove they could. A responsible gun owner NEVER causes alarm of citizens they encounter. If that is what he was doing he caused nothing but harm to the cause he claims to support.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He claims he was exercising his 2nd amendment rights with this display of idiocy. Like those who showed up at Stabucks with ARs just to prove they could. A responsible gun owner NEVER causes alarm of citizens they encounter. If that is what he was doing he caused nothing but harm to the cause he claims to support.
Yep. WHile I can understand that people panic at the sight of firearms mainly because they are not used to seeing them, this just wasn't the week to walk around wearing body armor with a rifle in Walmart.

Not helpful at all.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Guys, I don't buy this story and I don't think the authorities do either.

Online Wingnut

Guys, I don't buy this story and I don't think the authorities do either.

Well, if true, It confirms my earlier post on the subject.

Offline Applewood

I'm sure we will be reading and hearing all about this for days to come.  /s

Finally watched the reporting on tv yesterday (ABC Evening News).  The news reader waited till almost the end of the story to reluctantly mention the off-duty fireman.  I guess that part didn't fit in with the official anti-gun narrative.

Offline mountaineer

He claims he was exercising his 2nd amendment rights with this display of idiocy.
Hard to say he actually committed a crime, if open carry is permissible in Missouri.

Offline Applewood

Hard to say he actually committed a crime, if open carry is permissible in Missouri.

If his story is true, he ought to be jailed for being such a *bleep.*  But I guess if it was a crime to he a *bleep,* there would be a whole lot more people in the slammer.

Offline mountaineer

A really stupid thing to do, that's for sure. I can open carry in my state, but that doesn't mean I'd sashay into a store draped in weaponry, just to prove a point.