Author Topic: Portland Mayor Says He Won’t Tolerate Street Violence Next Weekend  (Read 3121 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Portland Mayor Says He Won’t Tolerate Street Violence Next Weekend

Mayor Ted Wheeler of Portland, who is also the city’s police commissioner, has bent over backward to protect Antifa from the police this year. But in the wake of a violent attack against reporter Andy Ngo Wheeler seems to be changing his tune. Another weekend confrontation between the left and right is currently planned for next weekend. In anticipation, Wheeler released a video clip in which he personally warns that anyone who becomes violent will face arrest and legal consequences.

In a video message posted to YouTube on Wednesday, Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler said “extremists from across the political spectrum” have used the city to “commit acts of violence while spreading their messages.” Wheelers said officials have learned that groups plan on doing the same thing on Aug. 17, to spread hateful messages in addition to coming “with the explicit intent to commit violence.”

“Hear me when I say this: To those people planning to come and inflict violence in our city, we don’t want you here,” the mayor said.

Wheeler said he has directed the Portland police to “use whatever means necessary” and “amass whatever resources necessary” in order to ensure public safety and uphold the law. ...

As Sheikh Ilderim (fictionally) said, "If you will cook the meal with words, I will promise an ocean of butter." I do not trust Wheeler: 1. not to sic PPD on law-abiding people with whom he disagrees; 2. not to have PPD stand down when Antifoids attack law-abiding people with whom he disagrees. And the Antifoids will put Wheeler's words to the test.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

What's he going to do to stop it,bite his pillow?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

I'll take "Things I Absolutely Do Not Believe" for $200, Alex.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Little Wheeler is more bark than bite. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Andy Ngo  @MrAndyNgo

The mayor of Portland is in denial. There are many, many violent extremists who don’t have to “bring” their violence here.
They already live, recruit & organize right here. And under your tenure they’ve only grown more emboldened.

12:50 AM · Aug 9, 2019

Offline PeteS in CA

The weekend approacheth ... bumping.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The weekend approacheth ... bumping.

Yes, let's see how this works out.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Yes, let's see how this works out.

I wonder what the vegas odds are on this one?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
How about tolerating some webcams so we can watch.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So we've let this go on for more weeks than we can count, but by Gaia you will not do so this weekend, because the roundtable of High Holy Ones have deemed it so.

Is he gonna shake his fist at them? Fart in their general direction? Because he's not let the cops do a dang thing till the cancer has metastisized out of control.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

As Sheikh Ilderim (fictionally) said, "If you will cook the meal with words, I will promise an ocean of butter." I do not trust Wheeler: 1. not to sic PPD on law-abiding people with whom he disagrees; 2. not to have PPD stand down when Antifoids attack law-abiding people with whom he disagrees. And the Antifoids will put Wheeler's words to the test.

Apropos of nothing in particular:  Portlandia does not call their Police a "Department."  The formal title is "Portland Police Bureau."  A rather odd name that indicates it's more of a bureaucracy than a department, with the attendant philosophical mindset. 

I don't trust Wheeler for one nanosecond.  He allowed and encouraged the attack on Mr. Ngo and I see no reason whatsoever that he would change his approach.  Normal people need to stay the Hell away from that rat trap this weekend (and any other weekend for that matter).  AFAIK, nobody was ever arrested for the assault on Andy Ngo, despite it being one of the most filmed assaults we've seen.  The Antifas were tipped off Ngo would be there and were looking for him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I think @corbe ought to do a poll.  Will he or won't he (the mayor)?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think @corbe ought to do a poll.  Will he or won't he (the mayor)?

Good idea!  @corbe?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

Antifa runs Portland.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Antifa runs Portland.

...with the blessing of its Mayor and the people who elected him.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

...with the blessing of its Mayor and the people who elected him.
Exactly.  We visited in 2015 to see Mr. M's old friends from when he lived there in the '80s. Nice place to visit,  except for the brain dead Gen X/Z types (antifa recruits, no doubt) stinking up various public places.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What's he going to do,stamp his little feets? These are the people that elected and support him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

August 14, 2019
Portland Mayor Claims Arrests Will Be Made In Antifa Assault Case

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler has announced he believes arrests will be made in the case of the conservative journalist Andy Ngo who was assualted by far-left antifa protestors in July. As Fox News reports:

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler said he believes arrests will be made in the case of conservative journalist Andy Ngo, who was assaulted by Antifa protesters during a July rally outside the Oregon Justice Center.

Wheeler appeared on “America’s Newsroom” Wednesday ahead of another planned Antifa rally this weekend. The Oregon Democrat pushed back on claims he played politics with the Ngo case and didn’t do enough to hold those responsible accountable.

https://youramerica.news/2019/08/14/portland-mayor-claims-arrests-will-be-made-in-antifa-assault-case/

rangerrebew

Maybe so but I'll bet the judge has been hand picked to insure their "innocence," the prosecutor the most incompetent one in Portland, bail set at $100 dollars, and an army of lawyers preparing to defend the  perps at taxpayer expense. :tongue2:

Offline Mod1

Threads merged

Offline GrouchoTex

.....but today, have at it!

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? Manana is good enough for me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
August 14, 2019
Portland Mayor Claims Arrests Will Be Made In Antifa Assault Case

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler has announced he believes arrests will be made in the case of the conservative journalist Andy Ngo who was assualted by far-left antifa protestors in July. As Fox News reports:

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler said he believes arrests will be made in the case of conservative journalist Andy Ngo, who was assaulted by Antifa protesters during a July rally outside the Oregon Justice Center.

Wheeler appeared on “America’s Newsroom” Wednesday ahead of another planned Antifa rally this weekend. The Oregon Democrat pushed back on claims he played politics with the Ngo case and didn’t do enough to hold those responsible accountable.

https://youramerica.news/2019/08/14/portland-mayor-claims-arrests-will-be-made-in-antifa-assault-case/

I don't believe him.  He's just trying to keep the heat off his brown-shirted Antifa shock troops.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

I don't believe him.  He's just trying to keep the heat off his brown-shirted Antifa shock troops.

I do not care for that man.  I hope he ends up like the last 3 Baltimore mayors....

Offline mountaineer

Portland Police and Liberal Officials Target Pro-Trump Activists — Several Arrested, Warrants For Others Before Saturday’s Rally
by Brock Simmons
 August 15, 2019
The Commissars of Portland and Multnomah County are sending  the police out to round up conservatives before a weekend rally.  Several pro-Trump activists were arrested over the last week, with warrants out for others, as the state officially files criminal charges stemming from the brawl that took place at antifa clubhouse Cider Riot. None of the antifa people involved in the melee face any charges, despite them throwing beer bottles at the Trump crew, pepper -spraying media, assaulting a student filmmaker and vandalizing his camera, and even wacking one guy with a baton as he was retreating.

So far Ian Kramer is in custody on multiple felony charges, Matthew “Deme” Cooper (of Airliner World and More on YouTube) originally faced misdemeanors of Harassment and Disorderly Conduct but now faces felony Riot, Mackenzie Lewis was arrested by the US Marshals on a charge of Riot, and now Patriot Prayer leader Joey Gibson is now being charged with Riot. Another person, Russell Schultz, was also picked up by US Marshals in Washington. Witnesses say Schultz was just standing around and didn’t do anything.

Others who were there but not taking part, such as independent media, are now concerned that they could be indicted as part of the brawl, despite their passive behavior.

The purge has begun.

Meanwhile, not a single person involved in the attack on writer Andy Ngo has been identified or charged with anything.  ...  More at Gateway Pundit

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Amazing....