Author Topic: Trump warned by NRA over background checks  (Read 348 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump warned by NRA over background checks
« on: August 08, 2019, 04:08:30 pm »
President Donald Trump has repeatedly told lawmakers and aides in private conversations that he is open to endorsing extensive background checks in the wake of two mass shootings, prompting a warning from the National Rifle Association and concerns among White House aides, according to lawmakers and administration officials.

[snip]

NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre spoke with Trump on Tuesday after the president expressed support for a background check bill and told him it would not be popular among Trump's supporters, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to freely discuss internal talks. LaPierre also argued against the bill's merits, the officials said.

https://m.greenwichtime.com/news/article/Trump-warned-by-NRA-over-background-checks-14288843.php
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump warned by NRA over background checks
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 04:34:12 pm »
Since "investigative journalism" is all but dead, I guess it is too much to expect an article about how many mass shooters would have been blocked from legally buying guns, by background checks?

I believe a majority of Americans desire the known mental defectives, be blocked from buying guns.

The Parkland and the Dayton killers are the ones I have in mind. (People, family, other students, knew they were dangerous)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln