Author Topic: Trump reportedly prepared to commute prison sentence of ex-IL Gov. Rod Blagojevich  (Read 347 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump reportedly prepared to commute prison sentence of ex-IL Gov. Rod Blagojevich
August 8, 2019 | BPR Wire

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he will likely commute the prison sentence of Rod Blagojevich, the former Illinois governor serving a 14-year term on a slew of public corruption charges.

“I am thinking very seriously about commuting his sentence so that he can go home to his family after seven years,” Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One during a flight back from El Paso, Texas.

“I thought he was treated unbelievably unfairly.”

Blagojevich, a Democrat, was arrested in December 2008, mostly on charges that he solicited bribes to fill a U.S. Senate seat vacated by Barack Obama. He was found guilty on 17 counts on June 27, 2011, and sentenced to 14 years in prison. He has been in jail since March 2012.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/08/08/trump-reportedly-prepared-to-commute-prison-sentence-of-ex-il-gov-rod-blagojevich-783257
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Politicians should be held to a higher standard regarding crime, and the book thrown at them when they commit one.  Trump is a fool to worry about this maggot.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Politicians should be held to a higher standard regarding crime, and the book thrown at them when they commit one.  Trump is a fool to worry about this maggot.

But Trump thinks his wife is pretty fantastic. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.