Author Topic: 'If I didn't have a firearm, I wouldn't be here to talk to you': Realtor describes attack at open ho  (Read 859 times)

Offline thackney

'If I didn't have a firearm, I wouldn't be here to talk to you': Realtor describes attack at open house
https://www.9news.com/article/news/local/if-i-didnt-have-a-firearm-i-wouldnt-be-here-to-talk-to-you-realtor-describes-attack-at-open-house/73-c1cee73b-a588-4754-a4f4-ab5689c2b0db
August 7, 2019

...he perpetrator is still on the loose after Hetzler, who said she has a concealed carry permit, fired gunshots in his direction, scaring him away. Police could not say if they believe the man was wounded.

PREVIOUS STORY: Realtor threatened at knifepoint during open house

“My life was in danger, and if I did not have my firearm, I would not be here to talk to you,” Hetzler said.

According to the Commerce City Police Department, the incident happened in broad daylight – at 11:30 a.m. Sunday – in a home near East 104th Avenue and Chambers Road.

Hetzler said the man arrived shortly after she started setting up for the open house. At the time, she said she thought nothing of it.

“He asked the right questions,” Hetzler said. “We talked about loans, what he had to qualify for.”

She said he picked up a brochure for the property and asked to see the upstairs. While they were in the master bedroom, Hetzler said he took a knife out as well as a small, six-inch piece of rope that apparently had bear spray tethered to it.

“The said, ‘This is a knife, this is bear spray.’ After he said, 'This is bear spray,’ he asked me to take out off my ring and get into the closet,” Hetzler said....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Polly Ticks

This is one reason why I got out of the real estate business.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mountaineer

Gee, I hope that realtor insured the gun first!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

Headline news across the country tonight:

WOMAN STOPS ATTACK WITH GUN!!!

I can dream can't I?

Seriously, a few years ago I watched one of those real crime programs, and this one was about a female realtor who was showing off an open house and was murdered by some guy ostensibly there to look for a house.
They did catch the guy, but obviously that didn't help the murdered realtor.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:47:58 pm by goatprairie »