Author Topic: Iraqi man dies after Trump administration deports him  (Read 320 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iraqi man dies after Trump administration deports him
« on: August 08, 2019, 10:06:54 am »
Story you should know about because it is going around but note the story I also found (via twitter) and by the way, I think the Politico headline is over-the-top or misleading. Also, I don't know if we are getting the whole story on this or if in fact, it is even true. I will assume it is.:

Iraqi man dies after Trump administration deports him

By TED HESSON and NAHAL TOOSI

A 41-year-old Detroit man deported to Iraq in June died Tuesday, according to the American Civil Liberties Union and two people close to the man’s family.

The man, Jimmy Aldaoud, spent most of his life in the U.S., but was swept up in President Donald Trump’s intensified immigration enforcement efforts.

Edward Bajoka, an immigration attorney who described himself as close to Aldaoud’s family, wrote on Facebook that the death appeared to be linked to the man’s inability to obtain insulin in Baghdad to treat his diabetes. Aldaoud was an Iraqi national, but he was born in Greece and came to the U.S. as a young child, his family friend said. He had never lived in Iraq and did not speak Arabic, according to Bajoka.

Read more at: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/07/iraqi-man-dies-deportation-trump-administration-1643512

But note this!

Homeless Man Arrested For Stealing Power Tools From Garage[/b]
April 10, 2012 at 9:25 am
Filed Under:arrest, burglary, Ferndale, homeless, theft

FERNDALE (WWJ) – Police in Ferndale say they arrested a homeless man who broke into a residential garage and stole power tools.

Police say 34-year-old Jimmy Aldaoud was arrested on around 3 a.m. Tuesday at a home on Wordsworth Street near West End Street.

More: https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/04/10/homeless-man-arrested-for-stealing-power-tools-from-garage/

The same guy so....does he have more of a criminal record?

The first story, Politico, mentions a family, why couldn't he be living with them?

If he is a Christian Chaldean, did he go to the Church in the USA or even in Iraq for help?

There are some serious questions about this story, let alone, if I commit thefts in Canada or Mexico for instance, I will probably be deported at the first opportunity.

It's an unfortunate story but there may be more to it.

What if there is not only more of a criminal record but violence is involved? Or addiction to drugs?? Then what?

Oh, and my last word, is that congress has had ample time to pass immigration reform. Remember? Trump even offered the gang of 8 bill basically if congress would build the wall which they would not! If a blame game goes around, why not some blame on congress?

Joyce Karam who is a pretty good person, twitter, journalist, tweeted this story where I saw it originally, more here: https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 10:10:11 am by TomSea »