Author Topic: Israeli army says body of soldier found with stab wounds in West Bank  (Read 379 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Israeli army says body of soldier found with stab wounds in West Bank
Associated Press

The body of an Israeli soldier was found with stab wounds near a West Bank settlement south of Jerusalem early on Thursday, the military said. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu denounced the killing as a terrorist attack and pledged to bring the perpetrator to justice.

According to an army statement, Israeli troops and police officers were searching the area near the Etzion settlement bloc where the body was found in the "early morning hours." Israeli troops entered the nearby Palestinian village of Beit Fajar as part of the search.

Army spokesman Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus said that the soldier was a student in a pre-military Jewish seminary program and was neither armed nor in uniform. He said the military was investigating the circumstances of his death.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/israeli-army-says-body-of-soldier-found-with-stab-wounds-in-west-bank   

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Israeli army says body of soldier found with stab wounds in West Bank
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 03:57:20 am »
It was here or maybe at tos or twitter, it was commented on....

Arsen Ostrovsky
@Ostrov_A
So heartbreaking
💔

This is #DvirSorek, 19 yr old Israeli student, who was stabbed to death last night by a Palestinian terrorist in Gush Etzion.

Another kind, beautiful Jewish soul, taken from us by these barbaric terrorists!

May Dvir's memory always be a blessing!

https://twitter.com/Ostrov_A/status/1159387931284561920

My understanding is that his grandfather died in a terrorist attack. I know there is something one says in Hebrew when a Jew dies, sorry, I forget it and won't search it out at this later hour. But in my thoughts and prayers.