Author Topic: Walmart corporate employees plan walkout over gun sales  (Read 1687 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Walmart corporate employees plan walkout over gun sales
« on: August 07, 2019, 11:24:14 pm »
Walmart corporate employees plan walkout over gun sales
by Tim Pearce
 | August 07, 2019 03:12 PM

Walmart employees are planning to walk out of the company's corporate offices to protest gun sales Wednesday.

White-collar employees at the company’s offices in California and Oregon are protesting in the wake of a mass shooting in El Paso, Texas, over the weekend that took the lives of 22 people, according to the Washington Post. No Walmart employees were killed, but two received treatment for injuries.

"There's an intense irony that Walmart continues to sell guns despite the constant shootings in its stores," said Kate Kesner, a California employee that is helping organize the walkout.

Walmart’s spokesman Randy Hargrove urged employees to go through official channels rather than stage a walkout.

"There are more effective channels such as email or leadership conversations," Hargrove said. "The vast majority of our associates who want to share their views are taking advantage of those options."

Walmart sells firearms, but has revised its policies on multiple occasions. The store stopped selling handguns in 1993, removed certain styles of rifles from its shelves in 2015, and raised the age to purchase a firearm from the store to 21 in 2018.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/walmart-corporate-employees-plan-walkout-over-gun-sales
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Walmart corporate employees plan walkout over gun sales
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 11:32:16 pm »
Fire them.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 11:44:29 pm »
I've never gone gun-shopping at Walmart, but all I've ever noticed on display were shotguns. I don't buy ammo there because there's never anyone to unlock the cabinet. :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 12:52:36 am »
Fire them.

Do white collars have unions? 888bravo
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 12:57:57 am »
I've never gone gun-shopping at Walmart, but all I've ever noticed on display were shotguns. I don't buy ammo there because there's never anyone to unlock the cabinet. :shrug:

I've bought ammo but I'm not sure I knew they sold guns.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 01:02:57 am »
Well, bye.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 02:15:18 am »
I've bought ammo but I'm not sure I knew they sold guns.

@Sanguine

They were still selling handguns and handgun ammo,and the gun counter was staffed full-time the last time I shopped there,and they will be selling rocket ships and retirement homes on Mars  before I go back again.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 02:22:00 am »
There should be a rash of promotion opportunities and job openings at Walmart  coming soon!

Look what happened to K Mart (former top US firearm retailer) when they went with the anti gun crowd, even to the point they just wouldn't drop Rosie O'Donnell as spokesperson...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 02:25:57 am »
@Sanguine

They were still selling handguns and handgun ammo,and the gun counter was staffed full-time the last time I shopped there,and they will be selling rocket ships and retirement homes on Mars  before I go back again.

Lol. 

They haven't done it yet, and maybe they won't.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 02:56:42 am »
I bought a box of 380 and 9mm just last week. Stupid Russian ammo .380 steel jacket was the cheapest... I bought a box just to see if it worked without jamming in my gun.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 04:50:39 am »
I bought a box of 380 and 9mm just last week. Stupid Russian ammo .380 steel jacket was the cheapest... I bought a box just to see if it worked without jamming in my gun.
Did it?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 01:01:05 pm »

"There's an intense irony that Walmart continues to sell guns despite the constant shootings in its stores," said Kate Kesner, a California employee that is helping organize the walkout.

These are not just ordinary Walmart folks.

Just look at her LinkedIn
Kate Kesner
Founder, Co-President
QITO (Queers in the Outdoors)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-kesner-943193a6
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 01:10:07 pm »
It's really pretty simple. Your employees walk out (especially non-union ones), they lose their jobs.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 03:09:08 pm »
Do white collars have unions? 888bravo

I tried to find out, but couldn't.  I did come across an article that referenced a layoff  by Walmart of white collar workers a few years ago.  That's one way they could deal with these malcontents.  Walmart could suddenly decide it doesn't need so many accountants, payroll staff or whatever.  If these workers are unionized, let them try to prove Walmart is letting them go in retaliation.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 03:11:04 pm »
I tried to find out, but couldn't.  I did come across an article that referenced a layoff  by Walmart of white collar workers a few years ago.  That's one way they could deal with these malcontents.  Walmart could suddenly decide it doesn't need so many accountants, payroll staff or whatever.  If these workers are unionized, let them try to prove Walmart is letting them go in retaliation.

Pretty sure they don't have a union.  "White-collar" workers are typically Management.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 03:15:49 pm »
Pretty sure they don't have a union.  "White-collar" workers are typically Management.

I do know of some businesses where the white collars are unionized too, so I wanted to find out if they were at Walmart.  I did read that the company has been very resistant to unions in general and has been known to shutter stores where employees demanded a union. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 04:11:15 pm »

@Sighlass

I NEVER shoot any of that crap in any of my auto-loaders. The steel cases scratch the chambers.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 04:12:59 pm »
These are not just ordinary Walmart folks.

Just look at her LinkedIn
Kate Kesner
Founder, Co-President
QITO (bleep in the Outdoors)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-kesner-943193a6

@IsailedawayfromFR

Even "ordinary" Walmartians  scare me a little.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 06:23:44 pm »
It's really pretty simple. Your employees walk out (especially non-union ones), they lose their jobs.
Walmart is already taking action

Walmart Retaliates Against Worker Who Urged Employee Walkout Over Gun Sales
A Walmart spokesperson confirmed to Gizmodo that Marshall’s access to company channels had been suspended, saying that “company channels are provided to help associates do their work, and this associate indicated that he was not planning to work today. When he returns to work, he will regain access to these channels, pending a review of the circumstances.”
https://gizmodo.com/walmart-retaliates-against-worker-who-urged-walk-out-ov-1837012050

And this guy is simply promoting his own book.

No More Dead Kids
The novel No More Dead Kids is a firebrand call to action regarding the United States’ adolescent mental health epidemic and the seemingly endless cycle of school shootings and violence, written for, by, and about the millennial generation. Topical yet timeless and entirely captivating, this debut novel follows Alexander, a Japanese-American teenager, as he navigates high school, begins a secret relationship with his teacher’s daughter, and attempts to prevent his troubled new friend Kenneth from becoming a school shooter.
https://thomaskenyonmarshall.com/buy-no-more-dead-kids
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:27:55 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Applewood

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2019, 07:06:15 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Good on Walmart.  Looks like the company is going to nip this in the bud.