Author Topic: Trump says he’s ‘all in favor’ of background checks for weapons  (Read 2698 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Sage advice.   But it won't be taken.   

I think conservatives have a death wish.  So be it.   I have no confidence whatsoever that the GOP will prevail next year;  indeed,  I believe we will lose both the Presidency and Congress.  And with it, the courts and the Second Amendment.    There's nothing to be done.   Folks won't listen, folks are incapable of thinking tactically.

You've been so tragically wrong on so many things here before...I feel safe in saying you can add this to the list of failed predictions you've made.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline NavyCanDo

"Background checks like we never had before" should worry all of us gun owners who have passed the current background checks. What next, a list of medicines you take, tagging occupations subject to PTSD?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
"Background checks like we never had before" should worry all of us gun owners who have passed the current background checks. What next, a list of medicines you take, tagging occupations subject to PTSD?

@NavyCanDo what's next will be whatever the anti-gun folks decide constitutes the need of a Red Flag ERPO. 

And that list will grow and grow and grow.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Well in the 2nd page, and no Trump fans chiming in.....

Imagine that.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

Exactly.
The Dayton killer was so clearly dangerous, but NOTHING was done about it.
He even got reinstated in school after he had rape/kill/skin them lists.
How exactly is red flagging or anything else going to stop a maniac like that guy?
More laws won’t stop any of this horror.
-----------------------------
A culture/society has a moral order it adheres to or it doesn't.
Laws, beloved by the bureaucratic mind, cannot replace attitude and behavior.

Offline LMAO

But you won't support red flag laws either, which are specifically focused on a very small subset of gun owners.   For every proposal,  the reaction of the gun extremists is "no".

There's no truer cliché than the perfect being the enemy of the good.   As things stand,  extremist intransigence has the potential to lead to a backlash that will propel a Democrat to the White House and a SCOTUS majority that will overturn Heller.

Kudos to President Trump for bucking the extremists and listening to the larger community - including the community of responsible gun owners.     

Calling those who simply have concerns and disagreements “extremist”
seems very intellectually flabby

I have read some of the concerns people have over the  red flag laws and I consider them legitimate

I will withhold judgment until something is proposed and I can read it for myself, of course.  But bureaucrats are not enlightened beings that come from far away planets with the desire only to serve their fellow man. They are people with drives, ambitions, and agendas just like everybody else.
 The potential for not only abuses  but to create a whole set of new problems is real
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

That's exactly what it means. As I commented on Twitter, for many with chronic pain, it's almost impossible to get to sleep at night, so doctors frequently prescribe a mild anti-depressant. OMG, you're taking anti-depressants, you must be mentally unbalanced, suicidal and possibly homicidal!! Turn over your guns!!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
catfish wrote:
"Well in the 2nd page, and no Trump fans chiming in....."

I'm a Trump fan, and I'll chime in.

What to do about shootings like those in El Paso and Dayton??

Nothing.
That's right... nothing.

When they happen, all there is to do is:
- Pray for the dead and give them respectful burial;
- Care for the wounded as best we can;
- Prosecute the shooter if still alive to the fullest extent possible (doesn't mean much, because they usually end up dead as well).
- And then... thank God and our founders for the freedoms we have, but...
- Realize that those freedoms "come with a grim cost and burden" as well -- that every now and then, we will have to "pay the price for them", in blood.
And then...
- Ring up the "cash register" and get on with life.

That's it, folks.
Short of giving up our Second Amendment rights (after which the rights and freedoms of the First Amendment may soon follow), there's not much more to be done.

We either accept "the price" for our freedoms,
or
We lose them.

I've made "my choice".
What's yours...?

Offline Axeslinger

@Fishrrman
Excellent comment

But ultimately that’s not the question...

The question is what will you do when they take away that right by fiat.

That is the question

What choice will you make then?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
axeslinger asks:
"The question is what will you do when they take away that right by fiat.
That is the question
What choice will you make then?"

Go to this page:
https://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/133469/The_Turner_Diaries.pdf
... and read the comment beneath the book graphic.

Offline Applewood

Well in the 2nd page, and no Trump fans chiming in.....

Imagine that.......

They are waiting for the latest official reason (excuse) for why Trump has once again betrayed them (or is about to). 

Online corbe

I still don't like her perfume
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dear all:  if you cannot come up with some creative way of reducing gun violence; if your only response continues to be denial, then you will end up with the Second Amendment being repealed and all privately owned guns being seized by the federal government, through house-by-house search most likely, because one sure way to drastically reduce gun violence is to make sure there are no privately owned guns any more. 

If that is the result you want, so be it.  But you cannot day you weren’t warned.

This is just like the gay marriage issue, where conservatives simply denied, denied, denied, and refused to give any recognition whatsoever to gay couples; end result?  Gay marriage as such is now enshrined in the Constitution.

Now flame away.  It really doesn’t bother me in the least.
Where in the Constitution is gay marriage enshrined? I didn't see it in my copy anywhere.

As for coming and getting them, I can only say that will be the end of the Republic.

Keep in mind the people pushing for the big Race War (they just have not been able to get) see this as the way to create universal bloodshed in the US. They see that (as all crises, real or trumped up) as opportunity.
There are 80,000,000 American gun owners. if even 1 in 100 (for people who have trouble with percentages, that's 1%), some 800,000 Americans, resist in a meaningful way, there will be a real slaughter, not a body count smaller than medical mistakes or car wrecks on any given day, or even whackos shooting up areas where people are told they can't carry the means of defending themselves..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

catfish wrote:
"Well in the 2nd page, and no Trump fans chiming in....."

I'm a Trump fan, and I'll chime in.

What to do about shootings like those in El Paso and Dayton??

Nothing.
That's right... nothing.

When they happen, all there is to do is:
- Pray for the dead and give them respectful burial;
- Care for the wounded as best we can;
- Prosecute the shooter if still alive to the fullest extent possible (doesn't mean much, because they usually end up dead as well).
- And then... thank God and our founders for the freedoms we have, but...
- Realize that those freedoms "come with a grim cost and burden" as well -- that every now and then, we will have to "pay the price for them", in blood.
And then...
- Ring up the "cash register" and get on with life.

That's it, folks.
Short of giving up our Second Amendment rights (after which the rights and freedoms of the First Amendment may soon follow), there's not much more to be done.

We either accept "the price" for our freedoms,
or
We lose them.

I've made "my choice".
What's yours...?

Consider the millions of Americans who have given up their lives in defense of the Constituion and our Rights, and weigh their sacrifice against the number of people killed in the current incidents.

Will we ignore the sacrifices of millions over an emotional reaction to the unfortunate deaths of a relative handful?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Dear all:  if you cannot come up with some creative way of reducing gun violence; if your only response continues to be denial, then you will end up with the Second Amendment being repealed and all privately owned guns being seized by the federal government, through house-by-house search most likely, because one sure way to drastically reduce gun violence is to make sure there are no privately owned guns any more. 

NOTHING will protect gun-free zones in liberal cities. NOTHING.
They don't have a gun problem. They have a strategic defense problem of the highest order, compounded by fantastical thinking.
And that is their own fault.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Where in the Constitution is gay marriage enshrined? I didn't see it in my copy anywhere.

As for coming and getting them, I can only say that will be the end of the Republic.

Keep in mind the people pushing for the big Race War (they just have not been able to get) see this as the way to create universal bloodshed in the US. They see that (as all crises, real or trumped up) as opportunity.
There are 80,000,000 American gun owners. if even 1 in 100 (for people who have trouble with percentages, that's 1%), some 800,000 Americans, resist in a meaningful way, there will be a real slaughter, not a body count smaller than medical mistakes or car wrecks on any given day, or even whackos shooting up areas where people are told they can't carry the means of defending themselves..

Unfortunately, Art IV, Sect 1

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
But you won't support red flag laws either, which are specifically focused on a very small subset of gun owners.   For every proposal,  the reaction of the gun extremists is "no".

@Jazzhead

Ok,Bubba.You know so much about all this stuff,how about tell us how many guns you have,and what you had to do to buy and possess them?

There's no truer cliché than the perfect being the enemy of the good.

Sure there is. It is "The scariest words you will ever hear someone say are "I am from the government and I am here to help you."

As things stand,  extremist intransigence has the potential to lead to a backlash that will propel a Democrat to the White House and a SCOTUS majority that will overturn Heller.

Which would cause you to have a spontaneous orgasm.

Kudos to President Trump for bucking the extremists and listening to the larger community - including the community of responsible gun owners.   

If he agrees with you on gun laws,he will lost MY vote.

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And who exactly determines who is crazy or not?  And how do we know their definition is correct or unbiased?   

@txradioguy

I have NO problem with a law barring Dims from owning or possessing firearms.

Offline Smokin Joe

Unfortunately, Art IV, Sect 1

Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State.
Then why is my North Dakota Concealed Weapons permit not recognized in New York?

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You're gonna find out that those 'extremists' are pretty well everybody in every red state, all the way across flyover country.

Bad move.
@roamer_1

No kidding. WHY the hell should any of us vote for him in 2020 if all we are going to get is more of the same,with the Party People telling us we "have to show our support for the president.

How about a president that will show his support for us?

Neither Lady Lindsey nor Ted Cruz can be trusted to do anything other than play politics,and they are best of the bunch.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

No kidding. WHY the hell should any of us vote for him in 2020 if all we are going to get is more of the same,with the Party People telling us we "have to show our support for the president.

How about a president that will show his support for us?

Neither Lady Lindsey nor Ted Cruz can be trusted to do anything other than play politics,and they are best of the bunch.

@sneakypete
I told you a long time ago:
Left foot, right foot, shuffling toward Gomorrah.
And I mean it.
I don't trust anyone in government, and never have.
That used to be a universal conservative attribute.

Offline Smokin Joe

@sneakypete
I told you a long time ago:
Left foot, right foot, shuffling toward Gomorrah.
And I mean it.
I don't trust anyone in government, and never have.
That used to be a universal conservative attribute.
Eternal Vigilance is the price of Liberty.

Complacency when "our guys" are in power has proven to be a mistake.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Eternal Vigilance is the price of Liberty.

Complacency when "our guys" are in power has proven to be a mistake.

That's right.

That there are people here, supposedly conservative people, advocating for red flag laws and real capitulation on R2KBA should tell you something too.

Online roamer_1

Then why is my North Dakota Concealed Weapons permit not recognized in New York?

Yeah... Funny how that works, ain't it?

Offline Smokin Joe

That's right.

That there are people here, supposedly conservative people, advocating for red flag laws and real capitulation on R2KBA should tell you something too.
Either they never were Conservative, or they have succumbed to the howling of the press advocating the destruction of our republic.

Perhaps they want a civil war, or seek disarmament and the subjugation of Americans.

Maybe they just want to keep the blood mist in the air to hide that the FBI helped Hillary destroy evidence of wrongdoing (something I had anticipated during the whole Russia circus), with the hopes of damaging the RKBA in an administration that has already shown itself weak by banning a type of gunstock.

I seriously offer prayers for and condolences to the victims and survivors of these incidents, but I'm not willing to let our rights be washed away with their blood, and if any of them had been in the US military, or otherwise sworn to protect and defend the Constitution of the US I doubt the victims would be either.

C S Lewis