Author Topic: Panic in Times Square after motorcycle backfire mistaken for gunshots  (Read 290 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Panic in Times Square after motorcycle backfire mistaken for gunshots

By Kenneth Garger

August 7, 2019 | 12:51am

Chaos erupted in Times Square on Tuesday night as people stormed out of the area when a backfiring motorcycle was mistaken for gunshots.

The false alarm took place around 10 p.m. as a loud boom sent tourists darting into restaurants and theaters, disrupting a performance of “To Kill a Mockingbird” at the Shubert Theatre on 44th Street near 7th Avenue.

“Stopped our show tonight due to a motorcycle backfire that was mistaken for a bomb or shooting,” tweeted cast member Gideon Glick.

“Screaming civilians tried to storm our theater for safety… This is the world we live in. This cannot be our world.”

The NYPD was quick to quell the fears, sending out a tweet explaining the false alarm.

more w/video
https://nypost.com/2019/08/07/panic-in-times-square-after-motorcycle-backfire-mistaken-for-gunshots/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

That film with this thread is not good - I saw it on TV this morning, and the film was plain to see as hundreds of people were running to get out of that area. 

School for kids here start next Tuesday.  Are parents going to send their kids to school?  If I had kids, I think I would put them in church schools that have security guards at entrances to the school and no one gets in without a security check in bags, etc.