Author Topic: Gun Owners of America warn Trump: We don’t support your gun-control legislation  (Read 655 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gun Owners of America warn Trump: We don’t support your gun-control legislation
August 6, 2019 | Samantha Chang

A gun rights group warned President Donald Trump that he could alienate some of his base by passing overly restrictive gun-control laws in the wake of the El Paso and Ohio mass shootings.

The Gun Owners of America (GOA) has more than 2 million members nationwide. The Second-Amendment advocacy group urged Trump to reject calls for more gun control following the twin weekend shootings.

“We think it’s important for Congress and the President to know that gun owners do not support the gun control measures Trump is advocating,” GOA vice president Erich Pratt told the Daily Caller.

Pratt worries that Trump is becoming like past presidents, who started pushing for more gun control following shootings. Keep in mind that multiple shootings occur every weekend in the Democratic-led city of Chicago — which has among the toughest gun-control laws in the United States.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/08/06/gun-owners-of-america-warn-trump-we-dont-support-your-gun-control-legislation-782172
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Oh look! The GOA standing up and barking.

And the NRA quiet on the Republican porch.

And folks wonder why I support the GOA and ignore the NRA

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If he doesn’t care what the NRA thinks, he won’t care what the GOA does, either.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online libertybele

I support both groups ... if the NRA caves on this, well, they deserve to go belly up.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

If he doesn’t care what the NRA thinks, he won’t care what the GOA does, either.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I watched the first few minutes of the video!   9999hair out0000   888mouth  Trump is advocating take the guns first and then due process! 

HE JUST LOST MY VOTE!  I'm done.

I need to go for a very long walk.   
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 05:06:38 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

I support both groups ... if the NRA caves on this, well, they deserve to go belly up.

They (NRA) have been caving since the 90s.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I watched the first few minutes of the video!   9999hair out0000   888mouth  Trump is advocating take the guns first and then due process! 

\Relax, take a walk. clear your head.  One thing I have learned about Trump since the election....he talks a lot of shit.  Much of which never is acted on.  I think it his way of trial ballooning.   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@libertybele

That video was after the shooting at Stoneman Douglas high school. During yesterday’s statement, he mentioned red flag laws, with an expedited due process. That’s a bit different, but do you trust the government to do anything quickly and properly? Mostly, I posted it for the portion concerning the NRA and what he believes is their lack of influence over him.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline rustynail

They (NRA) have been caving since 1934/1968.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Guns are not to blame race politics are.   
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:45:39 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
\Relax, take a walk. clear your head.  One thing I have learned about Trump since the election....he talks a lot of shit.  Much of which never is acted on.  I think it his way of trial ballooning.
Yeah. I hoped he was talking shit in Iowa during the primaries about ethanol blending, yet here we are with E15.

Seems he's really nailing the promises I don't want him to keep.

The rest are a mixed bag.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I was seriously disappointed that no one there took issue with the way the bump stock ban was worded, especially the part about the gun stock making an unaffected semiautomatic action into a machine gun.

That isn't how those things function at all, and the fudds at the NRA should know it.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

I was seriously disappointed that no one there took issue with the way the bump stock ban was worded, especially the part about the gun stock making an unaffected semiautomatic action into a machine gun.

That isn't how those things function at all, and the fudds at the NRA should know it.

They're in the bag, and have been for a long, long time.

Offline Smokin Joe

They're in the bag, and have been for a long, long time.
Yeah. I'm still a member, but I haven't paid the Golden Eagles dues this year, and so far have no incentive to do so.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Yeah. I'm still a member, but I haven't paid the Golden Eagles dues this year, and so far have no incentive to do so.

I can't remember what was the last straw for me... something wrt the McCain campaign I'd bet... But it was that long ago. And Right to Life is no better. Both accede to the GOP leadership... Which is not what a watchdog is supposed to do. Still involved in both efforts, just not through those main outlets. And never again, btw.

Offline Smokin Joe

I can't remember what was the last straw for me... something wrt the McCain campaign I'd bet... But it was that long ago. And Right to Life is no better. Both accede to the GOP leadership... Which is not what a watchdog is supposed to do. Still involved in both efforts, just not through those main outlets. And never again, btw.
If NRA backs the red flag crap, I will let my membership lapse (no new dues).

No sense in funding what will have become the enemy.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

If NRA backs the red flag crap, I will let my membership lapse (no new dues).

No sense in funding what will have become the enemy.

That's right, and even so if they just keep quiet... which is their std modus operandi.

I support GOA.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@roamer_1 I remember exactly why I gave them back a life membership in 1994 and went to GOA but I think I've told that story before here so I won't repeat it now.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 01:32:59 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien