Author Topic: 'Wrong way to do it': Congressman takes heat for tweeting Trump donor names  (Read 267 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'Wrong way to do it': Congressman takes heat for tweeting Trump donor names
Washington Examiner, Aug 6, 2019

[...]

Castro shared an image through the Twitter account of his reelection campaign with information about the donors and their employers. "Sad to see so many San Antonians as 2019 maximum donors to Donald Trump — the owner of ⁦@BillMillerBarBQ⁩, owner of the ⁦@HistoricPearl, realtor Phyllis Browning⁦, etc." The tweet said. "Their contributions are fueling a campaign of hate that labels Hispanic immigrants as 'invaders.'"

"Targeting and harassing Americans because of their political beliefs is shameful and dangerous. What happened to 'when they go low, we go high?' Or does that no longer matter when your brother is polling at 1%? Americans deserve better," House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy tweeted.

"People should not be personally targeted for their political views. Period," said Louisiana Rep. Steve Scalise, who was shot by a liberal activist Bernie Sanders supporter during a 2017 congressional baseball event. "This isn’t a game. It’s dangerous, and lives are at stake. I know this firsthand."

It was not just Republicans, however, that spoke out against Castro's decision to share information about his own constituents. "The campaign of a member of congress targeting individual donors, and their businesses, to another campaign (and not famous billionaires) is a terrible and dangerous precedent to set," journalist Yashar Ali said in a tweet. "Also, this isn't even Joaquin Castro's opponent. Not that it would be ok if it were. Awful."

"Don't want to RT this because I don't want to put these people's names in my feed but this is dangerous, by any campaign," said New York Times White House correspondent and frequent Trump critic Maggie Haberman Tuesday evening.

Read more:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/wrong-way-to-do-it-congressman-takes-heat-for-tweeting-trump-donor-names

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Sadly, this will only stop when a few of them get shot by right wing nuts... and they are pushing the bar that way... violence is the tool the left has migrated towards with a warm open arms... and America is not benefiting from it. Civility has been thrown out the window and it is becoming clear that some of the left are hedging their bets in anarchy winning. It is a path I had hoped America would not be headed for.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:15:33 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....