Author Topic: Texas Democrat says she declined to join Trump on El Paso visit over lack of 'dialogue'  (Read 405 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Texas Democrat says she declined to join Trump on El Paso visit over lack of 'dialogue'
By Rachel Frazin - 08/06/19 06:24 PM EDT

Texas Rep. Veronica Escobar (D) says she has declined an invitation from President Trump to join him on his visit to El Paso on Wednesday, saying he has so far refused to engage in a "dialogue" with her.

Escobar, whose El Paso-area district was rocked by Saturday's mass shooting that left at least 22 people dead and more than two dozen others injured, explained her decision in a series of tweets on Tuesday.

"I refuse to join without a dialogue about the pain his racist and hateful words & actions have caused our community and country," she wrote, adding that she specifically requested a phone call with the president and was told he was "too busy."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/456456-escobar-says-she-declined-to-join-trump-on-el-paso-visit-over-lack-of-dialogue
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
typical a rat scurrying from the truth.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
"We never talk so I'm not talking to him"?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
"We never talk so I'm not talking to him"?
Sounds like Trump isn'rt willing to listen to her harrangue him about thimgs he didn't actually say so she's going to sulk.