Author Topic: Democrats’ frustration with the news media boils over  (Read 616 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Democrats’ frustration with the news media boils over
« on: August 06, 2019, 08:27:36 pm »
Check out this load of hooey!   Unbelievable these jerks can even write this tripe and keep a straight face..  Hell every MSN outlet practically calls Trump a racist every freaking day.

By MICHAEL CALDERONE and ALEX THOMPSON 08/06/2019 02:08 PM EDT
A liberal backlash against the news media’s coverage of Donald Trump and the 2020 race was already brewing when the New York Times published a five-word headline Monday night summarizing the president’s reaction to the mass shootings over the weekend: “Trump Urges Unity Vs. Racism.”

“Unbelievable,” steamed Beto O’Rourke. “That’s not what happened,” wrote Kirsten Gillibrand. “Lives literally depend on you doing better,” Cory Booker tweeted.

New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet said senior editors quickly recognized problems with the original headline Monday night and rewrote it. “The fact that Beto O’Rourke and Cory Booker didn’t like it didn’t influence me,” Baquet said in an interview Tuesday. “I don’t need the entire political field to tell me we wrote a bad headline. It was evident.”

Still, the furious response capped an outpouring of frustration lately from 2020 candidates, Democratic strategists and left-leaning columnists over everything from CNN’s handling of last week’s primary debate to coverage of race and white supremacists to the years-old gripe that news organizations are too willing to amplify Trump’s words.

O’Rourke channeled that discontent best Sunday with an exasperated reaction to a reporter’s question about what Trump could do in response to the deaths of 22 people in El Paso at the hands of a suspected white nationalist.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/06/democrats-news-media-1449406
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 08:30:17 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Re: Democrats’ frustration with the news media boils over
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 08:32:52 pm »
Totalitarian thugs, all of em. They are lost.

God help us if any of them should ever gain control.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 08:36:01 pm »
Totalitarian thugs, all of em. They are lost.

God help us if any of them should ever gain control.

I am truly surprised all of them are still alive and walking around.

Proof positive that Conservatives are peace-loving and law-abiding Americans.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 08:37:35 pm »
I am truly surprised all of them are still alive and walking around.

Proof positive that Conservatives are peace-loving and law-abiding Americans.

If we were a problem they would wouldn't like the results.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 01:53:40 am »
Politico, Aug 6, 2019

A liberal backlash against the news media’s coverage of Donald Trump and the 2020 race was already brewing when the New York Times published a five-word headline Monday night summarizing the president’s reaction to the mass shootings over the weekend: “Trump Urges Unity Vs. Racism.”

“Unbelievable,” steamed Beto O’Rourke. “That’s not what happened,” wrote Kirsten Gillibrand. “Lives literally depend on you doing better,” Cory Booker tweeted.

New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet said senior editors quickly recognized problems with the original headline Monday night and rewrote it. “The fact that Beto O’Rourke and Cory Booker didn’t like it didn’t influence me,” Baquet said in an interview Tuesday. “I don’t need the entire political field to tell me we wrote a bad headline. It was evident.”

Still, the furious response capped an outpouring of frustration lately from 2020 candidates, Democratic strategists and left-leaning columnists over everything from CNN’s handling of last week’s primary debate to coverage of race and white supremacists to the years-old gripe that news organizations are too willing to amplify Trump’s words.

O’Rourke channeled that discontent best Sunday with an exasperated reaction to a reporter’s question about what Trump could do in response to the deaths of 22 people in El Paso at the hands of a suspected white nationalist.

[...]

“A vast swath of Democratic voters are pretty angry at the media,” said Dan Pfeiffer, a former senior Obama adviser who is now a “Pod Save America” co-host. “They see a racist liar in the White House and a media too afraid to call him a racist or a liar. They see a media obsessed with Trump voters who like his rhetoric and little interest in those targeted by his rhetoric. I think Beto's comments spoke to a feeling that media as currently constructed is not up to the moment we are living in."

More:  https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/06/democrats-news-media-1449406

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 01:54:14 am »
 ***suicide***

Online Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 07:28:26 pm »
Someone said today that  Cory Booker is the Dollar Store version Of Barack Obama!

I'd say more like K-Mart.....  Bankrupt!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 07:46:30 pm »
Someone said today that  Cory Booker is the Dollar Store version Of Barack Obama!

I'd say more like K-Mart.....  Bankrupt!

And don't ever forget... "K-Mart Sucks!"   (Rainman)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 07:55:08 pm »
And don't ever forget... "K-Mart Sucks!"   (Rainman)
:yowsa: