Author Topic: Bill Clinton calls for reinstatement of assault weapons ban: 'How many more people have to die?'  (Read 619 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Clinton calls for reinstatement of assault weapons ban: 'How many more people have to die?'
By Marina Pitofsky - 08/05/19 04:35 PM EDT

Former President Clinton called Monday for lawmakers to reinstate a ban on assault weapons in the wake of the mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, over the weekend that killed more than 30 people.

“How many more people have to die before we reinstate the assault weapons ban & the limit on high-capacity magazines & pass universal background checks?” the former president tweeted.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/456257-bill-clinton-calls-for-reinstatement-of-assault-weapons-ban-how
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online rustynail

It is kind of like all the responses were practiced and ready to go.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Hey Billy Jeff did you think no one would check your blustering BS?

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How do you explain these O'Bama

Support the USO

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
@txradioguy

You have to love the fact that graphic comes from Mother Jones.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

You have to love the fact that graphic comes from Mother Jones.

The irony of that didn't escape me  :laugh:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

We can post all the graphics and logic against gun control, but at the end of the day, we need to convince our President and the GOP,  GOP(e) and even the DEMS that they need to get a grip and honor the 2A as it is.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bill Clinton calls for reinstatement of assault weapons ban: 'How many more people have to die?'

Because it worked so well before?

Offline skeeter

Not helpful, 'toon. All this kind of rhetoric does is get both sides all wee wee'd up.

Although I do not believe those indulging in it believe there is another side to this debate, there most assuredly is.

Online mountaineer

Still don't know what an "assault weapon" is ... 

Do killers not use hammers, fists, baseball bats, revolvers, knives, etc., to commit murder anymore?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Do killers not use hammers, fists, baseball bats, revolvers, knives, etc., to commit murder anymore?

@mountaineer it's whatever the left decides it is.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
 :hijack:

On the low end 2,000 abortions per day. 4,000 on the high side.

Hey! Bill!

How many of those notches in your "assault" weapon?

Your rock misses you, Bill. Crawl back under it and STFU.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Technically, it’s a military select fire weapon, which hasn’t been used in a civilian mass shooting. It’s a term the MSM misuses, like ‘clip,’ when they mean magazine.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Axeslinger

You can carve this in stone:

Whether it’s this instance or the next...or the next, at some point the left is going to get their AW ban or their total confiscation or their prohibitive ammunition tax or their registration.

It WILL happen

On that day, either conservatives will be shown to be the paper tigers the left believes us to be...and I fear we are...

Or...we will realize that there are some things worth fighting...and dying, for.
Please don’t ask me to be a betting man.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline skeeter

You can carve this in stone:

Whether it’s this instance or the next...or the next, at some point the left is going to get their AW ban or their total confiscation or their prohibitive ammunition tax or their registration.

It WILL happen

On that day, either conservatives will be shown to be the paper tigers the left believes us to be...and I fear we are...

Or...we will realize that there are some things worth fighting...and dying, for.
Please don’t ask me to be a betting man.

I have to agree. They won’t wait for public opinion to align with them either - they’ll just whip themselves into a self righteous lather and do it

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Hey Billy Jeff did you think no one would check your blustering BS?

Don't know.  I look at that graph, and I see that during the period the AWB was in place, there were less mass shootings/fatalities than when it wasn't.  Yes, there was a spike in 1998 and 1999 (Columbine), but for the most part the AWB period had lower levels than before and certainly after.

Don't get me wrong, I don't trust that data any father than 0 could throw a pitch.  For one thing, Mother Jones.  And what is a "mass shooting"?  And is that supposed to be for the USA, or Chicago?  I'm just saying that the graph does make the AWB period look "good".   Math is math.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill and Hillary Clinton Dismiss Trump’s Calls for Mental Health Reform, Demand ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/05/bill-and-hillary-clinton-dismiss-trumps-calls-for-mental-health-reform-demand-assault-weapons-ban/
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

Bill and Hillary Clinton Dismiss Trump’s Calls for Mental Health Reform, Demand ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/05/bill-and-hillary-clinton-dismiss-trumps-calls-for-mental-health-reform-demand-assault-weapons-ban/

Wikipedia seems to now make a distinction between 'assault weapon' and 'assault rifle' I was previously unaware of - assault rifle being a select fire weapon and assault weapon being a rifle configured able to be made select fire.

So now they have a response to those who claim the left is misusing the term when applied to AR15s, etc.