Author Topic: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control  (Read 10269 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control
« Reply #325 on: August 09, 2019, 03:35:01 pm »
@skeeter

Because we don't believe they way he does. 

Standing up for the 2A = extremism

Being a gun grabbing...gun banning Liberal or RINO = rational sensible through on the subject.

The left does enjoy its name calling.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #326 on: August 09, 2019, 03:38:31 pm »
The left does enjoy its name calling.

By their name calling, we will know them. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #327 on: August 09, 2019, 03:49:26 pm »
Donald J. Trump‏
Verified account   @realDonaldTrump

Serious discussions are taking place between House and Senate leadership  on meaningful Background Checks. I have also been speaking to the NRA, and others, so that their very strong views can be fully represented and respected. Guns should not be placed in the hands of.....

....mentally ill or deranged people. I am the biggest Second Amendment person there is, but we all must work together for the good and safety of our Country. Common sense things can be done that are good for everyone!

5:03 AM - 9 Aug 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1159797315680555014

I’m curious as to what his current ‘strong views’ are on the subject, since they’ve been subject to change, on the issue.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #328 on: August 09, 2019, 04:07:44 pm »
By their name calling, we will know them.
Yeah, the project a lot. If they claim you're doing something, it's usually what they are up to.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #329 on: August 09, 2019, 11:06:27 pm »
Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.   The answer will be clear enough in November of next year.   

@Jazzhead
No doubt you're right about your neck of the woods among the citified... But you are stone dead wrong in the Rocky Mountain States... Guns are woven so deep into living, that being without them is unthinkable.

And I'd bet money you're wrong about the South, and the Desert SW, and the Midwest - The only reason I am betting instead of declaring is because I ain't come down off the mountain in a decade or more. But I hear well enough from kith and kin. I doubt it has changed any...

Most anywhere I've gone, you don't have to talk too hard to get invited to skeet shooting off the back porch, or a trip to a gun range. Sitting on anybody's porch, guns come up in conversation, next thing you know, you're walking through his collection.

You think I am an 'extremist' - I am not. Most folks, everywhere I have gone outside the cities are about the same.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #330 on: August 09, 2019, 11:08:46 pm »
If Trump sides with people that think like you do on this issue...he's toast 15 months from now.

And rightly so.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #331 on: August 09, 2019, 11:12:29 pm »
There are extremists on both sides.  For purposes of this discussion,  what I mean by "gun extremists" are those 2A advocates who reject any reasonable regulation of firearms as an unlawful "infringement".     

There is already plenty of regulation of firearms.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #332 on: August 09, 2019, 11:18:22 pm »
There is already plenty of regulation of firearms.
It isn't that we reject any regulation of firearms, but much of what is on the books is a clear infringement of the Right. However, we have reached the point where there is no more ground to be given. Where the knife has shave, skinned and is down to the arteries. No more regulation is what we are opposed to.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #333 on: August 09, 2019, 11:42:48 pm »
It isn't that we reject any regulation of firearms, but much of what is on the books is a clear infringement of the Right. However, we have reached the point where there is no more ground to be given. Where the knife has shave, skinned and is down to the arteries. No more regulation is what we are opposed to.

And it won't stop there either, unless we stop it.
Britain has drop boxes where you can turn in your knives no questions asked.
Britain.
 **nononono*

Folks think they ain't gonna go that far here.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #334 on: August 09, 2019, 11:48:08 pm »
Donald J. Trump‏
Verified account   @realDonaldTrump

Serious discussions are taking place between House and Senate leadership  on meaningful Background Checks. I have also been speaking to the NRA, and others, so that their very strong views can be fully represented and respected. Guns should not be placed in the hands of.....

....mentally ill or deranged people. I am the biggest Second Amendment person there is, but we all must work together for the good and safety of our Country. Common sense things can be done that are good for everyone!

5:03 AM - 9 Aug 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1159797315680555014

No, you are not.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #335 on: August 09, 2019, 11:49:31 pm »

Part of what really ticks me off...

The prior infringements are being used to justify more!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #336 on: August 09, 2019, 11:50:15 pm »
No, you are not.

:patriot: :patriot:  Agreed.  Definitely DJT is NOT. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #338 on: August 09, 2019, 11:52:12 pm »

Well, give 'em an inch....

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #339 on: August 09, 2019, 11:53:09 pm »

That should have been expected and that is why the 2A clearly states and "shall NOT be infringed"!!  Once the dismantling is started and allowed ... what truly is to stop it?

Red flag laws will continue and continue and continue until there is nothing left of the 2nd Amendment. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #340 on: August 09, 2019, 11:54:28 pm »
It’s time for some common sense knife reform.

https://www.libertynation.com/stabbings-on-the-rise-national-knife-ban-gains-momentum/
That followed in Britain, after guns were pretty much closeted. Note, though, that the folks over there who seem to be doing mass stabbings tend to follow the same prophet as the ones running vans into crowds or blowing things up. All of those activities are forbidden, and the desire to harm others will not be thwarted by having to find a different tool.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #341 on: August 09, 2019, 11:57:30 pm »
That should have been expected and that is why the 2A clearly states and "shall NOT be infringed"!!  Once the dismantling is started and allowed ... what truly is to stop it?

Red flag laws will continue and continue and continue until there is nothing left of the 2nd Amendment.
Actually, it is time for a lesson from our Northern neighbors.
Nonviolent noncompliance is the key.
From https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2013/01/22/canada-tried-registering-long-guns-and-gave-up/#750f391c5a1b
The bigger lesson of Canada's experiment, Mauser says, is that gun registration rarely delivers the results proponents expect. In most countries the actual number registered settles out at about a sixth. Germany required registration during the Baader-Meinhof reign of terror in the 1970s, and recorded 3.2 million of the estimated 17 million guns in that country; England tried to register pump-action and semiautomatic shotguns in the 1980s, but only got about 50,000 of the estimated 300,000 such guns stored in homes around the country
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 12:02:07 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #342 on: August 10, 2019, 12:00:55 am »

If Trump sides with people that think like you do on this issue...he's toast 15 months from now.

Let's think that through.

Americans who are 'Deplorables'...soon to be sport prey in a movie coming to your theaters next month...are going to get pissed off at President Trump for 'expanding' Red Flag Laws, and allow the Party that wants to take your guns outright to win in 2020??

:pondering: :pondering: :pondering: :pondering: :pondering:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #343 on: August 10, 2019, 12:06:53 am »

Americans who are 'Deplorables'...soon to be sport prey in a movie coming to your theaters next month...are going to get pissed off at President Trump for 'expanding' Red Flag Laws, and allow the Party that wants to take your guns outright to win in 2020??

I literally see no difference in the two - And neither will most folks when it comes to 2A.
Tumpy is fixin to put his tongue on the third rail.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #344 on: August 10, 2019, 12:09:15 am »
I literally see no difference in the two - And neither will most folks when it comes to 2A.
Tumpy is fixin to put his tongue on the third rail.

888high58888

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #345 on: August 11, 2019, 09:14:42 pm »

Keep pondering. And think harder.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #346 on: August 11, 2019, 09:25:07 pm »
Trumpy has a

888high58888

You're absolutely correct, a candidate can't be perfect in anything. Some of those against him have no standard, abandoned the unborn. They've shown themselves.  Don't let them say they are conservative. They abandoned the most innocent and over the most foremost right, the right to life.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 09:25:57 pm by TomSea »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #347 on: August 12, 2019, 02:03:37 pm »
Trumpy has a
 888high58888

You're absolutely correct, a candidate can't be perfect in anything. Some of those against him have no standard, abandoned the unborn. They've shown themselves.  Don't let them say they are conservative. They abandoned the most innocent and over the most foremost right, the right to life.

Trump's all for Red Flag laws despite the fact they're unconstitutional.  He think's he can make the NRA "come around" to his way of thinking.

He's no better than the left on this issue because no Red Flag law is effective without a national gun registry...which is what the left wants so they can confiscate guns.

And you see nothing wrong with that.  You just applaud anything he does like a clapping seal...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #348 on: August 12, 2019, 03:10:12 pm »
Trump's all for Red Flag laws 

@txradioguy

A absolute bald-faced lie.

It was the DIMS that started that crap,and the media all piled on and started calling Trump a baby-killer,etc,etc,etc because he was against gun control.

Trump finally had to appear to be in favor of the least offensive part (least offensive only because it was ALREADY the law) in order to counter the Fascist left,and even the Fascist right campaigns against him and his supporters.

He is a President,NOT a dictator. As is traditional,he lost control of Congress during the mid-terms,and this has made his life and his term even harder. What he is trying to do is not poison the waters for the Republican congressional candidates whose support and votes he needs for things like immigration control,voter ID's,etc,etc,etc.

ALL of these things are as important as stopping more gun laws. We are now fighting for the very existence of our nation,not just gun rights.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #349 on: August 12, 2019, 03:12:48 pm »
"I'm no longer an NRA member," Cupp announced on CNN's "SE Cupp Unfiltered." "Being right no longer feels righteous, because in the wake of more mass shootings – agents of senseless violence that send innocent people running for their lives, leaving children orphaned and loved ones dead on the ground – we must do something about guns."

https://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/928177?section=politics&keywords=nra-gunviolence-secondamendment-conservative&year=2019&month=08&date=11&id=928177&oref=r.search.yahoo.com
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.