Author Topic: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control  (Read 10271 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control
« Reply #275 on: August 09, 2019, 01:11:13 am »
I'm opposed to ANY new laws until we start enforcing the ones we already have!

@Bigun

Not me. I am opposed to most of the laws we have now. I remember being able to buy a military rifle from a add in a magazine for $12.95,including shipping,and the mail man would deliver it to your door.

At one time you could buy a 03 Springfield army rifle,a Thompson submachine gun,or even a BAR from the Sears and Roebuck catalogue,and the mail man would deliver THAT to your door.

Oddly enough,gunfire in the streets was VERY uncommon.

Gee,I wonder if the 'murikan left campaigning to empty insane asylums and free murderers from prison MIGHT have had anything to do with the increased numbers of random murders?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #276 on: August 09, 2019, 01:14:09 am »
IF... after application for firearm, the person is deemed "OK", all papers, forms and documents...data should be destroyed.

@ECPatriot

You seriously expect a bureaucracy to destroy paperwork?????

ROFLMAO!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #277 on: August 09, 2019, 01:27:00 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Has someone hacked your account? I know you know better than that. Every heard of a guy named Thomas Jefferson? Look up what he had to say about this issue.

LOL.  Yes, @sneakypete I have heard of a guy named Thomas Jefferson, and you can count me as one of his fans.

I know what he said about a lot of things (love the letters), including the First Amendment.  But did we invoke his -- or any Founder's name --- when freedom of speech was restricted by libel and slander laws; or the right to assemble was restricted by permits; or the freedom to exercise religion was restricted on government and public school land?  (The answer is "no".)

So why are we invoking Jefferson when we try and restrict those who exhibit symptoms of violent mental illness from getting their hands on a gun?  Can you really believe had this carnage happened on Jefferson's watch he would not have revisited the 2nd Amendment with an eye for a couple of parameters to protect innocent life?

I happen to be among those who believe we've the ability to construct a red flag law that comports with the US Constitution.  I also believe the mentally ill are responsible for the rampant rampages and the slaughter of innocents --- and the first natural right is the right to life.

So let's focus on the loss of innocent life (outside the womb this time) and set up some checks and balances that protect the rights afforded under the Constitution while protecting God's greatest gift.

Is this really so difficult or too much to ask?

« Reply #278 on: August 09, 2019, 01:28:32 am »
Nobody in government should know what kind of...or how many firearms you own or where you keep them.

When did I suggest they should @DCPatriot 

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #279 on: August 09, 2019, 01:30:11 am »
When did I suggest they should @DCPatriot

You didn't.

I was merely adding my two cents to the ongoing conversation.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #280 on: August 09, 2019, 01:30:42 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Because before the First Amendment became the law of the land,there was nothing to protect

[That's enough. Stop the insults]

Sorry @sneakypete but this just doesn't make sense, so I'm unable to respond   :shrug:

« Reply #281 on: August 09, 2019, 01:31:53 am »
You didn't.

I was merely adding my two cents to the ongoing conversation.   :laugh:

I'm having a rough enough time here ....   88devil

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #282 on: August 09, 2019, 01:35:32 am »
I'm having a rough enough time here ....   88devil

LOL!  I'm eating vanilla ice-cream with orange sherbet...enjoying reading.  You're like Lara Croft, Tomb Raider.    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #283 on: August 09, 2019, 01:36:48 am »

I know what he said about a lot of things (love the letters), including the First Amendment.  But did we invoke his -- or any Founder's name --- when freedom of speech was restricted by libel and slander laws; or the right to assemble was restricted by permits; or the freedom to exercise religion was restricted on government and public school land?  (The answer is "no".)

@Right_in_Virginia

HorseHillary! There is no way in hell that nobody complained. The problem was it wasn't the right people,or enough of the "wrong" people to scare the politicians.

So why are we invoking Jefferson when we try and restrict those who exhibit symptoms of violent mental illness from getting their hands on a gun?

Why is this even a question? If you are mentally ill and violent,you should be locked away in an insane asylum. That way there is no danger of them getting their hands on a gun,or even anything sharp or pointy.

Can you really believe had this carnage happened on Jefferson's watch he would not have revisited the 2nd Amendment with an eye for a couple of parameters to protect innocent life?

Uhhhh,hear of a little dust-up called "The Revolutionary War"? It was in ALL the papers back then.

I happen to be among those who believe we've the ability to construct a red flag law that comports with the US Constitution.

You can believe up is down if you want,but that won't make it so.

I also believe the mentally ill are responsible for the rampant rampages and the slaughter of innocents --- and the first natural right is the right to life.

I agree. Put them away,and the problem is solved. So why are you still ranting about restricting the rights of sane people to possess firearms without goobermint permission?

So let's focus on the loss of innocent life (outside the womb this time) and set up some checks and balances that protect the rights afforded under the Constitution while protecting God's greatest gift.

Works for me! More people need to be armed with concealed weapons while walking the streets. It will make everyone safer when the criminal classes are not the only ones armed.

Is this really so difficult or too much to ask?

Yes,it IS too much to ask. If the mentally ill and the violent criminals are locked up,why would honest citizens need background checks and permits?

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #284 on: August 09, 2019, 01:39:45 am »
Sorry @sneakypete but this just doesn't make sense, so I'm unable to respond   :shrug:

@Right_in_Virginia

Soooo,in that case I guess it would make sense to you to borrow thousands of dollars to have a big high-tec safe installed in your house to store money and other valuables you don't have?

« Reply #285 on: August 09, 2019, 01:52:07 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Soooo,in that case I guess it would make sense to you to borrow thousands of dollars to have a big high-tec safe installed in your house to store money and other valuables you don't have?

Huh?

« Reply #286 on: August 09, 2019, 01:57:04 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

HorseHillary! There is no way in hell that nobody complained. The problem was it wasn't the right people,or enough of the "wrong" people to scare the politicians.

Why is this even a question? If you are mentally ill and violent,you should be locked away in an insane asylum. That way there is no danger of them getting their hands on a gun,or even anything sharp or pointy.

Uhhhh,hear of a little dust-up called "The Revolutionary War"? It was in ALL the papers back then.

You can believe up is down if you want,but that won't make it so.

I agree. Put them away,and the problem is solved. So why are you still ranting about restricting the rights of sane people to possess firearms without goobermint permission?

Works for me! More people need to be armed with concealed weapons while walking the streets. It will make everyone safer when the criminal classes are not the only ones armed.

Yes,it IS too much to ask. If the mentally ill and the violent criminals are locked up,why would honest citizens need background checks and permits? 

Well, alrighty.  :thud:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #287 on: August 09, 2019, 01:57:22 am »
Huh?

Me neither.  I think it's Why spend a fortune you don't have, to build a safe to hold nothing.  How that applies, I dunno.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #288 on: August 09, 2019, 01:57:41 am »
@Victoria33   We already have background checks in place. For at least a couple of decades. What the Dims and RINO's are pushing for now is beyond a step too far. They know this,and that is why they are pushing for it so hard. Even they know they have no chance at all unless they can make Trump look like Hitler.
@sneakypete
@Cyber Liberty

I have bought a number of "defensive" weapons, one time bought three at once, and gone through the "wait here until I go in the back and check you out".  I know we have this background check.

I dread, for others not me, since I have what I need/want, the "universal" background check due to using that to increase ways to stop the sale of weapons and a likely new "keep the info", don't shred it, so we know what you have and where you live.

Trump wants the vote of "almost 5 million" members of the NRA.  He also wants to get other voters by giving them a universal background check law.  He wants the love/vote of all.  He doesn't realize one group wanting the new background check are liberals and he will never get those votes.  He does need Independent voters and they likely want the new background check as they vote according to their emotion at the time (dead/wounded) since they have no allegiance to either party.

Senator Majority Leader McConnell (sp) is in the hot seat.  If he wants reelection he has to have the NRA voters in his state plus those Independent voters.  Hmm, I don't know if he is up for election this time - will have to look that up.  If not up for reelection, he can stonewall this and never bring it to a vote.  However, I think Trump will force him to pass a new background check law so he (Trump) can appear to please all people, get their love and vote.  Why does Trump want love/approval/honor and glory above all things?  That is another story.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 01:58:35 am by Victoria33 »

« Reply #289 on: August 09, 2019, 02:08:01 am »
LOL!  I'm eating vanilla ice-cream with orange sherbet...enjoying reading.  You're like Lara Croft, Tomb Raider.    :beer:

I had to look her up.   I like it!    :laugh:

Online libertybele

« Reply #290 on: August 09, 2019, 02:15:04 am »
@sneakypete
@Cyber Liberty

I have bought a number of "defensive" weapons, one time bought three at once, and gone through the "wait here until I go in the back and check you out".  I know we have this background check.

I dread, for others not me, since I have what I need/want, the "universal" background check due to using that to increase ways to stop the sale of weapons and a likely new "keep the info", don't shred it, so we know what you have and where you live.

Trump wants the vote of "almost 5 million" members of the NRA.  He also wants to get other voters by giving them a universal background check law.  He wants the love/vote of all.  He doesn't realize one group wanting the new background check are liberals and he will never get those votes.  He does need Independent voters and they likely want the new background check as they vote according to their emotion at the time (dead/wounded) since they have no allegiance to either party.

Senator Majority Leader McConnell (sp) is in the hot seat.  If he wants reelection he has to have the NRA voters in his state plus those Independent voters.  Hmm, I don't know if he is up for election this time - will have to look that up.  If not up for reelection, he can stonewall this and never bring it to a vote.  However, I think Trump will force him to pass a new background check law so he (Trump) can appear to please all people, get their love and vote.  Why does Trump want love/approval/honor and glory above all things?  That is another story.

McConnell's seat is up for grabs. He is being challenged by DEM Amy McGrath.

Trump needs to play his hand very closely on this issue.  With him unable to keep his promises on border security, the wall and asylum, in addition to the growing deficit his re-election is uncertain.  He folds on the 2nd amendment and I think he's all done; and that's exactly what the left is hoping for.

His backpedaling on issue after issue makes him disingenuous. Certainly doesn't make him worthy of the Independent voters or worthy of keeping his much needed base.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #291 on: August 09, 2019, 03:51:02 am »
Freedom of speech is the very first amendment to the Constitution yet we put parameters around this right.  No one can yell "fire" in a theater and there are libel and slander laws "dictating" what people cannot say or write. 

Yes, @Right_in_Virginia , You CAN yell fire in a theater - There just has to be a fire. And libel and slander suits are a civil matter.

The Right to Assemble, also a First Amendment right, requires a permit. 

Not here it don't.

And freedom of religion protected in #1 is limited on government property and public schools.

A clear and flagrant violation of the right.

What the hell makes the 2nd amendment so damn sacrosanct that we cannot put parameters around this amendment too?

All of the 'parameters' you mentioned are local to state, county, and local ordinance, with the exception of the flagrant violation of federal law as mentioned wrt religion.

No doubt there are already local laws on the books wrt gun use where you are. Why is that not enough for you?

The federal government has no authority to impose nationwide gun controls.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #292 on: August 09, 2019, 03:57:25 am »
Because that is what the public demands.

@Jazzhead

Only in your wettest dreams, Scooter.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #293 on: August 09, 2019, 04:03:13 am »
Are you arguing that the rights endowed upon mankind by its Creator includes the right to slaughter innocents?       

Of course not @Right_in_Virginia ... God would endow us to stand against those who slaughter innocents. That's why he endowed us with the right to keep and bear arms.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #294 on: August 09, 2019, 04:05:35 am »
It's not nonsense.  I'm weary of hearing you speak of God-given natural rights and never once address the natural right to life.

I think you defile the concept of God-given natural rights when you use them to defend and support the weapons that kill --- rather than the innocent lives lost because of them.

That natural right to life has been protected by far more firearms than those used to take it... by orders of magnitude.

b

Online roamer_1

« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2019, 04:07:29 am »
You have not made the case that more gun control would save lives.

In fact, historically, it's quite the other way around.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #296 on: August 09, 2019, 04:10:12 am »
The bottom line was that the presence of arms in the hand of the people would serve as the bulwark against tyranny, imposed by the Federal Government, should it become ambitious in that regard.

@Smokin Joe

And at this point there is no doubt about the Federal Government's ambitions in that regard.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #297 on: August 09, 2019, 04:18:13 am »
After all, you can't even trust the FBI anymore!!  Or the CIA.  Or NSA.

As if I ever did.  *****rollingeyes*****

:tongue2:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #298 on: August 09, 2019, 12:22:46 pm »
@Jazzhead

Only in your wettest dreams, Scooter.

Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.   The answer will be clear enough in November of next year.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #299 on: August 09, 2019, 12:41:41 pm »
Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.   The answer will be clear enough in November of next year.   

I wonder if you’ll be humble enough to admit you were don’t next November?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!