Author Topic: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control  (Read 10505 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2019, 03:16:13 pm »
You may say Sclapp doesn't know what he's talking about, but he knows this with clarity:  If Trump goes down as a gun-grabber, he's finished as President.  No way he wins in 2020, no matter how loony his opponent.

My point is that Barr and Trump both have a history of supporting the AWB idea. It’s not ‘out of nowhere.’ Also, there have been representatives and donors, from the right, who have expressed their desire to re-instate the ban, since Stoneman-Douglass and the recent events. So, it would seem as if Schlapp isn’t paying attention.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2019, 03:24:41 pm »

My point is that Barr and Trump both have a history of supporting the AWB idea. It’s not ‘out of nowhere.’ Also, there have been representatives and donors, from the right, who have expressed their desire to re-instate the ban, since Stoneman-Douglass and the recent events. So, it would seem as if Schlapp isn’t paying attention.

I think Trump can't afford to lose any of his voting base, which will desert him in droves if he outs himself as a gun grabber.  JMHO.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2019, 03:52:50 pm »
I wanna know why Jazzy hate minorities and the poor so much.  The registration and insurance schemes he supports (as do all leftist gun grabbers) impact those that need guns the most.

@txradioguy   @Jazzhead

I think I know. Those of us on the right USUALLY tend to think rationally and try to come up with conclusions that fit the problem.

Those on the left are dreamers,and logic should NEVER conflict with the dream of puppy dog kisses and candy canes for all.

If de po can't afford the registration fees,including losing time off from work to handle the registering,why,the government will just have to give them the money to pay for it!

They can either do this by raising taxes on the wealthy (defined as ANYONE that brings in more money than ME!),or they can just print more money. Problem solved!

See,it's simple.

We iz da wurld.....

We iz da peep-pulls.....

Group hug! Group hug!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 03:54:16 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #153 on: August 08, 2019, 03:53:20 pm »
I think Trump can't afford to lose any of his voting base, which will desert him in droves if he outs himself as a gun grabber.  JMHO.

He can’t, but he also can’t hide from who and what he really is, either. I think it was @txradioguy that said (either on this thread or a related one) that Trump would return to his anti-assault weapon stance, after the 2020 election. I’m not particularly comforted by the fact we could say ‘at least it’s not (fill in the blank),’ when the end result is still a massive infringement.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #154 on: August 08, 2019, 03:58:42 pm »
I wanna know why Jazzy hate minorities and the poor so much.  The registration and insurance schemes he supports (as do all leftist gun grabbers) impact those that need guns the most.  Minorities and lower income people who live in high crime areas and if these idiotic plans were put i place it would price them out of being able to defend themselves.  Which is the whole idea behind these schemes anyway.

You know...those places where criminals use guns and give a rats ass a out registration...insurance or background checks for the weapons they use.

@txradioguy

It is MY OPINION that the ugly truth they will never even admit to themselves is they see minorities are inferior beings. Semi-human pets that need some kind human like them to provide them with everything they need,because they are incapable of doing it for themselves.

No other scenario I can come up with covers all the bases. If they thought minorities were equals,they would need no special government protections. They don't,and they feel guilty about it,so they want to use taxpayer money to ease their guilt over being what they accuse everyone else of being.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #155 on: August 08, 2019, 04:00:07 pm »
The concern about insurance and liability is a lie, registration is the golden ring.

@Cyber Liberty

True,but most are so clueless they don't understand this. They just know it makes them feel good about themselves to follow along.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2019, 04:03:38 pm »
You may say Sclapp doesn't know what he's talking about, but he knows this with clarity:  If Trump goes down as a gun-grabber, he's finished as President.  No way he wins in 2020, no matter how loony his opponent.

@Cyber Liberty

And there it is. I can only hope Twits get on Twitter and tell him this,because I have a feeling his professional white collar government worker advisors will never whisper it into his ear. He needs to see this for himself,live,and on Twitter.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #157 on: August 08, 2019, 04:03:50 pm »

Trump is no gun grabber.   He is, however,  President of the nation and all its citizens, not just you gun huggers.   If he does the responsible thing, and is defeated by the gun huggers staying home,  then blame yourselves, and yourselves alone,  for the fate your rights will suffer.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #158 on: August 08, 2019, 04:07:41 pm »

An assault weapons ban won't stop gun violence.   It's just for show - to show that politicians are "doing something".   There are far more effective, and less intrusive,  ideas for addressing gun violence.   

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2019, 04:12:13 pm »
@Jazzhead says "you gun huggers." Is that you, Zero? :silly: :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2019, 04:18:54 pm »
Trump is no gun grabber.   He is, however,  President of the nation and all its citizens, not just you gun huggers.   If he does the responsible thing, and is defeated by the gun huggers staying home,  then blame yourselves, and yourselves alone,  for the fate your rights will suffer.

If he goes along with you, then he will be seen as a gun-grabber, whether other gun-grabbers agree or not.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #161 on: August 08, 2019, 04:21:55 pm »
@Jazzhead says "you gun huggers." Is that you, Zero? :silly: :silly:

Apparently I was supposed to be moved by his portrayal.  I'm a "bitter-clinger."  Sounds like Zero to me.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #162 on: August 08, 2019, 04:24:10 pm »
I have no interest whatsoever in taking your precious guns.  Only that you act responsibly,  and register and insure them, just as I do my cars.

Automobile registration and insurance have been around for a century.   The government has yet to confiscate cars.   
With all due respect what part of "No" don't you understand?

And yes, the government "impounds" cars daily for not being registered or for lack of insurance. Just watch the cop shows on TV.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #163 on: August 08, 2019, 04:24:35 pm »
@txradioguy

It is MY OPINION that the ugly truth they will never even admit to themselves is they see minorities are inferior beings. Semi-human pets that need some kind human like them to provide them with everything they need,because they are incapable of doing it for themselves.

No other scenario I can come up with covers all the bases. If they thought minorities were equals,they would need no special government protections. They don't,and they feel guilty about it,so they want to use taxpayer money to ease their guilt over being what they accuse everyone else of being.

Spot on.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #164 on: August 08, 2019, 04:28:49 pm »
True, that, and he already has one foot in that door with the bump stock ban--something even Obama would not risk.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2019, 04:31:24 pm »
@txradioguy

You nailed it.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2019, 04:35:56 pm »
True, that, and he already has one foot in that door with the bump stock ban--something even Obama would not risk.

Fellow gun-grabbers who profess to hate only two things about Trump (everything he says, everything he does) think the President is making the smart move by alienating his base.
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2019, 04:38:09 pm »
@txradioguy

B R A V O ! ! ! @sneakypete!  Perhaps you finest post ever!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2019, 04:38:23 pm »
Fellow gun-grabbers who profess to hate only two things about Trump (everything he says, everything he does) think the President is making the smart move by alienating his base.
Considering a significant fraction of the 80,000,000 gun owners out there will find any new gun control (or revived old gun control) measures to be an absolute deal-breaker, especially with Hillary still free, the border still not secure, and the ACA still lurking in the shadows, it could be politically terminal.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2019, 04:50:53 pm »
Considering a significant fraction of the 80,000,000 gun owners out there will find any new gun control (or revived old gun control) measures to be an absolute deal-breaker, especially with Hillary still free, the border still not secure, and the ACA still lurking in the shadows, it could be politically terminal.

"Could be" is being very charitable.  I met with one of my US Senators yesterday, and I asked her to please oppose any of the discussed measures.  I promised, if she votes for any kind of gun control, she will lose next year.  She's likely to lose as it is, Gabby Giffords' lunatic astronaut husband is running against her.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2019, 05:08:51 pm »

He can’t, but he also can’t hide from who and what he really is, either. I think it was @txradioguy that said (either on this thread or a related one) that Trump would return to his anti-assault weapon stance, after the 2020 election. I’m not particularly comforted by the fact we could say ‘at least it’s not (fill in the blank),’ when the end result is still a massive infringement.

@edpc yeah that's my belief that if he's gonna revert to his New York Values it will be after 2020 when he doesn't have to worry about reelection.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2019, 05:09:12 pm »

@Smokin Joe

I honestly see no way he can get re-elected if he does this. Not even if he arrests Bubbette! for treason,gets her convicted,and hangs her in public the day before the election.

As I wrote in another post,if Trump does this,the Second American Revolution begins the day after the 2020 elections.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2019, 05:49:17 pm »
@edpc yeah that's my belief that if he's gonna revert to his New York Values it will be after 2020 when he doesn't have to worry about reelection.

@txradioguy

When you consider the hatred spewed at him by what seems like EVERY denizen of NYC,legal,illegal,and semi-human,I just don't see  him identifying as a NY'er anymore.

As for his business dealings in NYC,what he has now is all he will ever have. There is no way in hell ANY city official is going to sign off on any sort of permit for him in the future.

In fact,I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start "surprise inspections" on all his property including his hotel,as well as scouring over all the tax records and inspection permits,zoning permits,and everything else they can think of,as well as trying to shut him down while he is forced to take the city to court.

I suspect before it is all over he will end up selling everything he has there unless he can get his counter-suit heard in a impartial court outside of the city or the state capital. If he doesn't,his life will be a living nightmare.

Dims ARE vindictive bitches and they will NEVER forgive someone they thought of as "one of our own" turning on them.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2019, 05:50:05 pm »

So there it is, then.   If Trump adopts the position of the gun extremists, he loses the election.  If he rejects the position of the gun extremists, he loses the election. 

Start stockpiling supplies for that bunker, sir.   

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2019, 05:52:03 pm »
@txradioguy

When you consider the hatred spewed at him by what seems like EVERY denizen of NYC,legal,illegal,and semi-human,I just don't see  him identifying as a NY'er anymore.

As for his business dealings in NYC,what he has now is all he will ever have. There is no way in hell ANY city official is going to sign off on any sort of permit for him in the future.

In fact,I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start "surprise inspections" on all his property including his hotel,as well as scouring over all the tax records and inspection permits,zoning permits,and everything else they can think of,as well as trying to shut him down while he is forced to take the city to court.

I suspect before it is all over he will end up selling everything he has there unless he can get his counter-suit heard in a impartial court outside of the city or the state capital. If he doesn't,his life will be a living nightmare.

Dims ARE vindictive bitches and they will NEVER forgive someone they thought of as "one of our own" turning on them.
Maybe. If this isn't all some sort of Kabuki theater. We'll see.  Besides, he wouldn't be the first to move his corporate headquarters out of NYC, or the whole State, for that matter.

C S Lewis