Author Topic: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control  (Read 10263 times)

Offline thackney

Re: Republicans Fear ‘Extinction in the Suburbs’ Over Gun Control
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2019, 08:34:18 pm »
Thank you for that @EdJames

Before we can shift the focus to the other issues, we must first address the blood that's been spilled and the humanity wounded.

Red laws, rightly written and carried out, will help us get a handle on the mentally ill who are killing us. And as I said, if these laws stop one rampage, we have done well.   

I just do not understand the resistance to this.  If you truly believe guns don't kill people, that people do ... then focus on those people.  In 2019, red laws may be the only way to protect the American gun rights enshrined in 1787.

Absolutely!!!  But all I have seen proposed is a focus on the guns.  Take away the guns but keep  driving in traffic, buying gasoline, etc...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2019, 08:49:59 pm »
GOP congressman from Dayton Mike Turner backs ban on 'military-style' guns, magazine limits

The Republican congressman who represents Dayton is calling for several gun control measures after nine were killed in a mass shooting there Sunday.

Rep. Mike Turner said Tuesday he backs a ban on sales of military-style guns, magazine limits and "red flag" legislation to identify dangerous individuals and remove their firearms. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/08/06/gop-congressman-rep-mike-turner-backs-gun-restrictions-after-dayton-shooting/1936035001/

I strongly support the Second Amendment, but we must prevent mentally unstable people from terrorizing our communities with military style weapons. I will support legislation that prevents the sale of military style weapons to civilians, a magazine limit, and red flag legislation. The carnage these military style weapons are able to produce when available to the wrong people is intolerable.

https://turner.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/turner-supports-restricting-military-style-weapon-sales-magazine-limits
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2019, 08:57:39 pm »
More proof that nothing good comes from Ohio.

You can't say you strongly support the Second Amendment and turn around and express your support for everything the Libs want as far as limitations on gun ownership.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2019, 08:59:51 pm »
More proof that nothing good comes from Ohio.

You can't say you strongly support the Second Amendment and turn around and express your support for everything the Libs want as far as limitations on gun ownership.

Aww Come on, man!!

I was born and raised in Ohio!!

You can't mean that!

****slapping

(But I agree with the rest of what you said.)

Offline EdJames

« Reply #129 on: August 07, 2019, 09:03:25 pm »
Thank you for that @EdJames

Before we can shift the focus to the other issues, we must first address the blood that's been spilled and the humanity wounded.

Red laws, rightly written and carried out, will help us get a handle on the mentally ill who are killing us. And as I said, if these laws stop one rampage, we have done well.   

I just do not understand the resistance to this.  If you truly believe guns don't kill people, that people do ... then focus on those people.  In 2019, red laws may be the only way to protect the American gun rights enshrined in 1787.

President Trump and First Lady Melania are doing that quite capably this afternoon and evening.

Red Flag laws (as conceived with their sole focus on firearms) are Red Herrings....  they distract away from the real issues that you have been describing so well.

Offline edpc

« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2019, 11:26:58 pm »
In a somewhat surprising move, Fox Business Network host Trish Regan—a vocal and loyal booster of President Trump—on Wednesday called for stricter gun laws and the ban of assault weapons.

[snip]

Trish Regan
@trish_regan

@realDonaldTrump
has a major opportunity: he can BAN assault weapons and envoke strict gun laws and backgrnd checks in one executive order. To heck w/ lobbyists at NRA - the majority of Americans and common sense supports this! It’s time to do what is right for our country.

9:43 AM · Aug 7, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-business-host-calls-trump-192807861.html

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #131 on: August 07, 2019, 11:29:08 pm »
In a somewhat surprising move, Fox Business Network host Trish Regan—a vocal and loyal booster of President Trump—on Wednesday called for stricter gun laws and the ban of assault weapons.

[snip]

Trish Regan
@trish_regan

@realDonaldTrump
has a major opportunity: he can BAN assault weapons and envoke strict gun laws and backgrnd checks in one executive order. To heck w/ lobbyists at NRA - the majority of Americans and common sense supports this! It’s time to do what is right for our country.

9:43 AM · Aug 7, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-business-host-calls-trump-192807861.html

Hey Trish...define “assault weapon”
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2019, 11:50:26 pm »
Hell I'm old enough to remember when a rifle on a gun rack inside a pickup truck in my high schools parking lot didn't even draw so much as a second glance.
Yep, me, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2019, 11:51:19 pm »
:laugh: 

Today, they send a masked SWAT team for you before the bell rang.
They'd do that for a shotgun shell (already fired, not live ammo) on the dash.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2019, 11:55:21 pm »

I’ve heard discussion of red flag laws and background checks, but nobody out there is talking about registration or insurance, but you.
That's because the real liberal wet dream is the confiscation of firearms, and those he is in sympathy with want the shopping list to go get them with--something registration and insurance records would provide.

C S Lewis

Offline edpc

« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2019, 11:55:50 pm »
So far, we’ve got Dan Eberhart - donor, Mike Turner - congressman, Trish Regan, pundit, along with Al Hoffman - donor, and Brian Mast - congressman on record as supporting the ban. It’s a problematic beginning of a trend, when the president previously supported the ‘94 ban and the AG supported its forerunner, the DeConcini Amendment.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2019, 11:57:09 pm »
Stop spouting such utter bullshit.   A properly drafted and Constitutional red flag law will include due process protections.
How are you going to have a "constitutional" Bill of Attainder*?

(*A legislative act that singles out an individual or group for punishment without a trial.)

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #137 on: August 08, 2019, 01:08:41 am »
Like THIS "suburb" ???

Offline thackney

« Reply #138 on: August 08, 2019, 12:06:04 pm »
Aww Come on, man!!

You can't mean that!

****slapping

Me too!
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2019, 01:24:27 pm »
That's because the real liberal wet dream is the confiscation of firearms, and those he is in sympathy with want the shopping list to go get them with--something registration and insurance records would provide.

I have no interest whatsoever in taking your precious guns.  Only that you act responsibly,  and register and insure them, just as I do my cars.

Automobile registration and insurance have been around for a century.   The government has yet to confiscate cars.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2019, 01:31:57 pm »
I have no interest whatsoever in taking your precious guns.  Only that you act responsibly,  and register and insure them, just as I do my cars.

Automobile registration and insurance have been around for a century.   The government has yet to confiscate cars.   

Ah, the old insurance saw.  What do you have against poor people?  Why don't they deserve to defend themselves?  They live in the worse neighborhoods.  At least you quit lying about it not leading to registration.

No.  No deal.  No registration. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2019, 02:11:52 pm »
Aww Come on, man!!

You can't mean that!

****slapping

:beer:  It's all good.  I learned that saying in relationship to the Buckeyes more than any people I know form there :)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2019, 02:13:23 pm »

And yet in your second sentence you totally negate your first.

Automobile registration and insurance have been around for a century.

That has absolutely nothing to do with guns.

The government has yet to confiscate cars.   

Bullshit.  People have their cars impounded (confiscated) every day for driving with no registration...insurance or a drivers license.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2019, 02:16:57 pm »
Ah, the old insurance saw.  What do you have against poor people?  Why don't they deserve to defend themselves?  They live in the worse neighborhoods.  At least you quit lying about it not leading to registration.

No.  No deal.  No registration.

I wanna know why Jazzy hate minorities and the poor so much.  The registration and insurance schemes he supports (as do all leftist gun grabbers) impact those that need guns the most.  Minorities and lower income people who live in high crime areas and if these idiotic plans were put i place it would price them out of being able to defend themselves.  Which is the whole idea behind these schemes anyway.

You know...those places where criminals use guns and give a rats ass a out registration...insurance or background checks for the weapons they use.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2019, 02:23:52 pm »
I wanna know why Jazzy hate minorities and the poor so much.  The registration and insurance schemes he supports (as do all leftist gun grabbers) impact those that need guns the most.  Minorities and lower income people who live in high crime areas and if these idiotic plans were put i place it would price them out of being able to defend themselves.  Which is the whole idea behind these schemes anyway.

You know...those places where criminals use guns and give a rats ass a out registration...insurance or background checks for the weapons they use.

The concern about insurance and liability is a lie, registration is the golden ring.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #145 on: August 08, 2019, 02:26:05 pm »
The concern about insurance and liability is a lie, registration is the golden ring.

Yup because once you have the registration list...

Offline EdJames

« Reply #146 on: August 08, 2019, 02:26:31 pm »
:beer:  It's all good.  I learned that saying in relationship to the Buckeyes more than any people I know form there :)

Brutus says: No harm, no foul!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2019, 02:29:35 pm »

Editors note: There may be more than one gun at many of these locations!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2019, 02:44:21 pm »
 NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre spoke with Trump on Tuesday after the president expressed support for a background check bill and told him it would not be popular among Trump's supporters, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to freely discuss internal talks. LaPierre also argued against the bill's merits, the officials said.

[snip]

"I don't think the president or his Republican allies are going to become out of nowhere advocates of aggressive gun control," said Matt Schlapp, who leads the American Conservative Union and is a close ally to Trump

[snip]

"He seems determined to do something and believes there is space to get something done this time around," said Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., who said he had spoken to Trump "four or five times" since the shooting. "The president has a pretty common-sense point of view. He's never been a sports or gun enthusiast. But he is more determined than ever to do something on his watch."

https://m.greenwichtime.com/news/article/Trump-warned-by-NRA-over-background-checks-14288843.php

Trump has previously said the NRA doesn’t hold influence over him. Schlapp doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I’ve posted more than a few quotes/links that have shown either the previous history or changed opinions of people on the right. Graham says what a lot of us already knew.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2019, 03:04:25 pm »
NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre spoke with Trump on Tuesday after the president expressed support for a background check bill and told him it would not be popular among Trump's supporters, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to freely discuss internal talks. LaPierre also argued against the bill's merits, the officials said.

[snip]

"I don't think the president or his Republican allies are going to become out of nowhere advocates of aggressive gun control," said Matt Schlapp, who leads the American Conservative Union and is a close ally to Trump

[snip]

"He seems determined to do something and believes there is space to get something done this time around," said Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., who said he had spoken to Trump "four or five times" since the shooting. "The president has a pretty common-sense point of view. He's never been a sports or gun enthusiast. But he is more determined than ever to do something on his watch."

https://m.greenwichtime.com/news/article/Trump-warned-by-NRA-over-background-checks-14288843.php

Trump has previously said the NRA doesn’t hold influence over him. Schlapp doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I’ve posted more than a few quotes/links that have shown either the previous history or changed opinions of people on the right. Graham says what a lot of us already knew.

You may say Sclapp doesn't know what he's talking about, but he knows this with clarity:  If Trump goes down as a gun-grabber, he's finished as President.  No way he wins in 2020, no matter how loony his opponent.
I will NOT comply.