Author Topic: North Korea's forced abortions: The Hermit Kingdom's underreported human rights abuses - Fox News  (Read 199 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
North Korea's forced abortions: The Hermit Kingdom's underreported human rights abuses
By Hollie McKay | Fox News

While North Korea routinely makes headlines for its missile tests, nuclear program and the various apocalyptic pronouncements of dictator Kim Jong Un, one of Pyongyang’s most horrific tools of abuse rarely gets a mention and is largely unchecked: the ongoing implementation of forced abortion.

Experts that spoke to Fox News said China is complicit in the abuse, and have said in cases where involuntary abortions aren't ordered, North Korean officials engage in outright infanticide.

“Terrifying reports from female defectors depict undergoing forced abortions after they fled to what they thought was freedom in China, only to be repatriated back to North Korea by authorities in China," said Olivia Enos, Senior Policy Analyst for Asian Studies at The Heritage Foundation. "Other women from North Korea recount having aborted babies born alive or giving birth in ordinary prison camps only to have border guards smother or drown their babies before their very eyes."

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/the-horrific-underbelly-of-north-koreas-human-rights-abuses-forced-abortions

I believe Trump mentioned something like this, he was talking to a Chinese audience and said NK aborted Chinese babies, I'd really have to look for the story but I do remember something on this.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:04:27 am by TomSea »