Author Topic: GOP Senate candidate 'pissed off' at Trump over health care for veterans  (Read 141 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Senate candidate 'pissed off' at Trump over health care for veterans
By Jonathan Easley - 08/05/19 02:14 PM EDT

Former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville, a Republican candidate for Senate in Alabama, said this weekend that he’s “pissed off” at President Trump for not doing more to address health care for veterans.

“I’m pissed off at Donald Trump that our vets can’t get health care,” Tuberville said, according to the Alabama politics website Yellowhammer. “And if I ever get to see him, I’m going to tell him that. You said you were going to fix it and it ain’t fixed.”

In 2018, Trump signed a new law overhauling how the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) allows patients to seek outside care.

The law makes it easier for veterans to access private health care programs, but there has been frustration in some quarters with the slow implementation of the law.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/456230-gop-senate-candidate-pissed-off-at-trump-over-health-care-for-veterans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34