Author Topic: Confusion: Biden offers sympathy for the ‘tragic events in Houston today and also in Michigan’  (Read 398 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Former Vice President Joe Biden misstated the locations of mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, while speaking to donors at a high-dollar fundraiser in San Diego on Sunday night.
Biden, 76, mistakenly referred to the shootings as “the tragic events in Houston today and also in Michigan the day before," but later corrected himself, according to a pool report. Biden seemingly confused Houston for El Paso and Michigan for Ohio when speaking to donors about the shootings.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/confusion-biden-offers-sympathy-for-the-tragic-events-in-houston-today-and-also-in-michigan

C'mon, man.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

Well, people do make mistakes, but with a tragedy such as this you'd think he'd get his thoughts together ... that is unless he has dementia much like his partner Pelosi.  IF he keeps fumbling like this, I think it will keep him from the oval office. I don't think the DEM party wants an old white man anyways.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I offer my condolences to the people of Seattle, and all those in Austin Texas, I think...or something like that...I think...what day is it? where am I?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

Well, people do make mistakes, but with a tragedy such as this you'd think he'd get his thoughts together ... that is unless he has dementia much like his partner Pelosi.  IF he keeps fumbling like this, I think it will keep him from the oval office. I don't think the DEM party wants an old white man anyways.

These horrific acts are seared into the national consciousness and there is no excuse for any can't-idate not to know the location and sequence. I think it shows Biden's lack of mental acuity and a lack of caring.

The response of all the democommies has been repulsive. I'm waiting for Liewatha Warren to disavow the Dayton shooter.

Offline corbe

Apparently, it's an old white guy thing.

Trump mistakenly refers to shooting in Toledo

By Brett Samuels  - 08/05/19 10:25 AM EDT

President Trump on Monday misstated the location of one of two mass shootings that occurred over the weekend during a speech condemning the violence, referring to Toledo, Ohio, instead of Dayton, Ohio.

"May God bless the memory of those who perished in Toledo, may God protect them. May God protect all of those from Texas to Ohio. May God bless the victims and their families," Trump said from the White House.

The president's slip came at the end of a 10 minute speech in which he decried the "barbaric slaughters" in Dayton and El Paso, Texas, that occurred within hours of each other over the weekend.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/456179-trump-mistakenly-refers-to-shooting-in-toledo
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Can you imagine this guy as an 80-year-old "leader of the free world" in the Oval Office...?

Offline corbe

Yes, @Fishrrman he'd be much worse than Trump v2.0, even if we lose both Houses of Congress in 2020.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

These horrific acts are seared into the national consciousness and there is no excuse for any can't-idate not to know the location and sequence. I think it shows Biden's lack of mental acuity and a lack of caring.
@austingirl

Trump called Dayton, Toledo, at the end of his remarks.  He read a pre-written speech but said Toledo instead of Dayton at the end.

I heard Biden do an interview with Anderson Cooper today.  He spoke of the people dying in these two cities.  If that gets passed around to people, they will vote Biden.  I don't care what city/cities he said, because his message was about family members dying and he has more experience than most people of losing family before they had a chance to live their lives.

He explained about his wife and child dying in a car accident and how he managed to go on after that.  He told those grieving people how to help themselves to keep living, which was exactly what those people need to hear. 

He told of his son dying with brain cancer and what the son said to him shortly before he died and once again, told the grieving how to deal with death.

He was centered on these grieving people, was speaking in a concerned voice, not reading anything, speaking from his heart and it showed how sad he was this happened to them.  He said "find a purpose for living".  “There will come a time when you think of the person you lost, and it takes a long while, where you get a smile before you get a tear,” Biden told CNN’s Anderson Cooper on “Anderson Cooper 360.”

“And that’s when you know you’re going to make it. And so many people have gone through what I’ve been through without the help I had.”

Biden has trouble with speech and his brain is slow now.  He should not be president, but in these sorrowful times, he rises above the other Democrat candidates and above Trump.

Offline austingirl

@austingirl

Trump called Dayton, Toledo, at the end of his remarks.  He read a pre-written speech but said Toledo instead of Dayton at the end.

I heard Biden do an interview with Anderson Cooper today.  He spoke of the people dying in these two cities.  If that gets passed around to people, they will vote Biden.  I don't care what city/cities he said, because his message was about family members dying and he has more experience than most people of losing family before they had a chance to live their lives.

He explained about his wife and child dying in a car accident and how he managed to go on after that.  He told those grieving people how to help themselves to keep living, which was exactly what those people need to hear. 

He told of his son dying with brain cancer and what the son said to him shortly before he died and once again, told the grieving how to deal with death.

He was centered on these grieving people, was speaking in a concerned voice, not reading anything, speaking from his heart and it showed how sad he was this happened to them.  He said "find a purpose for living".  “There will come a time when you think of the person you lost, and it takes a long while, where you get a smile before you get a tear,” Biden told CNN’s Anderson Cooper on “Anderson Cooper 360.”

“And that’s when you know you’re going to make it. And so many people have gone through what I’ve been through without the help I had.”

Biden has trouble with speech and his brain is slow now.  He should not be president, but in these sorrowful times, he rises above the other Democrat candidates and above Trump.

@Victoria33

Yes, Trump read the wrong city from his teleprompter. We do agree that Biden should not be president. As for the sympathy factor, I hope most Americans will vote after analyzing facts and not by their emotions.

Offline dfwgator

@Victoria33

I hope most Americans will vote after analyzing facts and not by their emotions.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
No Democommie will be president of the USA from the election to be held in 2020, including Biden.  He will be lucky to make it through Iowa.  His campaign ends when HRC announces she is running.