Author Topic: Donald Trump Suggests Linking Gun Control Legislation To Immigration Laws  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@txradioguy

Uhhhh,I might be wrong about this,but a 45/70 caliber pistol would be one HUGE handgun.
It is, even in a single shot: Thompson Center Arms .45-70

Heavy sucker, too (cuts the recoil a mite). Silhouette shooters use them, that's how I became acquainted with them. I don't own one, though.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:04:03 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

Keep my Rights separate from immigration Law, thankyouverymuch.
Immigration control (Part of providing for the common defense) is a Duty of the Federal Government.

I'm not willing to trade my Rights for them doing their f*cking job.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online roamer_1

I don't have a problem with red flag laws conceptually.  In fact, they may make a lot of sense.  But the implementation and legal standards are everything.

I sure as hell do. That puts my R2KBA in the hands of any whacko-liberal shrink and my ex-wife.
That ain't alright.

Offline libertybele

I sure as hell do. That puts my R2KBA in the hands of any whacko-liberal shrink and my ex-wife.
That ain't alright.

Agreed.  I'm not ok with it either.  Can you imagine if it becomes Fed law?  You'll have people turning in other people for having guns if they sneeze wrong.  That's why it's important to keep silent about what you own.  This only opens up more opportunities for Big Brother to intervene  on a grand scale.   

Jurisdictions that Allow Family or Household Members to Petition

California11
Colorado12
Delaware (Only law enforcement can petition for ex parte orders)13
District of Columbia14
Hawaii (effective January 1, 2020)15
Illinois16
Maryland17
Massachusetts18
Nevada (effective January 1, 2020)19
New Jersey (effective Sept. 1, 2019)20
New York (effective August 24, 2019)21
Oregon22
Washington23

Jurisdictions that Allow Individuals Other than Family to Petition

District of Columbia (Mental health professionals)24
Hawaii (Medical professionals, educators, and coworkers)25
Maryland (Certain categories of mental and other health workers)26
New York (School administrators)27

States that Only Allow Law Enforcement Officers or Other State Officials to Petition
Florida28
Rhode Island29
Vermont30

https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/who-can-have-a-gun/extreme-risk-protection-orders/
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:19:53 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Agreed.  I'm not ok with it either.  Can you imagine if it becomes Fed law?

That seems to be the attempt - And Tumpy leading the parade.

You'll have people turning in other people for having guns if they sneeze wrong. 

That's why I put my ex in the equation. I guarantee she'll be shrink-shopping the very day she gets that power over me. It's what she does.

That's why it's important to keep silent about what you own. 

Nah. I don't care. I already have all my necessaries duplicated and sealed in kerosene back up in the sticks... and a few thousand rounds to boot... And I can always get more.

But yeah, I get what you mean.

This only opens up more opportunities for Big Brother to intervene  on a grand scale.   

That's right.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:32:19 am by roamer_1 »

Offline libertybele

That seems to be the attempt - And Tumpy leading the parade.

That's why I put my ex in the equation. I guarantee she'll be shrink-shopping the very day she gets that power over me. It's what she does.

Nah. I don't care. I already have all my necessaries duplicated and sealed in kerosene back up in the sticks... and a few thousand rounds to boot... And I can always get more.

But yeah, I get what you mean.

That's right.

Gee, your ex sounds like a lovely lady.   *****rollingeyes*****  Typically, the kind that smiles to your face and then stabs you in the back.  The very type that I can spot for a mile and don't get along with. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

Gee, your ex sounds like a lovely lady.   *****rollingeyes*****  Typically, the kind that smiles to your face and then stabs you in the back.  The very type that I can spot for a mile and don't get along with.

Yeah, but that was before the divorce... Now it's worse, except in that she has nothing more to leverage. But anytime she gets that leverage, she is right back at it. I can guarantee you right now, if she thinks she can mess with me and take my guns, she will do it in a minute. She can't leave well enough alone.

Offline libertybele

Yeah, but that was before the divorce... Now it's worse, except in that she has nothing more to leverage. But anytime she gets that leverage, she is right back at it. I can guarantee you right now, if she thinks she can mess with me and take my guns, she will do it in a minute. She can't leave well enough alone.

Oh wow!  She sounds just like my mother --evil and vindictive. I haven't talked to her or seen her in 5 years yet she still manages to do things that still affect my life in a negative way -- not by much though any more as I have learned that at the end of the day I can look myself in the mirror and I have a clear conscience and I like who I see.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 01:10:30 am by libertybele »

Online roamer_1

Oh wow!  She sounds just like my mother --evil and vindictive. I haven't talked to her or seen her in 5 years yet she still manages to do things that still affect my life in a negative way -- not by much though any more as I have learned that at the end of the day I can look myself in the mirror and I have a clear conscience and I like who I see.

YEP. I can tell you, she has not missed a single opportunity to twist the knife... But likewise, less anymore, now that the kids are through school and mostly on their own.

But the point being that a vindictive b**** and a liberal shrink can do a whole lot of damage with this red flag law bs. Mark my words.

Offline libertybele

YEP. I can tell you, she has not missed a single opportunity to twist the knife... But likewise, less anymore, now that the kids are through school and mostly on their own.

But the point being that a vindictive b**** and a liberal shrink can do a whole lot of damage with this red flag law bs. Mark my words.

Exactly and in essence will leave power for the government to determine who is protected under the second amendment and who isn't. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Now consider that any kid who gets in a knuckle duster in grade school will be branded as having "anger issues" and "violent tendencies", and they will be doomed to not only disarmament, but a lifetime of 'counseling' as well. Between maintenance medication (happy pills and the like) and the whim of people I have seen be far less than objective, especially in their assessments of boys and young men, those who are allowed to exercise that Right will be few and far enough between to completely negate any check on the tendencies of Governments to become more totalitarian.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Now consider that any kid who gets in a knuckle duster in grade school will be branded as having "anger issues" and "violent tendencies", and they will be doomed to not only disarmament, but a lifetime of 'counseling' as well. Between maintenance medication (happy pills and the like) and the whim of people I have seen be far less than objective, especially in their assessments of boys and young men, those who are allowed to exercise that Right will be few and far enough between to completely negate any check on the tendencies of Governments to become more totalitarian.

That's right. I fought that hard for both my sons.
Elder son (the cop) got into tussles pretty well once a month, one time, having kicked the crap out of most of the football team. Another time, he got in a pinch for knockin a guy out that was slappin on his girlfriend. My boy stepped in and put him on the ground, doin the chicken, with one punch.

For a while there, I was in the principals office almost as much as I was in church. And every one of em were cases of self defense or defense of others.

My other boy was diagnosed by the school shrink as being some sort of ADD, and meds were automatically imposed... Because of my elder son's shenanigans, my ex was all for dopin the boy up... In fact, that was probably the catalyst that caused my divorce. I would not have any of that. He wound up quitting school, with three months to go... Either take the dope or get out... He got out.

Now he's head of IT in a regional headquarters for a multi-national corp... At twenty five years old.
There ain't a dang thing wrong with that boy.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Now consider that any kid who gets in a knuckle duster in grade school will be branded as having "anger issues" and "violent tendencies", and they will be doomed to not only disarmament, but a lifetime of 'counseling' as well.

@Smokin Joe

And THERE lies the true hidden evil. Once you are declared to be emotionally unbalanced,you will ALWAYS be considered to be emotionally unbalanced,and will affect EVERY aspect of your life. Including simple day to day stuff,like getting a drivers license or signing a lease.

THIS is why they want to take everyone's guns away. Then they can do any damn thing they want to do,and not worry about personal consequences.

And any of you fools that think this is just about so-callled "assault" rifles and handguns,think again. Once they gain this power,they will instantly be after your "Model 94 Winchester 30/30 Sniper Rifle". Don't laugh. Most city creatures don't know the difference.

Between maintenance medication (happy pills and the like)

Can you say "Soylent Green"?  Chemistry has advanced a lot since that movie,and you can be assured your daily dose will be both highly addictive and only available from "the proper authorities".
and the whim of people

There will be no such thing unless you were born into one of the Ruling Class Families. You will do what you are told or you don't eat or have a place to stay.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GrouchoTex

@sneakypete @edpc

Yeah the 45-70 Govt. round is a man sized rifle round to be sure.

What I meant was..and I apologize for not being clearer...is that the left will systematically work their way through the myriad of firearms eliminating different categories as they become the next scary black rifle or death dealing semi-automatic menace.

AR's and their clones will be the first to go...then semi-auto pistols (after their capacity has been limited to 5 rounds)...then they'll go after the Pistol Caliber Carbines because they can spit out everything from .380 to 10mm at "near assault rifle velocities" (I know that's not the real case but the left will claim it's fact)...when they're done with those...THEN the'll come after the lever and bolt action rifles with detachable magazines because those will be the new "high capacity assault weapons" once the left has banned everything else.  Revolvers that can hole more than 5 rounds in calibers above .38 Spcl will be next.

Some may laugh and roll their eyes at that...but if we start down the slippery slope and buy into this BS of "sensible gun control" it's where we'll end up.  Every time the right gives an inch...the left takes three miles.

Not laughing @txradioguy
I believe you.