Author Topic: ‘TRAGEDY AVERTED’: Feds Say They Have Thwarted a Mass Shooting Plot In Lubbock, Texas  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
TEXAS — A Lubbock man allegedly contemplating a mass shooting has been charged by criminal complaint with making false statements to a federally-licensed firearms dealer.

The potential shooting has been averted.

William Patrick Williams, 19, was arrested by special agents of ATF and FBI Thursday, following a brief hospitalization.

According to a criminal complaint, on July 13, Mr. Williams allegedly told his grandmother he had recently purchased an AK-47 rifle and planned to “shoot up” a local hotel and then commit suicide by cop. Sensing he was both homicidal and suicidal, she convinced him to allow her to bring him to a local hospital instead...

https://breaking911.com/tragedy-averted-feds-say-they-have-thwarted-a-mass-shooting-plot-in-lubbock-texas/

This is how it should work.

Offline roamer_1

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wishful thinking.

Not in this case. 

Who peed in your Cheerios?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Not in this case. 

They can stop a black guy but countless white guys are left to murder and discredit the rest of us?

Screw'em. I have my honor to defend.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

What do you mean? It was a simple statement.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
What do you mean? It was a simple statement.

I thought it was a positivish story, you were pessimistic.

No biggie; I can understand how a person would be pessimistic now.

Offline roamer_1

I thought it was a positivish story, you were pessimistic.

No biggie; I can understand how a person would be pessimistic now.

Not really pessimistic. It is unusual for a person to confess before the fact. That's what I meant.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It is a positive story.  The Feds didn't "thwart" anything, the grandmother did...for which we can be thankful.  She talked him out of it.  Leave it to the press to assign thanks.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is how it should work.
Yep.  All terrorism.

It is one reason we will have a difficult time reigning in Islamic terrorism.  We cannot identify readily the terrorists, but those closest to them like friends and family can.  We have to depend upon Muslims to stop Muslim terrorists.

Muslims who do not stop them must be treated as our enemy as a consequence.  There can be no middle ground.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

Not really pessimistic. It is unusual for a person to confess before the fact. That's what I meant.
Yes, least of all to make it clear to one's grandmother. Thank goodness for her response.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

Yes, least of all to make it clear to one's grandmother. Thank goodness for her response.

That's right.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
WTH wrote that headline?

Shouldn't it have read "Grandmother Prevented Mass Shooting",with maybe a subline stating "cops show up after being called"?

The grandmother is the hero here,not the cops. Why isn't SHE being praised as a hero for saving lives? Especially given that she had to drop a dime on her grandson to do it,and THAT took guts as well as a strong sense of decency?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 01:49:26 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

You seem to have "confessing" confused with "bragging".

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@sneakypete, yes, you are right - grandma is the hero here.

@roamer_1

Does it make even a tiny bit of difference?

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

@sneakypete
No, between actual criminals who have the support network and determination to carry out such a thing, and would never spill a peep, and braggadocios tough guys that pimp their rep and don't mean a damn thing otherwise, it would be extremely hard to winnow the field and find a perpetrator before the fact. This guy is a fluke...

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
It is a positive story.  The Feds didn't "thwart" anything, the grandmother did...for which we can be thankful.  She talked him out of it.  Leave it to the press to assign thanks.

goopo
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Funny, all I could think was that this was not possible, that boy aint......................White!

Online andy58-in-nh

Our society and culture are broken. They have been shattered into shards by 100+ years of Progressive  ideology, leaving far too many of our citizens atomized and isolated, faithless and rootless, angry and alienated. Further, our increasing reliance on electronic devices as primary means of communication have distanced us from actual human contact, substituting avatars for actual three-dimensional beings. 

Guns are not the problem. We are.

The President of the United States would do well to address the real causes of our senseless and violent behavior, and make it plain that we will not ever save our nation unless we work together to rebuild the interpersonal connections that used to keep us centered and united: families, neighborhoods, communities, civic organizations, churches and synagogues. 

We need to put down our cell phones and iPads and rediscover each other, just as we need to rediscover the power of God's mercy and His grace.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Our society and culture are broken. They have been shattered into shards by 100+ years of Progressive  ideology, leaving far too many of our citizens atomized and isolated, faithless and rootless, angry and alienated. Further, our increasing reliance on electronic devices as primary means of communication have distanced us from actual human contact, substituting avatars for actual three-dimensional beings. 

Guns are not the problem. We are.

The President of the United States would do well to address the real causes of our senseless and violent behavior, and make it plain that we will not ever save our nation unless we work together to rebuild the interpersonal connections that used to keep us centered and united: families, neighborhoods, communities, civic organizations, churches and synagogues. 

We need to put down our cell phones and iPads and rediscover each other, just as we need to rediscover the power of God's mercy and His grace.

I'm a big fan of LivePD. Every time I watch it, I'm stunned by how many broken people we have in this country.
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete, yes, you are right - grandma is the hero here.

Does it make even a tiny bit of difference?

@Sanguine

It should,but you do make a point.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@sneakypete

This guy is a fluke...

@roamer_1

Maybe,but the grandmother sure is. It is VERY unusual these days for a family member to do something like this,even though the truth is she saved her grandson's future,and maybe even his life by doing the right thing. Most mothers and grandmothers these days would never think of admitting their son or grandson was anything less than human perfection.

I have zero evidence,but I also THINK the grandson went to granny because he knew she would turn him in. I suspect he felt a compulsion to do it,but knew it was wrong and wanted to be stopped.

IF this is so,good for him,good for her,and good for all of us.

Offline dfwgator

Funny, all I could think was that this was not possible, that boy aint......................White!

I could see someone saying that the fact they stopped the black man, but not the white guys, is racist.....or something.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I could see someone saying that the fact they stopped the black man, but not the white guys, is racist.....or something.

Looked muzzie to me.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Maybe,but the grandmother sure is. It is VERY unusual these days for a family member to do something like this,even though the truth is she saved her grandson's future,and maybe even his life by doing the right thing. Most mothers and grandmothers these days would never think of admitting their son or grandson was anything less than human perfection.

I have zero evidence,but I also THINK the grandson went to granny because he knew she would turn him in. I suspect he felt a compulsion to do it,but knew it was wrong and wanted to be stopped.

IF this is so,good for him,good for her,and good for all of us.

@sneakypete

That's right.

Offline PeteS in CA

WTH wrote that headline?

Shouldn't it have read "Grandmother Prevented Mass Shooting",with maybe a subline stating "cops show up after being called"?

The grandmother is the hero here,not the cops. Why isn't SHE being praised as a hero for saving lives? Especially given that she had to drop a dime on her grandson to do it,and THAT took guts as well as a strong sense of decency?

The headline seems to be that of "Breaking911", whoever they are. As for what was said by someone from the Federal government, quoted in the OP article:

“This was a tragedy averted,” said U.S. Attorney Nealy Cox. “I want to praise the defendant’s grandmother, who saved lives by interrupting this plot, as well as the Lubbock police officers and federal agents who investigated his unlawful acquisition of a deadly weapon.

Credit was given where credit was due.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.