Author Topic: DCCC Remains in Disarray Following Diversity Shakeup  (Read 304 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DCCC Remains in Disarray Following Diversity Shakeup
« on: August 18, 2019, 02:46:14 pm »
DCCC Remains in Disarray Following Diversity Shakeup
Breitbart, Aug 17, 2019

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) is still dealing with the fallout from the mass exodus of staffers last month due to the growing concerns of the committee’s devotion to diversity.

DCCC Chairwoman Cheri Bustos (D-IL) is reportedly looking for a new executive director and seeking members’ help in her search in hopes that it shows the frustrated black and Latino members that she takes diversity seriously.

“We are moving quickly to fill this role, but we will do so in a way that honors the values of the most diverse House Democratic Caucus in U.S. history,” Bustos wrote in a letter obtained by Politico. “I look forward to hearing your ideas and suggestions.”

According to Politico:

In conversations with members across the caucus’ ideological spectrum, Bustos has sought to reassure them that the DCCC is addressing its diversity issues while remaining fixated on her end goal: Keeping the House majority.

In addition, Bustos has enlisted her senior aide, chief of staff Jon Pyatt, to reassure skittish lawmakers following the staff departures at the DCCC. Pyatt reached out to chiefs of staff for vulnerable Democrats in the last week, promising them that protecting freshmen in swing-district seats remains the campaign arm’s first priority.

This follows the DCCC’s mass exodus last month, spurred by growing concerns over the committee’s devotion to diversity.

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/17/dccc-remains-in-disarray-following-diversity-shakeup/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: DCCC Remains in Disarray Following Diversity Shakeup
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 02:47:35 pm »
“Diversity shakeup” --- is this a euphemism for ethnic cleansing?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 08:07:32 pm »
Cheri Bustos.  Good grief women can I borrow your face for a few days while my ass is on vacation?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 08:10:27 pm »
I hope the ones let go are going to sue the DCCC,
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 08:18:25 pm »
I hope the ones let go are going to sue the DCCC,

And ruin their future viability as lobbyists and consultants? Doubtful.

A number of Republican "strategists" such as Ana Navarro are betting that their antipathy to Trump will enable them to get new jobs when the Trump era is over. There's a problem with that strategy: they've been so anti-Trump as to turn off conservatives like me. When considering who to vote for, I look at the team the candidate has assembled.

Anyone with Navarro, Rove, Nicolle Wallace, et.al. is a definite no-go for me.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:21:27 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 08:20:56 pm »
Cheri Bustos needs to resign since she is a white woman.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 08:23:55 pm »
And ruin their future viability as lobbyists and consultants? Doubtful.

A number of Republican "strategists" such as Ana Navarro are betting that their antipathy to Trump will enable them to get new jobs when the Trump era is over. There's a problem with that strategy: they've been so anti-Trump as to turn off conservatives like me. When considering who to vote for, I look at the team the candidate has assembled.

Anyone with Navarro, Rove, Nicolle Wallace, et.al. is a definite no-go for me.

I can't say that I keep careful watch of them, but that Wallace seems to be the worst of the bunch....  she borders on insanity...

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 08:36:10 pm »
There is one positive thing I can say about Ana Navarro: she's never had kids. Her new husband, Al Cardenas, is 71 and is unlikely to want to be a dad at that age.

She had a major role in Jeb Bush's campaign in 2016. That's an ender as far as I'm concerned. She hasn't acquitted herself well on CNN, either.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.