Author Topic: Cruz: 'Universities are trying really hard to raise a generation of pansies'  (Read 688 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sen. Ted Cruz gave a speech to the Young America’s Foundation National Conservative Student Conference.
During his speech, Cruz ridiculed the idea of “trigger warnings” on college campuses, claiming that they negate the purpose of universities entirely.

Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz bashed universities in a Thursday speech, saying that America’s colleges are raising a “generation of pansies” and doing a disservice to students by shielding them from “scary ideas.”

Cruz let loose on academia at Young America’s Foundation National Conservative Student Conference, telling the crowd “if you are a university administrator, the ideas that are represented in this room are terrifying.”

“There are no ‘safe spaces’ in this room,” he added...

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=13526

Bill Cipher

He’s more or less spot on. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Ted - this has been going on since the hippie movement in the 60s.

It is just getting worse.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Ted - this has been going on since the hippie movement in the 60s.

It is just getting worse.

Many of those 60s hippies are professors now.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien