Author Topic: Texas police respond to active shooter near El Paso, Walmart. Breaking 🚨  (Read 12278 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
El Paso, Las Cruces Vitalant centers seek blood donations for victims of Walmart shooting

According to a Facebook post, all three Vitalant locations in El Paso will be open until 5 p.m. Saturday and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday to help the victims of the shooting.

Officials say the local center has sent 90 units of blood to one of the hospitals treating those injured in the attack.

Several other medical centers are also in contact with Vitalant to request additional blood, according to the post.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dan Abrams
@danabrams
·
4m
As #livepd fans know, we’ve followed @EPPOLICE
 and today they have been called to duty to help in so many ways. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with the victims, their families, the first responders, and the police who are doing such important work
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I’m glad.was worried about Victoria and corbe,

No, they're 500-600 miles away.  Thankfully.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
David French
@DavidAFrench
Regardless of whether that manifesto is real, this is still true:

We should be treating online alt-right/white supremacist radicalization with the exact seriousness we treat online jihadist radicalization.

If that manifesto is real, then this is especially true.

I think French got suckered into the hoax but time will tell.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Washington Examiner reporter Anna Giaritelli posted the name and a photos of the alleged shooter, sourced to law enforcement, “A law enforcement official in El Paso told me the Walmart shooter is in custody. Patrick Crusius of Dallas. Just turned 21 years old this week.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/photos-and-name-of-alleged-walmart-shooter-posted-by-reporter/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline TomSea

TV station reporting shooter's name is Patrick Crusius, (btw, there was a German Philosopher named Christian August Crusius fwiw) German name???

https://www.local10.com/news/crime/police-deaths-injuries-in-texas-shopping-complex-shooting

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tom Winter
@Tom_Winter
·
2m
NBC News: There are at least 18 people killed and 40 people injured as a result of the shooting at the shopping center in El Paso, TX, according to senior U.S. law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation.
Support the USO

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So, if the various social media sites have developed algorithms that can determine what your politics are, where you live, where you shop, personal preferences, marital status or lack thereof, etc., why can't they develop algorithms that can determine a level of antisociablilty?  I'm not saying I like the idea, but if they can do what they do with the rest of our data, why not that?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I don't often visit Walmart,  but always am armed when I do. If only someone had stopped this guy.

My wife asked me, "isn't Texas open carry, like Arizona and Wyoming?"

I replied, "I believe so."

One shooter.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

So, if the various social media sites have developed algorithms that can determine what your politics are, where you live, where you shop, personal preferences, marital status or lack thereof, etc., why can't they develop algorithms that can determine a level of antisociablilty?  I'm not saying I like the idea, but if they can do what they do with the rest of our data, why not that?

Scott Adams opined perhaps algorithms might identify high risk people, and provide them with "feeds" aimed to influence their behavior, in positive directions.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

Washington Examiner reporter Anna Giaritelli posted the name and a photos of the alleged shooter, sourced to law enforcement, “A law enforcement official in El Paso told me the Walmart shooter is in custody. Patrick Crusius of Dallas. Just turned 21 years old this week.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/photos-and-name-of-alleged-walmart-shooter-posted-by-reporter/

Dressed the same as the person in the purported surveillance photo. Any official confirmation?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
My wife asked me, "isn't Texas open carry, like Arizona and Wyoming?"

I replied, "I believe so."

One shooter.

Texas is open carry only if you have a License to Carry.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
El Paso Shooter Identified Online As Trump Supporter Who Didn’t Like ‘Race Mixing’
Patrick Crusius allegedly left behind a racist manifesto before the deadly shooting rampage at a mall.

https://newsone.com/3883517/el-paso-shooter-patrick-crusius/

A manifesto purportedly written by Crusius, perhaps even in the hours before the shooting attack that according to one report left at least 18 people dead, was left behind. Pages of the manifesto included anti-immigrant rhetoric with the author going into depth on why he is “against race mixing,” supports the idea to “send them back” and offering a prediction of “genocide.”

Offline rustynail

Democratic Underground is saying the shooter is MAGA with an internet trail.

Offline truth_seeker

German name???

the ending "ius" was used in Swedish and perhaps German, to denote high status, like professors and religious figures.

Streling-Strelingius is an example in Sweden, centuries ago.

In English we use. "Andrew" in Swedish they use "Anders" and also "Andreas."

I believe the "ius" and "eas" endings are from Latin versions of Germanic names.

A multilingcargo pants,  multilingual friend of mine from Switzerland, named Andreas confirmed this for me years ago.

Sole shooter. Khaki

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Democratic Underground is saying the shooter is MAGA with an internet trail.

Hackers are screwing with his mylife profile. Supposedly twitter account inactive for two years and FB rarely used. Had three friends on FB.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline rustynail

Hackers are screwing with his mylife profile. Supposedly twitter account inactive for two years and FB rarely used. Had three friends on FB.
  Thanks.

Offline Night Hides Not

Cielo Vista mall, I know it, there wasn't a Walmart by it back then. We will see, it was their best mall back then, multiple floors, fountains and some Spanish painted floor tiles.

I lived in what was then the Viva Apartments, just north of Cielo Vista Mall. From google, the name has been changed to La Estancia.

My grandson and his dad are driving through EP enroute to Phoenix. Thankfully, they passed through about an hour before the shooting.

Way O/T, but it's crazy how things work out...my last battalion commander in Germany thought he was going to retire after that assignment. While turning a C-3 battalion into a C-1, he ended up on the Colonel's list, and ended up at Fort Bliss at a high visibility directorate.

One fateful Saturday summer morning, I walked out to my car. There was a 3x5 card on my windshield, and I immediately recognized the initials. It said, "come see me", with his apartment number.

He offered me a job as his Operations Officer after I finished the Captains course, and I immediately accepted. Shortly after, my future bride would come to work in my section.

I loved the 15 years I lived in El Paso, and today's events leave me deeply saddened.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

El Paso Shooter Identified Online As Trump Supporter Who Didn’t Like ‘Race Mixing’
Patrick Crusius allegedly left behind a racist manifesto before the deadly shooting rampage at a mall.

https://newsone.com/3883517/el-paso-shooter-patrick-crusius/

A manifesto purportedly written by Crusius, perhaps even in the hours before the shooting attack that according to one report left at least 18 people dead, was left behind. Pages of the manifesto included anti-immigrant rhetoric with the author going into depth on why he is “against race mixing,” supports the idea to “send them back” and offering a prediction of “genocide.”

The SOB should have stayed the hell out of El Paso, if he didn't like race mixing. It's been heavily Hispanic since it was founded over 400 years ago.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline TomSea

Why does one think he did this Sherlock? It seems this was his motivation.

And that's why, repeating, this might be like the Pulse nightclub and Hispanics bearing the brunt of this attack. There is even a joke I heard, I never repeated it as something humorous, I hope it is not out-of-line to repeat it, "how do you kill 100 Mexicans", bomb a Walmart...sadly, we may see something like this here. The city of El Paso is probably 60% or more Hispanic I'd guess. 82.3% per this:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Paso,_Texas#Demographics

Drudge has up about him having a manifesto warning of the Hispanic invasion.

I also think people are real stinkers if you go somewhere you aren't even from and pull this crap, the Aurora theater shooter was from Calif. to do this, McVeigh wasn't from Oklahoma. It's really sad when you dump this hardship on people and, I don't know, it's sad either way but when you aren't even from the place.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 10:38:39 pm by TomSea »

Offline rustynail

FBI head Wray tried to warn us.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Things are still developing, so who knows if this is accurate...

Patrick Crusius: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/patrick-crusius/amp/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Bill Cipher

Thanks @edpc. Watching evening news from the alphabet networks and this tracks much of what they're reporting.

Oh geez!  NBC is playing a video of Bobby O'Rourke and his crocodile tears.  Gotta turn off the tv.  This performance is nauseating.

I hate to say it, but better get used to it. This guy hit the trifecta as far as liberals and gun control freaks are concerned.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
The SOB should have stayed the hell out of El Paso, if he didn't like race mixing. It's been heavily Hispanic since it was founded over 400 years ago.

The irony is that as I understand, a good number of the people in that part of Texas of "Hispanic" ethnicity or with "Mexican" surnames, have been in the US (legally and prior to and since its very beginning, first as an independent nation and then as a US state) longer than a lot of us other Americans, including my own family.

My mother's maternal side of the family immigrated from Germany in the 1880's, her paternal side, from Wales in the 1850's and my father immigrated to the United States as a child in the early 1930's from Norway.  **nononono*
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline corbe

My Family has been here since 1729, when the US was just a gleem in the Patriots eyes. We participated in 3 of the 4 Texas revolutions.  Santa Anna chased us to Louisiana keeping us from the 4th.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.