Author Topic: Texas police respond to active shooter near El Paso, Walmart. Breaking 🚨  (Read 12288 times)

Offline musiclady

@Smokin Joe

"Keep in mind the inspiration for Goebbels was Communist (Bolshevik) propaganda films, and a far better study of such things has been made since, including emotional manipulation by imagery, creating feelings in groups ("positive" or "negative"), and the ever present "Big Lie" techniques which have been refined and mastered by none other than Hollywood and Television Media over the time since. It makes for great and impactful drama and fiction on the big screen. But there is a dark side to that as well.
Right now, those techniques are being used to panic the American People, like a herd of frightened sheep, into demanding that their Rights be taken away. They are likely also driving some poor SOB over the edge somewhere, too. If you had the misfortune to believe what you heard on the broadcast channels, looped a go-zillion times a day for your viewing convenience, you'd probably go nuts, too. You might even begin to believe that drivel..."

The mass panic techniques were used after 911 and now the sheeple line up like lambs to be felt up by TSA and told how much hand cream to bring on an airplane. You are absolutely correct. It's happening again.

This is radically different from what happened after 9-11.  There is no Constitutional right to carry a bottle of shampoo on an airline.

There IS, however, an enumerated right to KBA, which is in serious jeopardy now.

Two very different things.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That is exactly, precisely what is being perpetrated upon us right now. 

Great rant, @Smokin Joe!

Yep!  Right out of the "We've got to DO something!" line of BS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Smokin Joe

"Keep in mind the inspiration for Goebbels was Communist (Bolshevik) propaganda films, and a far better study of such things has been made since, including emotional manipulation by imagery, creating feelings in groups ("positive" or "negative"), and the ever present "Big Lie" techniques which have been refined and mastered by none other than Hollywood and Television Media over the time since. It makes for great and impactful drama and fiction on the big screen. But there is a dark side to that as well.
Right now, those techniques are being used to panic the American People, like a herd of frightened sheep, into demanding that their Rights be taken away. They are likely also driving some poor SOB over the edge somewhere, too. If you had the misfortune to believe what you heard on the broadcast channels, looped a go-zillion times a day for your viewing convenience, you'd probably go nuts, too. You might even begin to believe that drivel..."

The mass panic techniques were used after 911 and now the sheeple line up like lambs to be felt up by TSA and told how much hand cream to bring on an airplane. You are absolutely correct. It's happening again.

Actually, they learned their craft at the feet of people like George Creel and Edward Bernays @austingirl but you get it.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/how-woodrow-wilsons-propaganda-machine-changed-american-journalism-180963082/

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
This is radically different from what happened after 9-11.  There is no Constitutional right to carry a bottle of shampoo on an airline.

There IS, however, an enumerated right to KBA, which is in serious jeopardy now.

Two very different things.

I was speaking about the emotional manipulation techniques used, not inherent rights. But now that you mention it, being felt up by the TSA and having a six ounce bottle of moisturizer confiscated is a violation of protection from unreasonable search and seizure. :tongue2:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Smokin Joe

@austingirl

Let's not forget that communists always play "the long game" in order to wear people down until a generation comes along that just doesn't know any better because this is all they have heard their entire lives,and they personally have no experience with the subject.

When the left first started ranting about gun control almost everybody laughed at them because we all knew better,and knew why they were after gun control. Now,several generations later,we have a couple of generations of adults that grew up in cities,never went hunting,never had a gun in their home,and don't know anyone that has. To THESE people the emotional message the left is sending it IS real because they have no reason to doubt it. ESPECIALLY not when it is being parroted by teachers (the very FIRST group the communists took over),police,and trusted politicians.

Hell,even movie stars champion it,and who is smarter or more sincere than people who live imaginary lives,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

I was speaking about the emotional manipulation techniques used, not inherent rights. But now that you mention it, being felt up by the TSA and having a six ounce bottle of moisturizer confiscated is a violation of protection from unreasonable search and seizure. :tongue2:

Well, I'm not sure about the seizure part, but the search part certainly applies!  happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline verga

@Smokin Joe   @verga

I have a dirty little secret I will admit to doing. The summer the movie "JAWS" (edit,damn chemo brain!) came out I was living on the oceanfront,and was usually going down at roughly the same time the sun was coming up.

As I walked off the fishing pier one morning after enjoying a few cups of coffee,I happened to notice all the tourists swimming near the pier (a truly world-class BAD idea),and just laying on the beach,

This inspired me,so I started  jumping up and down in panic,pointing out in the water,and screaming "shark! shark!" at the top of my voice. I swear some people were swimming for the  beach so fast they were creating bow waves. Others on the beach were just running around and circles and hopping up and down.

One of the funniest things I have ever seen,

BAD sneakypete,BAD!
:yowsa: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Damn, wish I had been there to see it. Wait, no I mean that was wrong on so many levels. (Wrong but still hilarious.)
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Yep!  Right out of the "We've got to DO something!" line of BS!
Quite often it is better to do NOTHING than to do the wrong something.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline thackney

Quite often it is better to do NOTHING than to do the wrong something.

When it is Congress and an "emergency", we should all be shouting "Don't just do something, stand there."
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
When it is Congress and an "emergency", we should all be shouting "Don't just do something, stand there."

The Texas Constitution requires the legislature to meet for 140 days every two years but there are many who believe that the transcription was in error and it really said two days every 140 years!   wink777

- J. R. R. Tolkien