Author Topic: Texas police respond to active shooter near El Paso, Walmart. Breaking 🚨  (Read 12534 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If there were multiple and well-armed shooters, I'm thinking cartels seems to be a possibility.

@TomSea

I wouldn't think so. Cartels are businesses that use violence to keep their employees in line,and to punish competitors that step on their toes. Random killings just ain;t their thing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@TomSea

I wouldn't think so. Cartels are businesses that use violence to keep their employees in line,and to punish competitors that step on their toes. Random killings just ain;t their thing.

I said if there were multiple gunman as first reported and many innocent bystanders have been killed in Mexico over the years. Some things they have done could be called terrorism.

Offline TomSea

Watch for the piling on, it's already started. One sure wonders about the shooter. Psychotropic drugs?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don’t envy the law enforcement officers having to not only clear the Walmart but that mall and the Sams Club.

They’ve got their work cut out for them.

@txradioguy

I can't even imagine an effective way to do it,other than the obvious things like giving priority clearance to children and old people with walkers.

No matter what they do,there are going to be people finding fault.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 01:16:28 am by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Of course, but at least this time, CBS didn't automatically blame "right-wing gun nuts."

@Applewood

Doesn't matter because they can focus on blaming the guns,just like they drove themselves there and and opened fire.

Once the clueless focus in on the "evil guns",the media can then shift focus to the most obvious gun owners,like NRA members and people with CCW permits.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
An Army E-4 rushed in to save a bunch of kids in the Walmart.

If his chain of command is smart they need to start working on the paperwork for his Soldiers Medal right now.

@txradioguy

At a minimum. Not to mention a promotion to E-5,and orders to Ranger School if they can talk him into it.  If not,some other sort of leadership school. This is one we don't need to let get away due to neglect.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The irony is that as I understand, a good number of the people in that part of Texas of "Hispanic" ethnicity or with "Mexican" surnames, have been in the US (legally and prior to and since its very beginning, first as an independent nation and then as a US state) longer than a lot of us other Americans, including my own family.

@Neverdul

It was the same way in Denver when I lived there in the 70's. People who were born there considered themselves to be Americans,and made sure you knew they weren't Mexicans.

BTW,stating the obvious "Mexican" is a nationality,not a race".

Offline skeeter

@Gefn 
@mystery-ak
Gefn, I am ok. Was traveling today so could not post. Now in hotel and saw Gov. Abbott talk about 20 dead, 24 wounded - just terrible.  The killer lives in Dallas and came to El Paso on purpose to kill people.  I went past Huntsville, Texas, today and that is where our death row criminals are.  The man who did this today will die in Huntsville, Texas.

Lives in Dallas, travels to El Paso to kill people? IMO of course but this may say something about motive.

Offline mrclose

Jon Scott on Fox PISSES ME OFF!

Why do "White Guys" do this?

He said it on air for everyone's benefit ... I'm sure!

Anyone ever hear ANY @$$ Hole in the media say ... "Why do Black Guys do this"?
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Jon Scott on Fox PISSES ME OFF!

He said it on air for everyone's benefit ... I'm sure!

Anyone ever hear ANY @$$ Hole in the media say ... "Why do Black Guys do this"?

Good Lord. Even Governor Abbott said this will be prosecuted as a hate crime (as opposed to all those love crimes) as well as Capital Murder. What is worse than Capital Murder?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

Sen. Cruz or one of those Senators or other certainly spoke about designating cartels as terrorists, they've tossed grenades into plazas, town squares, so, yes, they can use terror as a weapon. Hanging bodies from bridges with signs could be called that too. Obviously, we do not have this with what is likely a lone wolf idiot.

Offline NavyCanDo

If that was indeed the shooter's manifesto Trumps "send them back"campaign is going to pay an heavy price. But at this point there is no confirmation that it was written by him. ANTIFA could pen that in 30 min.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I just learned from a friend who lives in the area that the mall where this incident occurred is a TA DA gun-free zone.

Which answers the question of why there was no return fire.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

BNO News
@BNONews
·
34m
Surveillance video shows gunman entering Walmart in El Paso; he's believed to be a 21-year-old man. Motive unknown

He's going in to slaughter innocent people and he's worried about hearing protection and eye protection...

Sad that concealed carry holders didn't have the time to put this low life down before he was able to kill so many.  That's why I'm not a fan of those types of guns.  They serve no purpose in society.  IMHO....

Offline musiclady

I just learned from a friend who lives in the area that the mall where this incident occurred is a TA DA gun-free zone.

Figures.

All the horrific gun violence takes place in "gun free" zones where no one is able to return fire. **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He's going in to slaughter innocent people and he's worried about hearing protection and eye protection...

Sad that concealed carry holders didn't have the time to put this low life down before he was able to kill so many.  That's why I'm not a fan of those types of guns.  They serve no purpose in society.  IMHO....

The law-abiding LTCs cannot enter a place that makes itself into a gun-free zone as this one apparently did.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Axeslinger

@mrpotatohead

Do a google search for “Stephen Willeford”

Or  “ar 15 stops home invasion”

And then get back to me.   Until then you’re just being an emotional nitwit.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Victoria33

Good Lord. Even Governor Abbott said this will be prosecuted as a hate crime (as opposed to all those love crimes) as well as Capital Murder. What is worse than Capital Murder?
@austingirl

If the act is also a hate crime that may mean the court case moves faster - the more crimes, the more people want the perp convicted faster.  However, I am with you - when convicted of killing one or many, the killer dies whether called a hate crime or not: killing = killing the killer. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@austingirl

Capital Murder with a cherry on top?

Since there is no way they can get out of punishing the shooter in this case without the public turning on them,they are going to hammer him with every charge they can think of,

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@Gefn 
@mystery-ak
Gefn, I am ok. Was traveling today so could not post. Now in hotel and saw Gov. Abbott talk about 20 dead, 24 wounded - just terrible.  The killer lives in Dallas and came to El Paso on purpose to kill people.  I went past Huntsville, Texas, today and that is where our death row criminals are.  The man who did this today will die in Huntsville, Texas.

“Mom” so glad you are ok. Hope you and @mystery-ak got my postcard ❤️❤️
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
@austingirl

Capital Murder with a cherry on top?

Since there is no way they can get out of punishing the shooter in this case without the public turning on them,they are going to hammer him with every charge they can think of,

Putting him in old sparky instead of lethal injection? I’m serious. I’d hate to go in old sparky.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Well, that really kept the killer out, didn't it?  **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Well, that really kept the killer out, didn't it?  **nononono*
The only "no guns" notices I obey (as possessor of a concealed carry permit) are in places with metal detectors, e.g., the courthouse.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

Yeah, that's why the police have 'em. (Nonsense.) What I'm not a fan of are people who take them some place and start shooting people at random. Heck, there are even laws against that sort of behaviour.

The stores declared themselves gun free zones. iirc, someone, even with a CCW can be prosecuted or at least evicted for carrying in the establishment (known as 30.06 and 30.07 laws).

Just like schools, it was a soft, target rich environment for the wacko, by the choice of the management.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Putting him in old sparky instead of lethal injection? I’m serious. I’d hate to go in old sparky.
Actually, if convicted, the firing squad might be poetic justice as well as just justice. Not sure if that has ever been an approved method in Texas.

C S Lewis