Author Topic: Texas police respond to active shooter near El Paso, Walmart. Breaking 🚨  (Read 12641 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
   I live in the Texas Hill Country @Gefn , El Paso is probably closer to Phoenix than it is to me.  Appreciate your concern, though.

By the time you get to Phoenix she’ll be rising ......l
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NRA's fault

Bernie Sanders blasts NRA over El Paso shooting
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bernie-sanders-blasts-nra-over-el-paso-shooting

Cory Booker calls for leadership willing to 'stand up' to NRA after deadly El Paso shooting
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cory-booker-calls-for-leadership-willing-to-stand-up-to-nra-after-deadly-el-paso-shooting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online dfwgator

And the Faux Sanctimony begins.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Things are still developing, so who knows if this is accurate...

Patrick Crusius: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

https://heavy.com/news/2019/08/patrick-crusius/amp/

The absolute most important fact you need to  know.  When seconds count the police are only minutes away!  
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

Pretty sure the NRA had nothing to do with this - or any other mass shooting in the past 60 years or more.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So the fact that we went almost a full year with hardly any mass shootings and now all of a sudden we're supposed to believe everyone just DECIDED to start shooting people up again?

Yeah, right. Something bigger is afoot.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Pretty sure the NRA had nothing to do with this - or any other mass shooting in the past 60 years or more.

That doesn't stop the democommies from blaming them.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

I think we'll find out there's a significant mental health history with the shooter.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think we'll find out there's a significant mental health history with the shooter.

The people who are now dead won't care why the guy who killed them did it. 

The lesson to be learned is that the only person who can protect you is you!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

Governor Abbott- 20 dead and more than two dozen injured. Damn.

Offline musiclady

It's a combination of brain dead and knee jerk that makes these idiot leftists instantly jump on the NRA for something they have absolutely NOTHING to do with.  *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Governor Abbott- 20 dead and more than two dozen injured. Damn.

:crying:

Offline austingirl

Parents were divorced in 2011. EPPD won't release name. Says there are looking at the 8chan manifesto but it is not confirmed it is his.
2015 linked in page shows an unmotivated kid.

Offline austingirl

The first time I saw the manifesto it was attributed to an Afghani- that's what was debunked. Unclear if it's legit.

Offline austingirl

Female Congressman Escobar ranting about the manifesto when its provenance in unclear. She said shooter came from outside of El Paso and people there have been nothing but welcoming to those who "come to the nation's front door." I think she was referring to illegal aliens.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Police chief of El Paso, Greg Allen, says he could get the death penalty, that is, little consolation.

See coverage from Juarez, obviously a big story there too.

https://diario.mx

Otherwise, these kids, they see this stuff on the web, racist stuff I'm sure and play video games, their mental health might be influenced by this. No, I don't call for censorship but I'm sure some of these guys get a negative influence and are a bit like in that movie 'Talk Radio.'

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

BNO News
@BNONews
·
34m
Surveillance video shows gunman entering Walmart in El Paso; he's believed to be a 21-year-old man. Motive unknown

These are the pics you will see ad nauseum for next several days or weeks proving that guns kill, when wielded by a while man.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
AMLO confirming 3 Mexican Nationals killed.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Female Congressman Escobar ranting about the manifesto when its provenance in unclear. She said shooter came from outside of El Paso and people there have been nothing but welcoming to those who "come to the nation's front door." I think she was referring to illegal aliens.

She also said that there will be a time when she will address this manifesto.....yeah I can't wait..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Victoria33

@Gefn 
@mystery-ak
Gefn, I am ok. Was traveling today so could not post. Now in hotel and saw Gov. Abbott talk about 20 dead, 24 wounded - just terrible.  The killer lives in Dallas and came to El Paso on purpose to kill people.  I went past Huntsville, Texas, today and that is where our death row criminals are.  The man who did this today will die in Huntsville, Texas. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@Gefn 
@mystery-ak
Gefn, I am ok. Was traveling today so could not post. Now in hotel and saw Gov. Abbott talk about 20 dead, 24 wounded - just terrible.  The killer lives in Dallas and came to El Paso on purpose to kill people.  I went past Huntsville, Texas, today and that is where our death row criminals are.  The man who did this today will die in Huntsville, Texas.
Should've been taken out on the scene. Now we have to hear the BLM types complain "BuT fErGuSoN!!1"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 03, 2019
This legally armed military man rushed into action to protect children during El Paso attack

A gun-carrying good guy in El Paso, Texas, USA.

In every tragedy in this country we find out about the heroes who risk their own lives to try and help or save others. Already, El Paso is no exception.
Ditch the fake news ==> Click here to get news you can trust sent right to your inbox. It's free!

Glen Oakley is one of those heroes. Oakley was in the Cielo Vista shopping mall Saturday when shots rang out and the violence and tragedy began to unfold outside of the Walmart next door. He was shopping in Foot Locker and heard the gunshots, he said. When he went into the mall he saw children running in fear and confusion.

"It was a whole bunch of kids in there," he told NBC affiliate KTSM. "I hope nothing happened to the kids. I tried to pick up as many as I could and bring them out with me."

"I pulled my gun out," he told the reporter, because Oakley is a licensed gun-owner and had his weapon with him. "When I hear gunshots I just think ... take cover, save whoever you can."

more w/video
https://www.theblaze.com/news/this-legally-armed-veteran-rushed-into-action-to-protect-children-during-el-paso-attack?fbclid=IwAR13RmxScSy8LmI-e5zeGlZqr-aiayHK3w_iJUuiI4hm3Dy4r82WHaQ4KI8
Support the USO

Offline Night Hides Not

Parents were divorced in 2011. EPPD won't release name. Says there are looking at the 8chan manifesto but it is not confirmed it is his.
2015 linked in page shows an unmotivated kid.

So the kid went to Plano Senior High. I'm not blaming the school, but it's one of those mega high schools we have here in Texas. In this case, the campus serves only two grades, 11&12, of nearly 3000 kids. Easy to slip through the cracks.

My kids are in a nearby school district, Coppell, which last year opened a 9th grade campus, and has HS enrollment approaching 4000. It's going to get worse, as a nearby mixed use development (Cypress Waters) will add another 10,000 residents to the area within the next few years.

My youngest son's a senior in HS, been in band four years, and plays football as well. He stays busy as can be, and it takes both of us parents to keep him on the straight and narrow. We like it here, but I'm uncomfortable with the size of the HS...it's gone from a 4A to a 6A in about 20 years, the time we've lived here.

I prefer smaller schools, with less opportunity for slipping through the cracks. I cherished my years at Gonzaga, when it had undergraduate enrollment of about 2000. I had classes as small as 5 students, usually less than 20. My largest classes were in my major, accounting, which were usually close to 80 or more.

What made that unique is I had one professor for over 30 hours, and he was considered God on campus, accounting for about 5 % of the undergrad population. He also signed his paycheck over to the university, as he owned a hugely successful CPA firm in Spokane.

He taught strict accounting theory, and rarely used numbers.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.