Author Topic: Will Hurd, only black Republican in House, retiring  (Read 8289 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Will Hurd, only black Republican in House, retiring
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2019, 01:09:32 pm »
Let's recall the first black Republican conservative to be elected to the House, Gary Franks.

I voted for him and he never detoured from his conservative roots.  He was the only member of the CBC to support Clarence Thomas.

https://history.house.gov/People/Detail/13411

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline musiclady

Re: Will Hurd, only black Republican in House, retiring
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2019, 02:28:10 pm »
My good friend Once-ler went off the deep end when Trump got elected. I’ve seen it before. Politics can do that. Family relationships can get torn apart by political divisions, marriages dissolved, friendships ended, wars started. It’s nothing new.

My good friend Once-ler slipped into a deep state of TDS and just couldn’t come to terms with it. It’s a shame.

It's never a "shame" to refuse to give up on ideals you've always held.

And it's most definitely not "deranged" to oppose Donald Trump.

I certainly don't agree with everything @Once-Ler said and did, but to call him mentally ill is beyond the pale.

Angry, yes.  Deranged, most definitely not.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.