Author Topic: Thai king names mistress official concubine in ceremony alongside new wife of 3 months  (Read 1783 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Thai king names mistress official concubine in ceremony alongside new wife of 3 months
By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

The King of Thailand held an odd ceremony Sunday where he named one of his top generals and longtime girlfriend as his official mistress, a role that has not formally been acknowledged since 1921.

King Maha Vajiralongkorn, also known as King Rama X, named Major-General Sineenat Wongvajirapakdi the new Royal Noble Consort, the official title for the chief concubine, Royal Central reported.

In the televised ceremony, which also fell on Rama X’s 67th birthday, he awarded Sineenat with four medals including the Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao, 1st Class and the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant.

Read more at: https://www.foxnews.com/world/thailand-king-mistress-official-concubine-new-wife

So... they did this back in 1921 the article says. What is the meaning of mistress in this regard?

I have a book on Buddhism from Thailand and endorsed by their last King who I guess ruled for a number of decades.  To me, this odd thing seems to fall out of the precepts of Buddhism?  I'm not sure of the significance here.  Seems bad to me on the surface.

Odd story.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Odd story..."

For gosh sakes, it's...
Thailand !!!

Offline kevindavis007

It's Good to be the King.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I did the same thing. My wife at the time was sooo pissed, that she refused to have sex with me...ever! And slammed the door.
I said, OK I guess...?

Just remember guys, the Liberals keep telling us that all cultures are equal. This one is just equaler than most.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.