Author Topic: Chinese man arrested for distributing 'pro-Japanese' cartoons online  (Read 361 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Chinese man arrested for distributing 'pro-Japanese' cartoons online
By   Elizabeth Shim

July 30 (UPI) -- Chinese authorities detained a man for disseminating "anti-Chinese, pro-Japanese cartoons" on the Internet, according to Beijing's state tabloid Global Times and news service Pengpai.

The defendant, a man identified only by his surname Lu, was arrested in Dalian, a city in northeast China, according to the report.

Dalian police detained the man on charges of distributing cartoons or anime online that featured anti-Chinese content and attacked the Chinese nation, according to the report.

Read more at: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2019/07/30/Chinese-man-arrested-for-distributing-pro-Japanese-cartoons-online/3401564504327/

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Chinese man arrested for distributing 'pro-Japanese' cartoons online
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 05:40:52 pm »
Chinese people who survived Japanese atrocities have all but died, given the passage of time. But the hatred for the Japanese inspired by what they survived has not died, especially in eastern China, the area where the fighting and atrocities happened.

More generally, there's a lot of hatred and resentment toward the Japanese throughout eastern Asia, arising from the 50 years or so from 1895 through 1945.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 05:42:48 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 05:44:36 pm »
Chinese people who survived Japanese atrocities have all but died, given the passage of time. But the hatred for the Japanese inspired by what they survived has not died, especially in eastern China, the area where the fighting and atrocities happened.

More generally, there's a lot of hatred and resentment toward the Japanese throughout eastern Asia, arising from the 50 years or so from 1895 through 1945.

Which is ironic is that in 1941 the Japanese claimed to be liberating Asia from white colonialists. Many still believe that.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 05:56:53 pm by skeeter »

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 06:20:16 pm »
Taking into account the Chinese government propaganda quoted in the piece, it's hard to tell what the guy was actually doing. I wonder if he was just sharing Japanese manga & anime that had no particular political slant to it, but which the Chinese government objected to simply because it was from Japan.
Let it burn.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 06:46:40 pm »
Which is ironic is that in 1941 the Japanese claimed to be liberating Asia from white colonialists. Many still believe that.

True, though that line didn't play well in eastern China or Korea. They knew from brutal experience that the Japanese came as conqueror, not liberators. It shouldn't play today in the Philippines, since the pre-war US-Philippine plan was for the islands to become independent from the US in 1946, which is what was done. It might play at least some in SE Asia and Indonesia, as French and Dutch colonies had to fight for independence.

Taking into account the Chinese government propaganda quoted in the piece, it's hard to tell what the guy was actually doing. I wonder if he was just sharing Japanese manga & anime that had no particular political slant to it, but which the Chinese government objected to simply because it was from Japan.

I also noticed that specifics as to what he did were missing. It might've been as you suggest, materials the Chinese government didn't like drawn in a style commonly identified as Japanese.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 06:54:57 pm »
Different cartoonist here, I think I saw some other story last week as well, a SHE:

Home | News | China
'Spiritually Japanese' Artist Held in China's Anhui Over Pig-Head Cartoons
2019-08-01

Satirical artist Zhang Dongning is shown with one of her cartoons in undated photos.
Minsheng Observation Website / Zhang Dongning Weibo Pictures

Authorities in the eastern Chinese province of Anhui have detained a young cartoonist who penned a series of more than 300 comic books depicting mainland Chinese people—often those with ties to the ruling Chinese Communist Party—with the heads of pigs.

Zhang Dongning, 22, was taken away from her home in Anhui's Huainan city recently, according to lawyer Qi Qiyu, who has offered to represent her free of charge, but who hasn't yet been instructed to act for her.

"I haven't been instructed yet, so I haven't seen any documents, and I can't reach her parents," Qi told RFA on Thursday.

Read more at: https://www.rfa.org/english/news/china/cartoons-08012019135537.html

Penned a series of more than 300 comic books? She "appears" more Japanese in the picture, at least to me. The clothes and hairstyle, make up could have something to do with that actually. 

This anima and everything is real important to some people, apparently, a big industry.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 06:55:44 pm by TomSea »