Author Topic: California Wants Students to Learn "Hxrstory" and “The Four ‘I’s of Oppression.”  (Read 1152 times)

Online mountaineer

California Wants Students to Learn "Hxrstory" and “The Four ‘I’s of Oppression.”
National Association of Scholars
July 26, 2019

The California Department of Education has drafted a Model Ethnic Studies Curriculum, under which K-12 students will “learn about the interlocking systems of oppression and privilege that impact all people of color.” The draft lists as one “goal” that under the influence of this curriculum, students will begin “engaging in civic action, community service and/or community education to dismantle white supremacy and institutional racism.”

The curriculum introduces students to such terms as “hxrstory” (the woke version of “history”), “cisheteropatriarchy,” and “Womanism.” It prides itself on being “Xdisciplinary,” which is “the holistic, humanistic, loving and critical praxis approach for teaching Ethnic studies.”

California students will soon memorize “The Four ‘I’s of Oppression”: ideological oppression, institutional oppression, interpersonal oppression, and internalized oppression.

The draft Model Ethnic Studies Curriculum is currently open for public comment until August 15. We encourage NAS members to read the draft curriculum here and submit their comments to ethnicstudies@cde.ca.gov.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

I foresee another surge in growth in private schools and in homeschooling. That's not prescience, just a grasp on the grossly obvious.

It's in the proposal stage, so maybe they'll get buried in comments from sane people and the less insane in the CDE will quash this.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
California Wants Students to Learn "Hxrstory" and “The Four ‘I’s of Oppression.”
National Association of Scholars
July 26, 2019

The California Department of Education has drafted a Model Ethnic Studies Curriculum, under which K-12 students will “learn about the interlocking systems of oppression and privilege that impact all people of color.”

@mountaineer

White is a color and an ethnicity. Anybody want to bet me that will never be mentioned or considered?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

@mountaineer

White is a color and an ethnicity. Anybody want to bet me that will never be mentioned or considered?

It's way past time 'people of color' is called out for the racist honorific it is.

Online mountaineer

It's way past time 'people of color' is called out for the racist honorific it is.
I wonder if they any of these leftist nuts even attempts to reconcile "POC" with what MLKJr's said about "the content of their character."

Offline skeeter

I wonder if they any of these leftist nuts even attempts to reconcile "POC" with what MLKJr's said about "the content of their character."

MLK's words today are considered by many to be racist.

The last thing they want is to be judged by the content of their character - they will be found wanting.

Online andy58-in-nh

"Orthodoxy means not thinking — not needing to think..."

"Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing.”

- George Orwell, 1984
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

Is that pronounced "hexerstory," or what?

Online andy58-in-nh

Is that pronounced "hexerstory," or what?

It's pronounced "horse-shit".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn