Author Topic: Swiss town denies woman’s Swiss passport for being an annoying vegan  (Read 909 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Swiss town denies woman’s Swiss passport for being an annoying vegan

Vegans are still annoying, according to the European lords of neutrality, Switzerland.

A Dutch woman, who despite being fluent in Swiss-German and having children with Swiss citizenship, has been denied citizenship herself for her “annoying” campaigning.

Nancy Holten, 42, moved to Switzerland when she was eight. Despite her long residency in the country, her citizenship has been denied due to her butting heads with locals over animal rights issues, according to The Independent.

Holten says that the Swiss town’s tradition of putting bells around cows’ necks and the piglet racing tradition are against her views.

Lecturing Swiss people against cows and Swiss Germans against pigs seems a rather fruitless endeavor.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Sounds like at least some of the Swiss still have their heads on straight.

Send her back to the Netherlands.

Online mountaineer

Holten says that the Swiss town’s tradition of putting bells around cows’ necks and the piglet racing tradition are against her views.
That is annoying.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

Lecturing Swiss people against cows and Swiss Germans against pigs seems a rather fruitless endeavor.

No less so than Americans.
Jussayin.

And being a Dutchman, steak and sausage are not unheard of, like any of the Celto-Germanic lands... We still have Gehakt (a Dutch meatloaf) nearly every week... Accompanied by maus, a mashed potato with kale thing, that no doubt the vegans would like better, sans butter and gravy - Wherein I would opine, what then is the point?

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Opening that link I get nothing but a little animation, but isn't this several years old?  Or did it happen again (same woman?)?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline PeteS in CA

Opening that link I get nothing but a little animation, but isn't this several years old?  Or did it happen again (same woman?)?

It worked for me just now, I got the article. The article was posted online "Roberto Wakerell-Cruz, 4 days ago", but she was turned down for citizenship 4 years ago. It looks like she's making a second try.

Point taken, @roamer_1, the Dutch are well known for their dairy products. Maybe their cowbells are quieter. Sausage is pretty universal in EuroLand, being a way of preserving meat in a time when there was no refrigeration. But German folk are well known for their wurst.

Vegans are different from vegetarians. Unlike, for example, Indian vegetarians, vegans use zero animal products - no dairy, no leather/fur, no honey. (now I want curry, sigh, but Indian or Thai ...)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 12:38:50 am by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online roamer_1

Point taken, @roamer_1, the Dutch are well known for their dairy products. Maybe their cowbells are quieter. Sausage is pretty universal in EuroLand, being a way of preserving meat in a time when there was no refrigeration. But German folk are well known for their wurst.

@PeteS in CA
Yes, I know... As a Frieslander, we sold em a lot of Frisian beef... Imagine my surprise to find out my ancient kin punched cows, just like me. The blood will out, I reckon... Not that I am bad at building dams and channeling water either...  happy77

Vegans are different from vegetarians. Unlike, for example, Indian vegetarians, vegans use zero animal products - no dairy, no leather/fur, no honey. (now I want curry, sigh, but Indian or Thai ...)

Both of which are a diametric opposite of me... I have the gear to dress entirely in leather, wear mocs most of the time, and as a hunter and trapper, never met an egg, meat, or honey I didn't like.... I like greens just fine, but that's a side, not a meal...

S'alright. All the more for me.  :beer:

Look! Steak with salad!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Switzerland has a law which takes residents consideration in a passport application. Holten’s first attempt to become a citizen was made in 2015, when she was approved by local authorities but rejected by the vast majority in the resident’s vote–144 out of 206 declined her naturalization.

On her second try in 2107 she was denied again.  But as they say the 3rd time is the charm.  In 2018 she was naturalized.

https://www.thelocal.ch/20180328/dutch-anti-cowbell-campaigner-finally-handed-swiss-citizenship-nancy-holten
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It worked for me just now, I got the article. The article was posted online "Roberto Wakerell-Cruz, 4 days ago", but she was turned down for citizenship 4 years ago. It looks like she's making a second try.

Vegans are also required to bellyache about everybody who eat delicious meat.  It's in the rule book "How to be a Vegan!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

Garlic butter... Can you see it?
You KNOW that's garlic butter, right?
Aw man!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Garlic butter... Can you see it?
You KNOW that's garlic butter, right?
Aw man!

How are we supposed to be able to tell when the butter is smothered in vegetables?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online roamer_1

How are we supposed to be able to tell when the butter is smothered in vegetables?

LOL! That's right. They are a little heavy on the salad.

888high58888
 :beer:

Online mountaineer

I took a one-day class at the Culinary Institute of America on Swiss cooking a few years ago. As I recall, we did a lamb stew and fondue, among other NON-VEGAN dishes. Mmmm.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org