Author Topic: Texas’ Current Congressional Champions  (Read 2068 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas’ Current Congressional Champions
« on: July 29, 2019, 12:10:25 am »
Texas Scorecard By Michael Quinn Sullivan 7/25/2019

Mid-year ratings show U.S. Reps. Cloud, Gooden, and Roy with perfect scores on conservative action.

With Congress poised to begin its month-long August break, some congressional Republicans can go home with a record demonstrating a commitment to fight for conservative principles. Others might have some explaining to do.

Mid-year ratings from FreedomWorks show three U.S. Representatives from Texas with perfect conservative ratings: Michael Cloud (Congressional District 27), Lance Gooden (CD 5), and Chip Roy (CD 21). Five more Republicans—Ron Wright (CD 6), Van Taylor (CD 3), Randy Weber (CD 14), Kenny Marchant (CD 24), and Louie Gohmert (CD 1)—have ratings in the 90s.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/federal/texas-current-congressional-champions/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Texas’ Current Congressional Champions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 12:24:26 am »
Nice.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 12:25:56 am by Sanguine »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 01:51:17 am »
I think I need to contribute to a Congressional race somewhere and Chip Roy represents me even if I am not in his district.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 01:57:25 am »
I think I need to contribute to a Congressional race somewhere and Chip Roy represents me even if I am not in his district.

:yowsa:   pointing-up

I think I'll jump on that as well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 12:51:26 pm »
:yowsa:   pointing-up

I think I'll jump on that as well!
Just accomplished it./
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 02:09:04 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 06:28:56 pm »
A bit disappointing.
I had higher hopes for Crenshaw than these results show.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 08:07:47 pm »
Hurd’s 39 percent rating with FreedomWorks makes him the fourth most liberal Republican in the entire GOP. His mid-year rating with FreedomWorks puts him closer to the Democrats’ scores than the Texas GOP average.

Hurd's got to go. Is there an actual Republican in his district to challenge his seat?
Principles matter. Words matter.

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 08:15:23 pm »
Hurd’s 39 percent rating with FreedomWorks makes him the fourth most liberal Republican in the entire GOP. His mid-year rating with FreedomWorks puts him closer to the Democrats’ scores than the Texas GOP average.

Hurd's got to go. Is there an actual Republican in his district to challenge his seat?
Hurd is exactly what we do not need in the GOP, a liberal black who enjoys the companionship of the fake Mexican Beto and just this year has declared the problems at our border are imaginary. 
Republican Congressman: Trump’s Border Crisis Is a ‘Myth’
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/will-hurd-border-wall-myth-781204/

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 11:46:26 am »
Hurd is exactly what we do not need in the GOP, a liberal black who enjoys the companionship of the fake Mexican Beto and just this year has declared the problems at our border are imaginary. 
Republican Congressman: Trump’s Border Crisis Is a ‘Myth’
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/will-hurd-border-wall-myth-781204/
Update:  He is gone.  Let's get a strong conservative in his place

Will Hurd won't seek reelection to House seat, had clash with Trump over 'Squad'
Rep. Will Hurd of Texas, the lone black Republican in the House, announced his retirement Thursday night.

“I have made the decision to not seek reelection for the 23rd Congressional District of Texas in order to pursue opportunities outside the halls of Congress to solve problems at the nexus between technology and national security,” Mr. Hurd said in a statement.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/1/will-hurd-wont-run-re-election-house-seat-texas/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2019, 01:35:17 pm »
Update:  He is gone.  Let's get a strong conservative in his place

Will Hurd won't seek reelection to House seat, had clash with Trump over 'Squad'

That was sudden.

It's a tough district.  Doesn't it include much of the Rio Grande Valley?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 01:54:23 pm »
That was sudden.

Indeed it is but we can do without the likes of Will Hurd in any case if you ask me.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2019, 02:07:25 pm »
Indeed it is but we can do without the likes of Will Hurd in any case if you ask me.

Oh, I agree with that.  It's just going to be a tough sell to get anyone more conservative in there.  If the voters don't want them they won't elect them.

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2019, 01:30:08 am »
That was sudden.

no it doesn't. 

The man who should win is one that is tough on border control, something Hurd was certainly not.

But if there is voter fraud along the ways, there are plenty of illegals residing there as well...