Author Topic: France’s Yellow Vests Show Hong Kong Protests Won’t End Anytime Soon  (Read 261 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
France’s Yellow Vests Show Hong Kong Protests Won’t End Anytime Soon
Both movements are able to evolve, and hard to pin down.
By Iain Marlow, Gregory Viscusi, and Kari Soo Lindberg
July 25, 2019, 4:00 PM CDT

Billy has been the butt of criticism from friends for taking part in Hong Kong’s protests. Undeterred, he sees his marching days as just beginning.

“We have to continue to protest until our demands are met,” said the 28-year-old accountant, whom we chose not to identify. “There is no end in sight.”

That sense of a long road ahead is one of the parallels between Hong Kong’s mass rallies and France’s Yellow Vests movement. Both are hard to pin down, determined and prone to evolve—a recipe for all sorts of trouble for their governments.

Riot police clash with demonstrators inside New Town Plaza shopping mall during a protest in the Shatin district of Hong Kong on July 14.
Photographer: Justin Chin/Bloomberg

Continued at: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-25/hong-kong-protests-yellow-vests-show-long-road-ahead

2 good causes, good luck. As long as I'm here and they are there, we will run stories on these protesters.   I certainly don't want to see Hong Kong police hurt, they are just out there doing their job.  Nor obviously, do I want any protester to get hurt. Did one get killed? I'm unsure.... maybe if someone knows, they can comment. I thought I heard that in one venue.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 09:45:56 am by TomSea »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Prediction:
Eventually, the powers-that-be in China are gonna "do a Czechoslovakia" with Hong Kong, and send in the tanks and troops.

And that will be that.