Author Topic: (Missouri) Dr. Angela Williams posed as patient to pick up prescription drugs: feds  (Read 1575 times)

Offline mountaineer

Dr. Angela Williams posed as patient to pick up prescription drugs: feds
Joshua Rhett Miller
July 24, 2019 | 12:30pm
A Missouri doctor posed as a patient to pick up pain pills she prescribed for other people, federal prosecutors said.

Dr. Angela K. Williams, 34, of Florissant [a suburb of St. Louis], was indicted Thursday on two felony counts of fraudulently obtaining narcotic opioid prescription drugs, the US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Missouri announced Tuesday.

Prosecutors said the drug-seeking doc used her own prescription pad to get her hands on strong opioid narcotics, such as hydrocodone and oxycodone, which are generally used to treat pain, but can be highly addictive if abused.

After writing the bogus prescriptions, Williams then posed as patients at pharmacies where she picked up the potent pain pills, prosecutors said.  ...
More at New York Post

So young to have thrown a career away!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Florissant doctor accused of posing as patient to get pain pills
    By Robert Patrick St. Louis Post-Dispatch 6 hrs ago

ST. LOUIS COUNTY — A doctor from Florissant posed as patients to fraudulently obtain prescriptions for pain pills for her personal use, the U.S. Attorney's office said Tuesday.

Dr. Angela K. Williams, 34, was indicted by a grand jury Thursday on two felony charges of fraudulently obtaining narcotic opioid prescription drugs.  Williams used her own prescription pad and wrote in other persons' names, while seeking drugs that included hydrocodone and oxycodone, prosecutors said. She posed as patients to pick them up at pharmacies, they said. Prosecutors said Williams used another doctor's prescription pad, name and Drug Enforcement Administration number to write other prescriptions. ... St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Dr. Angela Williams posed as patient to pick up prescription drugs: feds
Joshua Rhett Miller
July 24, 2019 | 12:30pmMore at New York Post

So young to have thrown a career away!

Obviously a case of *racism* since she is black.  Trump's fault.  Impeach!

"I see racism in the sky, in the ground, in the speed of sound." - Julianne Malveaux, PhD, professor at UC Berkeley a few decades back, when Democrat bigots (defined as intolerant) weren't nearly as hateful and destructive as they are today
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist