Author Topic: $1.9 billion steel mill opening near Corpus Christi expected to create 600 jobs  (Read 516 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by  Erin Douglas July 24, 2019

An Indiana company said it will build a $1.9 billion steel plant near Corpus Christi, the latest in series of steel mill openings and re-openings in Texas that have followed the Trump administration's stiff tariffs on foreign steel.

Buffalo LLC, a subsidiary of Steel Dynamics of Fort Wayne, Ind., said it would start construction in 2020 with plant scheduled to open in Sinton, about 30 miles west of Corpus Christi, in 2022. Steel Dynamics, one of the largest steel producers in the country, said the mill would have an annual production capacity of about 3 million tons of steel for energy, automotive, construction and appliance manufacturers and create about 600 jobs paying an average of about $76,000 a year.

Mark Millett, the president and chief executive officer of Steel Dynamics, said in a statement that the project will create "well-paying" positions and economic growth to the surrounding area.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/bizfeed/article/Steel-mill-to-open-near-Corpus-Christi-expected-14117657.php

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I keep thinking of why I did not invest in real estate in Corpus earlier......
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington