Author Topic: Well, well: Criminal justice ‘reform’ wasn’t about ‘non-violent’ offenders after all  (Read 219 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well, well: Criminal justice ‘reform’ wasn’t about ‘non-violent’ offenders after all
Daniel Horowitz · July 23, 2019 

Excerpt:

Illegal immigration has tripled, discretionary spending has shot up 20 percent, and there is no border wall. But hey, this administration is now releasing violent federal prisoners that even the Obama administration declined to release.

And excerpt:

I stood alone on the outside last year, and Sens. Tom Cotton and John Kennedy stood alone in leading the fight in the Senate on the inside. Today, we are proven right. As the Department of Justice releases the first 3,100 under the new early release programs, it is becoming clear that many violent offenders are going to be released into communities throughout our country without a single metric of “recidivism reduction” programs doing anything to change these people.

Fox News is now reporting that of 2,243 inmates released on Friday, “only 960 were incarcerated for drug-related offenses.” Among those released were:

496 in prison for weapons/explosives-related crimes,
239 for sex offenses,
178 for fraud/bribery/extortion,
118 for burglary/larceny
106 for robbery,
59 for homicide/aggravated assault, and two for national security reasons.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/well-well-criminal-justice-reform-wasnt-non-violent-offenders/

Special thanks to Jared and Donald.  Great job!  Losing, losing, losing.   
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 04:23:34 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.