Author Topic: Omar Explodes At Questioner: ‘Waste’ Of ‘Time’ Condemning ‘Al-Qaeda,’ ‘FGM,’ ‘Hamas’  (Read 233 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Omar Explodes At Questioner: ‘Waste’ Of ‘Time’ Condemning ‘Al-Qaeda,’ ‘FGM,’ ‘Hamas’
Daily Wire, Jul 23, 2019

Far-left Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) exploded at an audience member on Tuesday who asked her to condemn female genital mutilation — noting that it would be powerful if she did it — to which Omar said she was "disgusted" by the question and that it was a waste of time.

Ani Zonneveld, president of Muslims for Progressive Values, asked Omar, "Will you be able to make a statement against FGM? Because that's an issue in Detroit, and it would be really powerful if the two Muslim Congresswomen, yourself and Rashida, would make a statement on this issue."

Omar responded to the "appalling" question by saying: "Should I make a schedule? Like, does this need to be on repeat every 5 minutes? Should I be like, 'so, today I forgot to condemn Al-Qaeda, so here's the Al-Qaeda one. Today I forgot to condemn FGM so here it goes. Today I forgot to condemn Hamas so here it goes.' It is a very frustrating question that comes up."

Omar added that she was "quite disgusted to be honest that as Muslim legislators, we are constantly being asked to waste our time speaking to issues that other people are not asked to speak to because the assumption exists that we somehow support [it]."

The Federalist's Sean Davis replied to Omar's angry response by writing in a tweet, "She spent two minutes condemning questions she doesn't like, so clearly she has no problem condemning things. It's what she repeatedly refuses to condemn that's troubling."

More with video:  https://www.dailywire.com/news/49806/omar-explodes-questioner-waste-time-condemning-al-ryan-saavedra

Online Hoodat

Omar added that she was "quite disgusted to be honest that as Muslim legislators, we are constantly being asked to waste our time speaking to issues that other people are not asked to speak to because the assumption exists that we somehow support [it]."

It is not an assumption.  You really have expressed a possitive view of al qaeda.  You really have blamed the US for the collapse of the Venezuelan economy.  You really have downplayed 9/11.  You really are anti-Israel.  And you really do believe that it is OK to marry your brother in order to fraudulently enter the US.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

From the article....

“The Federalist's Sean Davis replied to Omar's angry response by writing in a tweet, "She spent two minutes condemning questions she doesn't like, so clearly she has no problem condemning things. It's what she repeatedly refuses to condemn that's troubling."

Boom
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy