Author Topic: A Dallas-born citizen picked up by the Border Patrol has been detained for three weeks  (Read 307 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/immigration/2019/07/22/dallas-born-citizen-picked-border-patrol-detained-three-weeks

Galan said she met with CBP officers last week and presented them with Galicia’s birth certificate and some other documents but was unsuccessful in getting him released. She plans on presenting the same documents to ICE officers later this week.

“I presented then with his original birth certificate and other documents and they ignored them. So now I’ve faxed over all the documents to the ICE agent handling the case,” Galan said. “He’s going on a full month of being wrongfully detained. He’s a U.S. citizen and he needs to be released now.”

The Dallas Morning News reviewed a copy of the birth certificate and it lists Galicia as having been born at Parkland Memorial Hospital on December 24, 2000. Other documents include a congratulatory certificate his mother was given by hospital staff when he was born, a high school ID, and a health insurance card.

Neither ICE nor CBP responded to requests for comment.

The ICE detainee locator system shows Francisco is being held at the South Texas Detention Facility in Pearsall and lists him as being born in Mexico.

more at link

Offline GrouchoTex

As a Houston area native, this doesn't bother me that someone from Dallas was detained.

JUST KIDDING!

I hope they straighten this mess out soon.
The Border Patrol issues are immense, and bad publicity won't help the agent's cause, as any error gets magnified by the open borders crowd.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@GrouchoTex

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/07/23/texas-ice-us-citizen-detained/

ICE has released this Dallas-born U.S. citizen detained for more than three weeks