Author Topic: Quietly, another fifty miles of border wall is completed  (Read 826 times)

Offline bilo

Quietly, another fifty miles of border wall is completed
« on: July 22, 2019, 09:47:21 pm »
Once again, the Democrats can stomp their feet until they turn blue in the face and threaten lawsuits to stop it, but this is funding that was already appropriated for this specific purpose. The first pot of money consists of $341 million appropriated in 2017 for roughly 40 miles of new Bollard Wall and gates for high priority areas in the San Diego, El Centro, El Paso and Rio Grande Valley regions. CBPP reports that this work is 99% finished.

After that, they will be working on another 80 miles of new border wall that was funded in 2018. Approximately ten miles of that project are complete.

You’ll notice that you’re not hearing much about this on most of the cable news networks. Obviously, it’s not something most of the talking heads want to chat about because it comes off looking like a win for the President. (And we can’t have that, can we?) But now that the Democrats are on board with the idea that there’s a crisis at the border, they should be happy about this, right? Fewer families in cages and all that. Let’s hope so.

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2019/07/22/quietly-another-fifty-miles-border-wall-completed/
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Re: Quietly, another fifty miles of border wall is completed
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 09:50:15 pm »
nice visual at the end.

From my perspective even if the new wall is replacing the old corrugated steel sheets it's a big improvement.

Just keep building is all I say.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 09:50:25 pm »
Wasn't there another thread here saying than NO border walls had been done?  It's so confusing.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 10:01:12 pm »
Wasn't there another thread here saying than NO border walls had been done?  It's so confusing.

Other one said no net new, only replacement of existing.  I couldn't tell from this article if it was referring to new wall or replacement.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 10:05:26 pm »
@Sanguine

This money was re-building fences already there.  I can probably find this quickly on the net.  I used to know a computer smart lady who could build one, smart to know the ins and outs and she taught me how to search to find what I needed.  Will do that.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 10:06:07 pm »

That's why I posted this. I saw that as well. The only thing I can figure is because they are replacing the old fencing with the new bollard wall first it's not being reported as "new" wall being built.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 10:13:16 pm »
@Sanguine

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-has-not-built-a-single-mile-of-new-border-fence-after-30-months-in-office

NO NEW WALL - it is all explained here, as of July 20, 2019.  That is now as of 2 days ago.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:14:59 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 10:35:17 pm »
More proof of the big, beautiful wall being built
Conservative Hardliner, Apr 4, 2019

https://conservativehardliner.com/more-proof-big-beautiful-wall-being-built

The article at the link shows nine videos of wall construction in several locations.  A couple of the videos show reactions to the wall from local residents, including the small town, Los Indios in Texas.

It's an interesting look at what's happening that's not necessarily making it to the cable news shows.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 10:35:41 pm »
:bigsilly:

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 10:37:40 pm »
@Sanguine

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-has-not-built-a-single-mile-of-new-border-fence-after-30-months-in-office

NO NEW WALL - it is all explained here, as of July 20, 2019.  That is now as of 2 days ago.

It's very misleading in how it's being reported because even if the new wall is replacing the old fencing the change is as different as night and day. The old fence was a wall in name only. It was corrugated steel sheets, maybe 10' tall. The new wall is bollard posts that are 16' to 30' tall set in concrete.

There's a brief video at the end of the article if you click on the link.

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 10:46:19 pm »
It's very misleading in how it's being reported because even if the new wall is replacing the old fencing the change is as different as night and day. The old fence was a wall in name only. It was corrugated steel sheets, maybe 10' tall. The new wall is bollard posts that are 16' to 30' tall set in concrete.

This is a photo of a replacement wall.  The current "wall", "barrier" is the structure to the right meant to stop vehicles.  But, obviously it's a favorite for those entering on foot.

The article you posted is a great find.  Thanks for starting this thread @bilo

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 10:50:53 pm »

That helps.  Thanks!

Offline bilo

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 10:52:26 pm »
The article at the link shows nine videos of wall construction in several locations.  A couple of the videos show reactions to the wall from local residents, including the small town, Los Indios in Texas.

It's an interesting look at what's happening that's not necessarily making it to the cable news shows.

Thanks for posting this. The link was pretty interesting.

I see progress being made, maybe not as quick as we would like, but progress nonetheless. It's becoming to easy to be negative all the time. We should be encouraged.

Offline bilo

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2019, 11:00:23 pm »
That helps.  Thanks!

My pleasure.

I never thought Trump would be as good on this issue as he has been. It is now the #1 issue for the entire country, not just those that choose to be informed. He's turned the narrative on it's head. He's destroying the mythology that if you want secure borders and orderly immigration you're racist. He's now positioning the Rats as the racists and uncaring.

The wall is being built and the sections replacing the old fencing are 1000% better.

Let's be positive and supportive of a POTUS who actually keeps his promises.

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2019, 12:13:20 am »
Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

When we rip down and totally replace a badly broken and dilapidated Barrier on the Southern Border, something which cannot do the job, the Fake News Media gives us zero credit for building a new Wall. We have replaced many miles of old Barrier with powerful new Walls!

4:16 PM - 22 Jul 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1153443827946020864

Online Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 12:22:14 am »

My thoughts as well.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019, 12:25:19 am »

What about the mine field?  I hope they don't forget about the mine field.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-