Author Topic: Texas Democrat Wendy Davis Announces Congressional Bid to Challenge Chip Roy  (Read 1037 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Former Texas State Sen. Wendy Davis – who gained notoriety after wearing pink tennis shoes to a 13-hour filibuster to block a pro-life measure in 2013 –  announced on Monday her intention to run for a congressional seat in the Lone Star State.
“I’m proud to announce my campaign for Congress in TX-21!” Davis announced on Twitter Monday morning. “I’m running to be a voice for every Texan who feels forgotten by a broken political system. It’s time to make Washington listen — will you stand with me?”

Davis is challenging Republican incumbent Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX), who recently slammed far-left members of the “Squad” for falsely describing the conditions of migrant shelters on the southern border. He told Breitbart News Daily that he has personally toured many of the facilities, and he sent his chief of staff to tour the Clint facility specifically in recent weeks.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/22/texas-democrat-wendy-davis-announces-congressional-bid-challenge-chip-roy/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Everyone, please send her a quarter so she can go to downtown Austin and have a rat gnaw that thing off her face.
Sign the card, best wishes,
 Uncle Buck
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

"I'm running for Congress because people's voices are still being silenced," she said. "I'm running for our children and grandchildren, so they can live and love and fight for change themselves."

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/07/22/wendy-davis-congress-against-chip-roy/

Strange, last time she ran for a Texas Office, it was so she could silence the voices of the unborn children of Texas, so they would not live.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline berdie

Oh, yippie!! Wendy's running for public office again!

How special.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/07/22/wendy-davis-congress-against-chip-roy/

Strange, last time she ran for a Texas Office, it was so she could silence the voices of the unborn children of Texas, so they would not live.
That is so true.

Her response would be is that she reserves the right to choose who should be silenced.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I see that yawn, @Bigun, but remember the demographics that we're dealing with.  I think Chip Roy is the best thing that has happened to Texas in a long time, and those qualities have made him #1 enemy to the squishy middle and the left.  I will be surprised if he survives his next race.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I see that yawn, @Bigun, but remember the demographics that we're dealing with.  I think Chip Roy is the best thing that has happened to Texas in a long time, and those qualities have made him #1 enemy to the squishy middle and the left.  I will be surprised if he survives his next race.

Abortion Barbie won't win my part of the district but she'll have the advantage of democrap voter fraud in dem strongholds near Austin.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GrouchoTex

why can't she just go away.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yaay!  Abortion Barbie is back!   
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
why can't she just go away.

Her ego and her incredible moral superiority to the rest of us won't let her.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I guess she ran out of the money she got from auctioning off her panties and other unmentionables.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

Not unlike most politicians, especially those on the left.

Offline PeteS in CA

Why can't she run for President, like a good little irrelevant Texas Prog? She probably could get more primary votes than Faux-Mex Bobby.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Why can't she run for President, like a good little irrelevant Texas Prog? She probably could get more primary votes than Faux-Mex Bobby.

I think that was being discussed a while back.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Everyone, please send her a quarter so she can go to downtown Austin and have a rat gnaw that thing off her face.
Sign the card, best wishes,
 Uncle Buck

One would think she'd already done that when she conned her ex into paying for that boob job.  Priorities, I guess.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: