Author Topic: CANADA: Tourist couple murder: Teenage boys named as suspects (Updates)  (Read 2729 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: CANADA: Tourist couple murder: Teenage boys named as suspects (Updates)
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2019, 03:28:19 am »
I don't care to deeply study how the world's second largest nation Canada is laid out on a map; but a general knowledge might be handy. This story made me get out the maps and look more closely. I didn't know one of their territories is called "Nunavit".

Offline thackney

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2019, 12:28:11 pm »
Nunavut was separated officially from the Northwest Territories on April 1, 1999.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2019, 09:47:32 pm »
Leonard Dyck, the gentleman with the beard apparently was a "University Lecturer". Nothing much was said about him in the thread. I'm not sure of his area of expertise, maybe this article will say:     
Canada
August 8, 2019 7:12 pm
Updated: August 9, 2019 7:31 am
Family of B.C. murder victim remembers Leonard Dyck as ‘gentle soul,’ family man
By Christa Dao   Digital Journalist  Global News   

The family of Leonard Dyck is choosing to remember him by the quality of his life and by how much he loved his family and friends.

Dyck is one of three people believed to have been killed by Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod last month in northern B.C.

Eric Friesen, Dyck’s cousin, spoke to Global News in an exclusive interview — the first time the family has spoken publicly since their loved one was found dead on a northern B.C. highway.

Leonard Dyck poses with his first car in the 1970s.

Read more at: https://globalnews.ca/news/5742622/bc-murder-victim-leonard-dyck-remembered/

The details may all be lost forever, they are all dead... and the police certainly have not told us a lot of what happened, there will be no trial, nothing of that sort. An inquest of what occurred perhaps? Maybe not, maybe the families would not want that.

Interests, okay, botany, sea weed in particular...

To me, this Canadian news all mainly appeared as good reporting, not biased as say, the BBC can be. They did a good job. Neutral reporting in reading their other reports for the most part. National Post is another good website for news.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 09:54:19 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2019, 09:49:14 pm »
Autopsies complete on bodies found in northern Manitoba, more details expected Monday
B.C. RCMP could release details Monday on autopsies of bodies believed to be Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky
Aidan Geary · CBC News · Posted: Aug 11, 2019

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/bc-fugitive-autopsies-done-1.5243304

Authorities might have seen smoke from a campfire, a few clues like this. I also heard one opinion that maybe they died of exposure, we will see.

Family of B.C. homicide victim offers forgiveness as father of suspect speaks out
Sister of Chynna Deese, 24, recalls her as 'once-in-a-lifetime soul'
CBC News · Posted: Aug 11, 2019 11:01 AM CT | Last Updated: an hour ago

Family of an American woman killed in B.C. is denouncing comments from the father of one of two men suspected in connection with her death and two others.

But Deese's sister, Kennedy Deese, wrote in a statement on Facebook Saturday that "The proper public response would have been a genuine apology."

Deese described her sister as loving and compassionate in life and said she and her family forgive the suspects and their families. "But we still forgive you and have mercy," she wrote.

Read more at: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/chynna-deese-bryer-schmegelsky-family-1.5243150

Offline TomSea

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2019, 12:03:14 am »
Canada killings: Teen murder suspects 'in gunfire suicides'

Two teenagers who prompted a Canada-wide manhunt are thought to have died in suicides "by gunfire", police say.

A post-mortem examination has confirmed that bodies found last week in northern Manitoba are those of Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18.

They were suspected of three murders - those of an Australian-US couple and a Canadian man.

The two-week hunt for the suspects ended last Wednesday when their bodies were found near Gillam.

More: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49296097

Offline TomSea

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2019, 10:51:48 am »
The main thing I note from this is that the Police, RCMP- Royal Canadian Mounted Police, released the findings of their investigation...

The two young men made  six videos confessing their guilt but RCMP says they will NOT release these videos, see article for details.

Canadian police release findings of report into murders of three tourists
Moira Warburton

The RCMP said Schmegelsky and McLeod made six videos confessing to the crimes on Dyck’s digital camera, although the videos do not contain information on motive or specifics of the murders.

The videos will not be released to the public, due to what Hackett said was the potential for the footage to “inspire other individuals to carry out a targeted act of violence, essentially creating copycats.”

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-casualties/canadian-police-release-findings-of-report-into-murders-of-three-tourists-idUSKBN1WC2KU

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2019, 11:23:18 am »
What I read was the only thing they found is polar bears. Really? I didn't know there were polar bears in Canada.

@berdie

Global warming,dontchaknow. The Polar Bears come down to Canada to work on their tans.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2019, 11:46:45 am »
It will never be publicized because to do so is against the PC Rules that forbid ever publicizing anything negative about protected classes of people,but I suspect these two boy were queer for each other,and feeling conflicted/guilty about it.

What do children do when they are frustrated and feeling guilty? They strike out at others.

The suicide pact is what sealed this prediction for me.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 11:47:59 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!